News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Democratic debates

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 13, 2015, 11:51:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomFoolery

How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Gary Oldman can personify evil as no one else. Count Dracula 1992 is a classic.

AllPurposeAtheist

Speaking of debates ..
QuoteReince Priebus cancels upcoming NBC debate because CNBC was too mean to his candidates

What this means folks is that we can no longer expect Republicans to answer tough questions or expect to be embarrassed by the big bad mean liberal media.

By golly they're gonna show Americans just how tough they really are by not allowing the media to ask questions that might embarrass them.

Meanwhile back at Fairandbalancedcentral.....
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason Harvestdancer

Ok, here's a very hard question for those here.

If you had to have one of the Republican candidates win the White House, which one would it be?  I know the default answer is "none of them" but it would be better to think really hard and actually choose one of them.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on October 30, 2015, 07:24:58 PM

If you had to have one of the Republican candidates win the White House, which one would it be?  I know the default answer is "none of them" but it would be better to think really hard and actually choose one of them.

I would vote for Trump ... if there were no good D or I candidate (I think that is implied by your question).  He is free of the stink of religion and RNC that the other candidates have.  A business man who has experienced failure in business ... is perfect training for where the US is going ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

TomFoolery

I wasn't kidding when I said I'd write Quark in. But reviewing the field, the only ones that wouldn't make me ashamed to be an American are Jim Gilmore and Lindsey Graham. And no one knows who they are behind clowns like Donald Trump, Ben Carson or Mike Huckabee.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Mike Cl

I'd have to go with Trump.  He seems willing to shit in either camp--or both at the same time.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Mermaid

I think it would have to be Kaisch.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

Ok, here's a very hard question for those here.  I know the default answer is "none of them" but it would be better to think really hard and actually choose one of them.

Why would it be better to think really hard and choose one of them?  For that matter why think hard about any of the Democrats?  All candidates of either party offer a mixture of lies and truth, and nothing they promise is a reliable yardstick, and sometimes they do the exact opposite of what they promise.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: SGOS on October 31, 2015, 07:55:14 AM
Why would it be better to think really hard and choose one of them?  For that matter why think hard about any of the Democrats?  All candidates of either party offer a mixture of lies and truth, and nothing they promise is a reliable yardstick, and sometimes they do the exact opposite of what they promise.

Because this thread has many people (but not all of them) who are trying to decide between Hillary and Bernie, and pretty much despise the whole Republican offering.

I like asking Democrats which Republican they think is best, and asking Republicans which Democrat they think is best.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on October 31, 2015, 12:41:32 PM
Because this thread has many people (but not all of them) who are trying to decide between Hillary and Bernie, and pretty much despise the whole Republican offering.

I like asking Democrats which Republican they think is best, and asking Republicans which Democrat they think is best.

Fun herding cats, ain't it?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.