News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The new guy

Started by BeefStew, March 15, 2013, 11:49:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeefStew

Hi hi. I'm the new guy here. It's weird. I live upstate ny and there are still so many people that are religious here. I almost feel like I live in the bible belt.

stromboli

Welcome. Whereabouts "upstate"? I spent time in Rochester and Corning and other places when in the Navy.
Beautiful state, loved it.

WitchSabrina

*waves*   Hello NewGuy!  Welcome. 8-)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

BeefStew

Thank you both. I'm from Endicott. About a 2 minute drive from binghamton.
You were in the navy? I spent 4 years in the army.

the_antithesis

Endicott is upstate?

Actually, I guess anything two inches north of New York City is considered "upstate," isn't it. Tell people in NYC you're from upstate and they go, "You mean Yonkers?"

Pricks.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

Quote from: "the_antithesis"Actually, I guess anything two inches north of New York City is considered "upstate," isn't it.
Pretty much.  :)
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

the_antithesis

Quote from: "blackbear89"3

Oh, good. Another newbie completely missing the point of the ten-posts-before-you-can-start-new-threads rule.

Brian37

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission, and rip the tags off your mattress.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Farroc

:borg:  :borg:  :borg: We are the Borg. You will be assimilated. Your biological and technological diversity will be added to our own. Resistance is futile. :borg:  :borg:  :borg:
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks