News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

LET US RANT!

Started by 1liesalot, October 13, 2015, 08:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

A 74 year old British man has been languishing ina Saudi prison for a year and now faces 350 fucking lashes for the crime of drinking home made wine. Locking someone up for a year isn't enough it seems. The holy, holy, holy bastard god of medieval fuckwad religious people think the sin here is the fucking wine?! The Fuckwit Wahhabhi Saudis think the sin here is drinking fucking wine?!!! The poor guy's family are asking our poxy, God bothering PM David Cameron (who allegedly fornicated with pigs in his college days and attended the funeral of some snivelling coyote of a Saudi King last year - AND I DON'T KNOW WHICH IS WORSE) to intercede on the poor guy's behalf. And don't give me any "ooooh he knew the rules about alcohol" bullshit because I couldn't care less about that.

Oh my God, it is the twenty first century for crying out loud. Fuck religion. Fuck it, fuck it, fuck it. And fuck any deity who thinks whipping an old man to death is a fitting punishment for drinking wine that Allah or Yahweh or the Flying Spaghetti Monster supposedly gave us the means to produce in the first place.

Perhaps this should be the rant thread. In the meantime, please sign this petition if you have a minute

https://www.change.org/p/david-cameron-mp-immediate-release-for-uk-pensioner-karl-andree-who-360-lashes-over-saudi-wine?recruiter=37154795&rp_sharecordion_checklist=control

drunkenshoe

Why don't they do something about this? At least try?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

1liesalot

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 13, 2015, 08:53:04 AM
Why don't they do something about this? At least try?

I don't know, mate. It drives me nuts.

jonb

The British government is composed of old boys trained to administer an empire, so propping up tyrannies and making deals with them is far easier, than getting involved in the sticky area of rights, especially as voters are far more swayed by the price of fuel than teenagers being crucified, or old men getting publicly lashed somewhere far away. 

drunkenshoe

Yeah well, they can ask uncle sam to do it, can't they? Well they should. Besides, it's an ally.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

jonb

The British ruling class know enough to not use up the good will of allies on matters that they don't give a fig about.

The house of Saudi owns half of west London and is far more important than some old bloke with a home brew kit to my betters anyway.

Baruch

Don't worry, the Chinese folks are buying up unoccupied LA residences as fast as the can ... they want to turn California urban sprawl into ghost cities, just like NW China.  So which is better .. shish-k-bab landlords or fried-rice landlords?  All the US treasury bonds are being sold by China to pay for the "Buy California or India Will Get It" campaign are being tossed into a black hole under Brussels Belgium ... which was accidentally created by the LHC.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.