News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hi. I'm SHIN

Started by SHIN KAIRI, March 15, 2013, 02:04:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHIN KAIRI

Hi.

Thought I'd come here, share a few things... 8-)

I'm a non-denominational commandment keeping christian. "Messianic Jew" for some... Same thing.

Eager to see what kind of people populate this forum.

Blessings
Presuppositionalism wins everytime.

This will guide you to The Light ]http://shinkairi.blogspot.com/[/url]

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Jason78

It's mostly populated with atheists.

Welcome to the forum.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Plu

Welcome aboard. Most people here keep the commandments worth keeping and ignore the rest :)

We're like that, scrounging stuff that works wherever we can find it.

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Plu"Welcome aboard. Most people here keep the commandments worth keeping and ignore the rest :)

We're like that, scrounging stuff that works wherever we can find it.
Thx for the honesty.

Isaiah 55:9 "As high as the sky is above the earth are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."

Plu

It's nothing to be ashamed of, it's the way of progress :)

the_antithesis

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Eager to see what kind of people populate this forum.

SHIN KAIRI

Brian37

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Hi.

Thought I'd come here, share a few things... 8-)

I'm a non-denominational commandment keeping christian. "Messianic Jew" for some... Same thing.

Eager to see what kind of people populate this forum.

Blessings

Welcome, but be warned, this is not Mr Roger's Neighborhood. We will knock your claims around.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Jmpty

Welcome Shin, my fellow unbeliever. What, you say, me, an unbeliever? We are all unbelievers, my friend. We just believe in one less god than you do.
???  ??

Brian37

Quote from: "the_antithesis"
Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"Eager to see what kind of people populate this forum.

[ Image ]

No, not at all, if you make a bullshit claim I don't see the problem with using the word "bullshit".

For example,

Claimant "The New York Yankees won the Superbowl this year"

Skeptic, "Bullshit, first that isn't even the right sport, secondly the Baltimore Ravens won the Superbowl"

Claimant "WHY WONT YOU LET ME BELIEVE THE YANKEES WON?"

Skeptic, "Because it is fucking nuts to believe that after I told you the facts".

Claimant, "YOU HATE ME"

Now, if someone is that obtuse, how long should we be polite before we tell them to fuck off?

Don't mistake bluntness and ridicule with immaturity. I think it is immature to expect others to coddle your own insecurities because you get offended.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Davka

Hey, Shin, welcome to the monkey house!

I'm a former Messianic Believer, married into an Israeli family. I even lived over there for a number of years, studying Hebrew (among other things). I will gladly counter your every claim and belief with embarrassing facts and annoying opinions. You have but to ask.

8-)

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Davka"Hey, Shin, welcome to the monkey house!

I'm a former Messianic Believer, married into an Israeli family. I even lived over there for a number of years, studying Hebrew (among other things). I will gladly counter your every claim and belief with embarrassing facts and annoying opinions. You have but to ask.

8-)
Interesting. Did you by any chance write a testimony on this forum? I am curious to see what made you lose faith.

Davka

Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"

8-)
Interesting. Did you by any chance write a testimony on this forum? I am curious to see what made you lose faith.
No, I haven't written a testimony here. I'd be happy to go over the reasons that I found rationalism, but not right now - I'm pretty tired out from work, and besides it's nearly erev shabbat. I no longer believe, but I do see value in some traditions.

SHIN KAIRI

Quote from: "Davka"
Quote from: "SHIN KAIRI"

8-)
No, I haven't written a testimony here. I'd be happy to go over the reasons that I found rationalism, but not right now - I'm pretty tired out from work, and besides it's nearly erev shabbat. I no longer believe, but I do see value in some traditions.
Haha fair enough.

SvZurich

Welcome Shin!  :)
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.