Gamergate and the great world wide web war.

Started by mauricio, October 07, 2015, 09:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 08, 2015, 01:41:39 PM
LOL@ the thread.

I love Sarkeesian hurt boys. That woman is really getting to people. :lol:

Anita has been shown to be a compulsive liar, a media whore, and a rabble-rouser. she pretty much spins half truths or even full truths into an agenda she can use for her own. She doesn't play video games but makes jaring remarks about them being sexist or misogynistic, without even picking up a controller.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afgtd8ZsXzI

She makes shit up for attention and to market off of it.

DS, this is what surprises me though. Most gamers know she's a lying, conniving attention seeker who just wants to pocket off of what she does. She has all the hallmarks of a religious figurehead, someone who stands in front of a crowd of people, yelling a persecution complex, and gets peoples money from it.

Remind you of someone?

You are smarter then this to believe the shit Sarkeesian touts, using half truths to get attention.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Hydra009

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 08, 2015, 02:26:10 PM
She's a bitch, always has been a bitch and is still a bitch tomorrow. She's just a loud bitch.

Maybe she needs to get laid
That's sexist, Grinning.  Everyone knows that cisgendered sex and its reported influence on mood is a misogynist myth perpetrated by the patriarchy.  Check your privilege.

Hydra009

Quote from: Munch on October 08, 2015, 02:42:44 PMMost gamers know she's a lying, conniving attention seeker who just wants to pocket off of what she does. She has all the hallmarks of a religious figurehead, someone who stands in front of a crowd of people, yelling a persecution complex, and gets peoples money from it.
Plus, she's a console peasant, which is equally bad, imho.  :P

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 08, 2015, 02:46:21 PM
Plus, she's a console peasant, which is equally bad, imho.  :P

The one that made me laugh the most was the story from the drunken peasents, where its head guy Ben was at a board game store for an event, not knowing Anita would be there, and then when she showed up he decided to take a picture just to show people she was there, resulting in her accusing him of harassing her.

http://theralphretort.com/anita-flips-out-over-someone-taking-her-picture-4013015/

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 08, 2015, 02:45:21 PM
That's sexist, Grinning.  Everyone knows that cisgendered sex and its reported influence on mood is a misogynist myth perpetrated by the patriarchy.  Check your privilege.

Shhh the peasants aren't supposed to know, you saw how bad it was when the serfs got the ability to read
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

drunkenshoe

I actually don't give a damn what Anita Sarkeesian says. What she is saying does not belong to her as an idea and has been researched and still are. And no she doesn't remind me Kim Davis.

You are also describing EVERY celebrity, public figure, politician that decideds for out futures and lives.

My problem is the masive hatred shown, death and rape threats thrown to some woman who is expressing her opinions about something. I don't care what it is. Again, this subject DOES NOT BELONG TO HER. I wrote this several times in last 3 years.

And most people do not hate her because what kind of a person they believe she is, BUT just because they hate what she is saying about their video games. This is fucking ridiculous. She doesn't have to pick a controller or even play one game all her life. She has a right to rant or get loud about something she doesn't like. Like we do here all the time.

We spend our time here about how getting offended by opinions is a religious thing in nature, how primitive and disgusting it is. That woman is HATED because she COMMITED BLASPHEMY to the male gaming society.

So hate her guts, do whatever you want, BUT please see it as what it is.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on October 08, 2015, 02:21:15 PM
I never seen anything more silly that gmaergate. I just can't understand why some take it so seriously as if it was important. This is their issue! Not economic injustice, not starving kids or war but fucking videogames!

I love video games very much, but I agree with you.

QuoteAnd this all started with some geek getting all butthurt over his ex-girlfriend dating other people. This shit was ridiculous right from the beginning and it keeps getting more stupid and stupid has time goes on.

Seriously? LOOL. So this could even be made in to some movie?

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 08, 2015, 03:08:26 PM
I actually don't give a damn what Anita Sarkeesian says. What she is saying does not belong to her as an idea and has been researched and still are. And no she doesn't remind me Kim Davis.

You are also describing EVERY celebrity, public figure, politician that decideds for out futures and lives.

My problem is the masive hatred shown, death and rape threats thrown to some woman who is expressing her opinions about something. I don't care what it is. Again, this subject DOES NOT BELONG TO HER. I wrote this several times in last 3 years.

And most people do not hate her because what kind of a person they believe she is, BUT just because they hate what she is saying about their video games. This is fucking ridiculous. She doesn't have to pick a controller or even play one game all her life. She has a right to rant or get loud about something she doesn't like. Like we do here all the time.

We spend our time here about how getting offended by opinions is a religious thing in nature, how primitive and disgusting it is. That woman is HATED because she COMMITED BLASPHEMY to the male gaming society.

So hate her guts, do whatever you want, BUT please see it as what it is.

Shoezie I understand and respect people's right to stand for what they believe in, you know that. You and I have argued and agreed on that. What I don't like is always being vilified for what I am. I'm a white guy and I get flak for that, I'm an atheist and I get death threats for that, I'm bi and I'm hated for that, I'm male and I'm hates for that, I'm American and I'm hated for that. That's what I deal with on a daily basis

Not to mention I'm a brony, I'm a hockey fan, I'm of German descent, my birthday is on hitlers birthday. And I'm not the most attractive guy in the world

I'm a gamer, it keeps me happy, it makes me sane. Ifs what I use to keep my depression and shit in check. I can drift into a story or strategy or another world for a while and be happy because I'm not dealing with all that shit.

Sarkesian attacked my hobby and my lifestyle with reckless abandon and refuses to even admit that men are sexualized too, focusing on only the "mislgynistic and sexist video game industry"

You're damn right I hate her, you're damn right I would punch her in the face. Because like countless others she attacked me for being what I am, and attacked the one thing that always makes me happy. So fuck her and her cohorts. And fuck the people who fan the flames of her anger. Because she was in the wrong with how she did things, because I'd she was attsxk sexualixation she shouldn't have segregated it like she did

But she did, and that's how it started

So please don't think I'm attackinf you or feminism, I'm attacking the fact that I'm attacked very day for having a dick and balls while being white geeky atheistic and bi. I will not allow being a gamer to be added to that list
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

mauricio

Quote from: hrdlr110 on October 08, 2015, 09:03:43 AM
Sounds interesting, sort of. I'm not a gamer, but still surprised I'm only hearing about this now. Will they make a movie about it one day?

Law and order SVU made a hilarious episode "ripped from the headlines" about it , that basically compounded all the hyperbolic and sensationalist headlines of the hitpieces done on GG. The episode ended being so ridiculous no one took it seriously, but it sure is funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEg7qjFcGXw

Munch

Ranting about something is one thing, but lying about it, spinning it as truth, and getting countless sheeple to follow her is dangerous, as it would be with religion, something I know you agree is a problem when it comes to people on mass.

She doesn't just rant, I've seen ranting on youtube all the time, she stirs the pot and gets people to follow her on those lies she spins. That might have been a non issue, if she wasn't bleeding money from clueless sheeple, and speaking at the UN as if she has a clue about the world around her, using the lies she used to get to that position that allowed her to be there.

Just because a few psychoic gamers throw death threats at her doesn't mean that is any kind of standard, yet she's the one spinning all gamers in that same light because of those few that did, and using that as her front for attacking a genre she doesn't even give a shit about. So many active gaming feminists themselves have come forward and said she's full of shit.

http://actually-disabled.tumblr.com/post/104393128244/im-a-female-gamer-and-this-is-why-i-hate-anita

I would ask you to see her for what she is. I'm well aware of the overly aggressive nature of some gamers, both male and female, in the genre. But as a gay man, I have never once called for the genre to be broken apart and made from the ground up again to combat prejudice against gay gamers.
And plus, I actually play games, unlike Anita.

mauricio

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 08, 2015, 09:48:05 AM
I love video games.  I love sports, especially baseball.  And that is why I don't give a rat's fart about gamer gate--or steroids use baseball.  Give me my Fallout 4--I don't give a shit about the inner politics of how this was produced.  I know that that kind of crap goes on everywhere, everywhen.  I've seen it and lived it too often.  Now, let me play my game----I block all that other shit. 

In baseball cheating has been going on from the beginning.  It will never end.  Pro players play to win--and whatever enhances that is used.  I don't want to study in detail who used what and how.  Just not interested.  Did A. Rod use PED's?  Don't give a shit.  He was an all time great player and I liked to watch him play.   

Gamergate is more about people claiming there's a sexism problem in the gaming community (and that we don't want woman in our boys club hur dur) without evidence, and saying how running over hookers in GTA makes you more sexist. This people are useful idiots for the politicians and the like to push censorious policy, recently anita sarkeesian and zoe quinn went to the UN to whine about cyberviolence (including things like calling her a liar and that she sucked) asking for systemic changes to deal with this "issue".

Munch

Quote from: mauricio on October 08, 2015, 03:27:41 PM
Gamergate is more about people claiming there's a sexism problem in the gaming community (and that we don't want woman in our boys club hur dur) without evidence, and saying how running over hookers in GTA makes you more sexist. This people are useful idiots for the politicians and the like to push censorious policy, recently anita sarkeesian and zoe quinn went to the UN to whine about cyberviolence (including things like calling her a liar and that she sucked) asking for systemic changes to deal with this "issue".

When the fact you can run over anyone in GTA, and all anita focuses on is the women you run over, I should feel vilified because she doesn't acknowledge my sex as being a victim, now i'm going to go cry in the corner while eating icecream. Fuck you Anita you made me fat!

but yeah, seriously, she's using spin in an attempt to gain focus and attention for something she doesn't want to even discuss with people, she just wants the world to change for her without listening to anyone.

mauricio

Quote from: Munch on October 08, 2015, 03:30:37 PM

But yeah, seriously, she's using spin in an attempt to gain focus and attention for something she doesn't want to even discuss with people, she just wants the world to change for her without listening to anyone.

Yeah that fact that she refuses to respond to any valid criticism and always disables comments and ratings on her videos is pretty telling, same strategy as some creationists youtubers.

listen and believe indeed.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: GrinningYMIR on October 08, 2015, 03:17:17 PM
Shoezie I understand and respect people's right to stand for what they believe in, you know that. You and I have argued and agreed on that. What I don't like is always being vilified for what I am. I'm a white guy and I get flak for that, I'm an atheist and I get death threats for that, I'm bi and I'm hated for that, I'm male and I'm hates for that, I'm American and I'm hated for that. That's what I deal with on a daily basis

Not to mention I'm a brony, I'm a hockey fan, I'm of German descent, my birthday is on hitlers birthday. And I'm not the most attractive guy in the world

I'm a gamer, it keeps me happy, it makes me sane. Ifs what I use to keep my depression and shit in check. I can drift into a story or strategy or another world for a while and be happy because I'm not dealing with all that shit.

Sarkesian attacked my hobby and my lifestyle with reckless abandon and refuses to even admit that men are sexualized too, focusing on only the "mislgynistic and sexist video game industry"

You're damn right I hate her, you're damn right I would punch her in the face. Because like countless others she attacked me for being what I am, and attacked the one thing that always makes me happy. So fuck her and her cohorts. And fuck the people who fan the flames of her anger. Because she was in the wrong with how she did things, because I'd she was attsxk sexualixation she shouldn't have segregated it like she did

But she did, and that's how it started

So please don't think I'm attackinf you or feminism, I'm attacking the fact that I'm attacked very day for having a dick and balls while being white geeky atheistic and bi. I will not allow being a gamer to be added to that list

I don't think you are attacking me. I don't think you are attacking feminism. But attack it all you want. It's your right and opinion. And mine are mine. Just please don't get annoyed with me when I respond to it. Get annoyed with the AF poster. That is my problem writing to you here. We have a weird relationship, lol.

What I think about that rest you wrote is something else. I worry about you. Because I know first hand that hate, anger and frustration that will harm you. Badly. Do you think I don't understand what you are saying? This is one of the place many people would get you. We are all in the same situation in different ways.

Well, this is not a good place to talk about all this. All I want to say is, you are percieving everything in a heightened way and make a big deal ot of it. And it is not as bad it seems with your identity or situation. You need to keep it light kiddo. Keep it light and real. It's not worth it, trust me.

GrinningYMIR

I live in a world where every word is taken and twisted and I have to fight all the time, I'm sorry if it seems like I take things too far and I know I do. It's just weird

We do but I like us where we are, weird little family