News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Earth is flat and gravity doesn't exist

Started by Hydra009, October 15, 2015, 02:25:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Proof that the earth is flat .. If you look closely you can see that I can see a shoe on my back porch and everyone knows that shoe is in Turkey and I'm in South Carolina, USA.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 15, 2015, 07:39:00 AM
[derail]I note his "expression" is straight out of anime.* One eye wide open, the other squeeze shut. Can anyone tell me what that's supposed to convey?
Skepticism.

Solitary

The forum is getting more entertaining lately. Thanks guys!  :08: :08:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 15, 2015, 07:39:00 AM
[derail]I note his "expression" is straight out of anime.* One eye wide open, the other squeeze shut. Can anyone tell me what that's supposed to convey?
Is it supposed to be like Spock raising one eyebrow maybe?

That video was a fun ride. I wonder how many people believe that shit though.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

Termin

Flat earth recipe.

Take some confirmation bias , straw man arguments, some intellectual dishonesty,add in appeals to ignorance and popularity to taste , mix well with circular arguments, then bake until half done in a conspiracy oven.

Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 15, 2015, 11:23:59 AM
Proof that the earth is flat .. If you look closely you can see that I can see a shoe on my back porch and everyone knows that shoe is in Turkey and I'm in South Carolina, USA.

Checkmate, atheists.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

TomFoolery

Quote from: Termin on October 15, 2015, 04:13:22 PM
Flat earth recipe.

Take some confirmation bias , straw man arguments, some intellectual dishonesty, add in appeals to ignorance and popularity to taste , mix well with circular arguments, then bake until half done in a conspiracy oven.

You forgot an unhealthy aversion to the scientific method and moving the goalposts until they're in orbit around the planet.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Termin

Quote from: TomFoolery on October 15, 2015, 05:50:45 PM
You forgot an unhealthy aversion to the scientific method and moving the goalposts until they're in orbit around the planet.

That would be an improvement for some of them actually :(
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 15, 2015, 07:18:54 AM
Why do you have to cast aspersion on someone who is dead... I guess nothing is sacred for you. Your resentment towards life knows no bound.

I find your harping on "resentment" reminds me of the "lady doth protest too much".  I wasn't criticizing Johnny Cash you nimrod ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 15, 2015, 09:02:00 AM
FYI: Newton, the discoverer of gravity's mathematical formula, had such a belief.

Ah yes, the alchemist, interpreter of Revelations, gay academic and scourge of counterfeiters.  Leibniz looked better in a peruke ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 15, 2015, 11:30:15 AM
Skepticism.

More like ... "I can't believe how stupid this guy is, but I am going to explain just how stupid he is shortly".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Solitary on October 15, 2015, 11:31:45 AM
The forum is getting more entertaining lately. Thanks guys!  :08: :08:

In hard times, it is difficult to save up for a cents of humor ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

To me, the craziest thing about believing in a flat earth is that this is in age where you can hop on a plane and circumnavigate the globe and never see an edge.  And every single time the Earth or any other planet has been photographed, there's no edge.  Nada.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out what an object with no edges would look like.  I mean, the ancient Greeks figured that one out and the technology of the time was pretty crude.  They essentially just measured shadows at different sites and did some trig calculations.  Or easier still, note that some stars can be seen in some places and not at other places and deduce that the Earth cannot be flat because if it were, they would be visible at both places.  It just boggles the mind that modern human beings could possibly champion the idea of a flat earth.