Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi. I'm SHIN

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 15, 2013, 02:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Jedster"
Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"
Quote from: "Jedster"I suppose you know that the the Hebrew word 'shin' means  tooth.

Jedster
:wink: No I did not know about that. My nick is actually Japanese and not Hebrew. But hey, you learn something new everyday.

So since you didn't answer my question, I assume that you are not a Jew by heritage.
?? What do u mean? By blood?
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Farroc

Welcome. We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological diversity will be added to our own. Resistance is futile.
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

SvZurich

Yes Shin, he means genetically through your mother.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

SHIN KAIRI

Thx Zurich.

Yes I am, but I tend not to brag about it. Why do you want to know Jedster? :-s

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

SvZurich

You're welcome Shin.  Here in the US, the more liberal Jewish Synagogs tend to allow anyone who commits themselves to the faith to join.  This makes things a bit confusing when we hear "the Jewish race" and we know that the Hebrew race is not the same as the members of the Jewish faith.  Then we have Messianic Jews whom I consider to be Christians, as they claim to follow Jesus.

Not sure why Jed wants to know, but it can get downright confusing if you think it through.  

It's why I groan when I hear the Muslim race, and there is no such thing.  I can't be racist if I criticize Islam, because not every member of that faith is Arabic.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "SvZurich"You're welcome Shin.  Here in the US, the more liberal Jewish Synagogs tend to allow anyone who commits themselves to the faith to join.  This makes things a bit confusing when we hear "the Jewish race" and we know that the Hebrew race is not the same as the members of the Jewish faith.  Then we have Messianic Jews whom I consider to be Christians, as they claim to follow Jesus.

Not sure why Jed wants to know, but it can get downright confusing if you think it through.  

It's why I groan when I hear the Muslim race, and there is no such thing.  I can't be racist if I criticize Islam, because not every member of that faith is Arabic.
Well said.

Sleeper

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Hi.

Thought I'd come here, share a few things... 8-)

I'm a non-denominational commandment keeping christian. "Messianic Jew" for some... Same thing.

Eager to see what kind of people populate this forum.

Blessings
Welcome. A couple questions...

1 - If you're keeping the commandments why do you need Jesus? Isn't that statement a little like how the rich young ruler answered Jesus?

2 - You say you're non-denominational. Don't you think it's important to be credal and confessional, you know, to get the Bible right and worship with people who are of like mind? If not, why did the ancients take the time to be so specific (and yet still somehow so vague) about what you should do and believe? Why did the writers add in all the doctrine if it could be so easily tossed aside for the sake of ecumenical appeasement?
Because LaPlace still holds sway.

Davka

Hey, Shin - happy motze shabbat. Just read through the thread, I was very surprised that you were unaware of the Hebrew 'shin,' which is a letter in the alef-bet, written like so:

It's the first letter of "shalom" and "shabbat," and found on every mezuza, often along with a dalet and yod:

. . . where it is the first letter of the word "shaddai" (almighty) as well as standing for the phrase "shomer daletot Yisrael," or "guardian of the doors of Israel."

You're supposed to know this stuff. Nu, nu, nu!

Oddly, the second part of your nick also means something in Hebrew, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of the shin. "Ka'iri" means "like my city."

So, I take it you weren't raised Jewish in the religious sense?

Jedster

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Thx Zurich.

Yes I am, but I tend not to brag about it. Why do you want to know Jedster? :-s

Nothing  to do with race.

As I said earlier I have met many MJs who have never had any connection with Jews, either via conversion or being born into a Jewish family. These people use this deception to inveigle older and vulnerable Jews.
I just wanted to know if you are deceiver, which you are not in the sense I have stated.

Were you bat-mitzvad?

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Davka"Hey, Shin - happy motze shabbat. Just read through the thread, I was very surprised that you were unaware of the Hebrew 'shin,' which is a letter in the alef-bet, written like so:
[ Image ]

It's the first letter of "shalom" and "shabbat," and found on every mezuza, often along with a dalet and yod:
[ Image ]
. . . where it is the first letter of the word "shaddai" (almighty) as well as standing for the phrase "shomer daletot Yisrael," or "guardian of the doors of Israel."

You're supposed to know this stuff. Nu, nu, nu!

Oddly, the second part of your nick also means something in Hebrew, but it doesn't make any sense in the context of the shin. "Ka'iri" means "like my city."

So, I take it you weren't raised Jewish in the religious sense?
Oh that's the letter :shock:  Ok then, ofc I know that letter but I was just making the point that my nick had nothing to do with the hebrew letter.

No. I wasn't raised jewish at all. I was raised atheist. I had nothing to do with Israel until only a few years ago.

aitm

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"I was raised atheist. .

Highly unlikely
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

La Dolce Vita

Welcome. :)

What do you hope to gain from this forum?
Oh, and I see you were raised atheist, why did you happen to become a believer?

Davka

Ok, that makes more sense. So how did you become a Messianic Jew? Is Messianic Judaism your first real exploration of Judaism?

---

You asked how I came to rationalism. Short version: I studied the Bible, Biblical History, and Hebrew for many years. I also spent time talking to Biblical Archaeologists and reading as much information as I could get my hands on about the foundations of both Judaism and Christianity.

Early on, it became apparent that most pastors were merely repeating stuff they had heard from other that made them feel good. They didn't bother to research for themselves. One thing I found painfully common was misuse/abuse of the original Hebrew, in order to prove some point or another. Often the point had nothing to do with what the Bible actually says.

When I attempted to bring these mistakes to the attention of various pastors, I was not received with Christian love and joy. Rather, I was often chastised for daring to contradict "God's chosen leadership" or some similar nonsense. Still, this did not deter me from my faith - it merely made me aware that the Church is badly broken.

Over the years, I attempted to live a life of Radical Christianity, basing all of my decisions on a combination of Biblical precepts, Prayer, and Confirmation. I was willing to sell all my possessions, give to the poor, and follow Jesus. Many times I "stepped out in faith," trusting that God would take care of me, even as I made decisions that were foolhardy on the face of them. Eventually, I ended up living in Israel, with dual US & Israeli citizenship, studying Hebrew and attempting to support my family.

Oddly enough, even though I followed Biblical precepts as closely as I possibly could, the results were never as promised. After 7 years in Israel, I moved back to the USA and settled in the Bible Belt, coincidentally landing in the part of the country with the highest percentage of Christians per-capita. It was there, after 6 years of searching for a church that actually taught the Bible, that I came to a startling conclusion one day: there is no god.

At first it scared me and confused me. For 18 years I had followed the Bible, convinced that the emotions I was experiencing were divine in origin. But the more I studied and sacrificed, the more it became apparent that NONE of the promises in the Bible actually come to pass when you try to live that way. What's more, the world does not know Christians by their love for one-another, or by anything else, except perhaps bigotry and intolerance. Christians are no different from anyone else, even though Jesus supposedly said that they would stand out dramatically.

What I have learned is this: The Bible contradicts itself, and is clearly a man-made collection of writings. The physical evidence in Israel does not line up with the Bible. The Church is not what the Bible says it is. Following the precepts of "god" in the Bible does not lead to the outcomes promised in the Bible. Most believers are painfully ignorant of what their own faith teaches, and even those who are aware do not order their lives according to Biblical Christianity. "God" is a construct of the human mind, and every supposed evidence of god turns out to be confirmation bias, coincidence, or just plain wrong.

That's a short synopsis of nearly 20 years of my life. The long version would take a book or three.

Davka

Quote from: "aitm"
Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"I was raised atheist. .

Highly unlikely
Why?

The founders of the State of Israel were atheist Jews. Jews in Europe have been at the leading edge of the atheist movement for over a century. Half of the Jews in North America self-identify as atheist or agnostic. Why would you expect that someone raised in a Jewish family in France would be any different?

aitm

Because atheism is not a school, nor a philosophy, or a religion. It is possible he was brought up in a non-religious household but highly unlikely he was raised "to be an atheist". Most atheists are intelligent enough to understand science enough that their children would likewise have SOME intelligence to the point where reading a book completely devoid of common sense, reason or morality would set off the koo-koo alarm.

This one embraces it like he grew up brainwashed, which is what I suspect happened, or he has an ailment of another type. Reasonable inspection of the babble is all that is necessary for reasonable people to reject it. His blog reads like a cut and paste of everything he was brainwashed into. I doubt he could find his way out of a single room bathroom without a sign.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust