New York woman sues 12 year old nephew who broke her wrist

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, October 13, 2015, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

New York woman sues 12-year-old nephew over hug that broke her wrist

http://gu.com/p/4d97b?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Now we're making progress. This kid ran to hug his favorite aunt and she broke her wrist making it difficult to hold hors d’oeuvres during a party.
Well it's about time someone hold children accountable for being happy.  See? If she had just snuffed the kids life out at birth this tragic event would have never happened.

Fucking people ..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

WTF? And it says this happened when he was 8. 4 years ago. I want to slap this woman stupid. Like big slaps. Also I wonder is this about some other issue in the family. It also says the mother died recently is this about some inheritence issue or I dunno...WTF?

QuoteA Manhattan human resources manager is suing her 12-year-old nephew for leaping into her arms when he welcomed her to his eighth birthday party.

The aunt, Jennifer Connell, claims her nephew acted unreasonably when his exuberant greeting caused her to fall and break her wrist in 2011, the Westport News reported from the courthouse on Monday.

She is seeking $127,000 in damages from the boy, whose mother died last year. Westport News also reported that the 12-year-old appeared confused as he sat in the courtroom with his father. Connell reportedly testified that she loves her nephew, whom she described as always being “very loving, sensitive” toward her.

He had been riding his first two-wheeled bicycle â€" which was bright red, according to testimony â€" around his home. When Connell arrived, he dropped it. “I remember him shouting, ‘Auntie Jen, I love you!’ and there he was flying at me,” Connell reportedly testified.

Of the damage done, Connell testified that she did not complain at the time, but she said her life had been “very difficult” since the injury because of “how crowded it is in Manhattan”. “I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she reportedly said.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

AllPurposeAtheist

No shoe, of course not. It's about holding kids accountable for being happy to see people.  /wink wink nudge nudge..

drunkenshoe

I was more thinking about where she lives...lol Manhattan.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Munch

Kid happy to see his aunt, kid hugs to hard and accidentally hurts her, aunt is such a loveless bitch she sues her own nephew. What, did the injury cut off synapses in her brain to?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Youssuf Ramadan

This woman is a shitty human being.  $127000 from a kid... and a relative at that? Jeezus....   :021:

Munch

I read the rest of it, the kids mother died last year. So not only is a 12 year old dealing with the death of his mother, but his aunt is suing him..

I can't... I just.... BURN THIS BITCH!!

AllPurposeAtheist

You're missing the big picture here. This is about this poor poor woman's GOD GIVEN RIGHT® to be able to hold on to hors d’oeuvres during a party without infringement.  And OF COURSE the kid planned it that way.  He KNEW that she would probably endure pain and suffering long before he attempted to be nice to her and pretend he liked her.  It's high time that schools all across America begin teaching kids to not be nice and hug close relatives and instead just look on with disdain and contempt.   

Draconic Aiur

AllPurposeAtheist

By the way ..jury's in..not a fucking cent.
Aunt receives zero damages from suit over nephew's wrist-breaking hug

http://gu.com/p/4d9j7?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

drunkenshoe

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 13, 2015, 11:57:06 PM
By the way ..jury's in..not a fucking cent.
Aunt receives zero damages from suit over nephew's wrist-breaking hug

http://gu.com/p/4d9j7?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Happy to hear that. Piece of shit.

Munch

It's like an episode of family guy. "Aww I love you, but breaking aunties wrist was a no no, I know you lost your mommy, but law is law, teehee".

Gawdzilla Sama

Okay, it's time to ban hugs. You hug-huggers are going to have realize that they're dangerous and have to go. Please, for the love of God, turn in your hugs to the police immediately.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hakurei Reimu

It's good that the jury basically told her, "No. Fuck off, you soulless bitch."
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

TomFoolery

Are you sure this isn't linked from the Onion? Like, really sure? This sentence just doesn't... I don't know. No one could possibly utter this and demand to be taken seriously.

QuoteOf the damage done, Connell testified that she did not complain at the time, but she said her life had been “very difficult” since the injury because of “how crowded it is in Manhattan”. “I was at a party recently, and it was difficult to hold my hors d’oeuvre plate,” she reportedly said.

Way to keep a stiff upper lip there, Jennifer.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?