News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Studying Islamic beliefs is EVIL

Started by josephpalazzo, October 03, 2015, 11:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 18, 2015, 09:40:01 AM
Pompous verbosity if only, more like a bunch of unrelated comments strung out haphazardly...:hang:

Tis the nature of the Internet medium.  But there is more pattern than chaos, if you tie my posts together into a "session" ball.  Usually the last few posts are in mind, when I post a new one ... but not necessarily on the same string.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

aitm

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2015, 09:37:31 AM
or do I need to use something stronger?

You wrote a 1000 page analysis of revelations. Of REVELATIONS!!  LOL  I think you have already had something much stronger.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 18, 2015, 09:46:19 AM
Tis the nature of the Internet medium.  But there is more pattern than chaos, if you tie my posts together into a "session" ball.  Usually the last few posts are in mind, when I post a new one ... but not necessarily on the same string.

How about brief, clear and concise! There is more than enough fog in communication, there is no need to deliberately make it worse.

jonb

So no nuance, no precision, no measurement, just simple black and white intolerant statements um. . . .

Go Baruch!

aitm

Quote from: jonb on October 18, 2015, 10:12:24 AM
So no nuance, no precision, no measurement,

Go Baruch!

QuoteSame as always, Le etat cest moi!  King Louis XIV used to put on a diamond encrusted robe (diamonds purchased or stolen from India) to impress visiting ambassadors with his sartorial savoir faire.  Besides, they have Henry Kissinger's brain in a jar, doing all their thinking for them ... something about betting quatloos on the gladiatorial contests of thralls.

Indeed. Go Baruch
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

jonb

If you want laconic speech 'go tell the Spartans.'

aitm

If you want shit and shingles have a cat dig a pot and banana bread over top.

Jason Harvestdancer

It would be hard for a school to give a thorough fact-only opinion-absent presentation of Islam without offending Muslims.  Per capita they are the second most dangerous religion in the world, in aggregate the first.  Many religions say you should reach out to non-believers, but Islam has special treatment reserved for those who refuse this reaching out.

Although being in a minority faith group may feel like being a second class citizen at times in the United States, it doesn't compare to being a minority faith group in, say, Saudi Arabia.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Baruch

Quote from: jonb on October 18, 2015, 10:12:24 AM
So no nuance, no precision, no measurement, just simple black and white intolerant statements um. . . .

Go Baruch!

I have no dog in any fight ... no desire to offend, but not desire to please either.  Drunkenshoe just ignores me ... that is a good neutral position.

I do try to not personalize, except elliptically ... and perhaps that is too big a word for some of our readers ;-)

"Sardonic" is the edumacated word for "trolling".  Laconic speech leaves too many lacunae.  How is that for a Latin quip?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

jonb

A dog can die if fed bubble gum. Should we shout before the bubbles be blown?
A barbarian (a speaker of letters beyond a Greek's ken) might make rude earthenware, but prises porcelain and said so.
Cicero won baubles by blackening names but was truth achieved or just the rules of tutored debate?
Should one tell the cook his pot is cracked and the fat is flaming the fire?
I beheld a big bowl of burnt sardine.

surreptitious57

All major belief systems should be studied and this should include political ones as well as religious ones
This is the only way to actually learn about them from any objective perspective. And one does not have 
to agree with them to do so. Since a neutral disposition is the best frame of mind to learn about them or
indeed anything else for that matter. We never did comparative religion when I was at school but we did
study Communism and Fascism. For these are also important ideologies that should be studied at school
And the prejudice of individual parents such as the one demonstrated in the OP must not be a reason for
a child not to learn something. Absolutely not. Then what a totally ignorant thing it was for them to write
A MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE : IT DOES NOT WORK UNLESS IT IS OPEN

josephpalazzo

A lot of these people live in a bubble so when they are confronted with uncomfortable thought from the real world, their knee-jerk reaction is to fold in a fetus position, demanding that the uncomfortable thought be removed.