News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi. I'm SHIN

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 15, 2013, 02:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseagainstfaith

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Eager to see what kind of people populate this forum.

Some words of warning.  Believers do not last in this forum too long usually.  If you make a claim with think is bullshit, we will tell  you it is bullshit.  If we don't like you -- and we tend to not like many theists -- we will tell you.  So, good luck.  You'll need it.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

Teaspoon Shallow

Hi and welcome Shin.

I dare say we share more common ground that one would expect.  Only difference between a theist and an atheist IMO is the how easily one believes claims.

Enjoy your time.

antediluvian

Welcome.
What is it you intend to share?
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

stromboli

Jedster

Hi Shin and welcome,

I suppose you know that the the Hebrew word 'shin' means  tooth.

Out of interest are you a Jew by heritage or one those Messianics who are 'Jews in spirit'?

I ask because I have met Messianic Jews several times, here in the UK, who turned out not be of Jewish heritage at all. I have also been to a Friday night service where the pastor insisted I proclaim"Jesus is Lord!" before he would speak to me.

Enjoy the forum

Jedster

Youssuf Ramadan

Welcome, infidel.   :-D

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"
Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Eager to see what kind of people populate this forum.

Some words of warning.  Believers do not last in this forum too long usually.  If you make a claim with think is bullshit, we will tell  you it is bullshit.  If we don't like you -- and we tend to not like many theists -- we will tell you.  So, good luck.  You'll need it.
LOL, this is just like any other atheist forum out there. Don't see where it is less welcoming... :-k
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

_Xenu_

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Hi.

Thought I'd come here, share a few things... 8-)

I'm a non-denominational commandment keeping christian. "Messianic Jew" for some... Same thing.

Eager to see what kind of people populate this forum.

Blessings
Welcome. What brings you here?
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Jedster"I suppose you know that the the Hebrew word 'shin' means  tooth.

Jedster
:wink: No I did not know about that. My nick is actually Japanese and not Hebrew. But hey, you learn something new everyday.

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Youssuf Ramadan"Welcome, infidel.   :-D
:-D

"Good evening Achmed."

"Good evening... infidel..."

haha priceless.

SGOS

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"
Quote from: "Davka"Hey, Shin, welcome to the monkey house!

I'm a former Messianic Believer, married into an Israeli family. I even lived over there for a number of years, studying Hebrew (among other
 things). I will gladly counter your every claim and belief with embarrassing facts and annoying opinions. You have but to ask.
 8-)
Interesting. Did you by any chance write a testimony on this forum? I am curious to see what made you lose faith.
Testimony is a funny word.  I usually think of it as offering some kind of evidence, as in a legal hearing, so I wouldn't say I've ever offered my testimony here.  I have none to give; No testimony.  No evidence.  I struggled with that most of my life.  Where is the credible evidence for a god?  There is none, at least none that anyone has ever given.  

Eventually, I decided it wasn't worth searching for anymore.  I'm not smart enough to provide what no one else has been able to produce.  So for most of my life, I called myself an agnostic.

Then one day, I did a little soul searching and asked myself if I believed in a god (a much different thing than realizing there is no evidence), and had to admit that I did not.  That was the day I realized I was an atheist.  I have probably been an atheist most of my life, but for most of that time, I didn't have the courage to admit it.

I really didn't lose faith as your question asks.  I just never had any, except maybe when I was a small child.  But that wasn't really faith either.  It was just believing in something my family told me was true.  Faith is an act of believing in something for no credible reason.  Like it or not, that's the definition of "faith", and without having a debate about semantics, that makes an act of faith a rather pitiful reason to believe in something.

AllPurposeAtheist

Welcome I guess.. I'm not in grumpy, whiney old bastard mode now so I'll be nice if I fucking have to..
Atheist most my adult life, but if it makes anyone feel better I kind of like Fiddler on the Roof.. The cow always gets me right there. --> ?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mermaid

Hey, Shin. Atheist here.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Jedster

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"
Quote from: "Jedster"I suppose you know that the the Hebrew word 'shin' means  tooth.

Jedster
:wink: No I did not know about that. My nick is actually Japanese and not Hebrew. But hey, you learn something new everyday.

So since you didn't answer my question, I assume that you are not a Jew by heritage.