Doritos attacked: Mike Huckabee boycotts makers of ‘anti-Christian Crisps'

Started by Cocoa Beware, October 06, 2015, 12:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocoa Beware

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/doritos-attacked-republican-hopeful-mike-huckabee-boycotts-makers-of-anti-christian-crisps-a6680806.html

QuoteEager to distinguish himself from his rivals in the GOP presidential field, former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee has opened a new front in the culture wars: a bag of toasted corn tortilla chips.

Mr Huckabee recently wrote an open letter to snack food giant Frito-Lay, to complain about its latest out-there flavour of Doritos. But his concern was not for, say, childhood obesity. Instead, he was protesting the company’s partnership with the It Gets Better project, which seeks to combat anti-LGBT bullying among young people.

Last month, Frito-Lay offered to send a bag of rainbow-coloured Doritos to anyone who donated $10 (£6.59) or more to the initiative. The firm’s marketing chief, Ram Krishnan, said the multi-hued comestibles demonstrated Frito-Lay’s “commitment toward equal rights for the LGBT community”.

Yet Mr Huckabee took issue with the scheme because, he said, the man who originated the It Gets Better project â€" sex columnist, podcaster and gay rights activist Dan Savage â€" had made “hateful and vulgar comments towards Christians.”

Mr Savage is known for his biting criticism of gay rights opponents, particularly those on the Christian Right and in the Republican Party. Mr Huckabee, a critic of same-sex marriage and an ordained Christian minister, wrote in the letter, dated 23 September: “It is beyond me to understand how a responsible corporation would think that partnering with someone who spews the vicious vitriol that Savage does would be worthy of your corporate contributions.”

Apparently unruffled, Frito-Lay continued the partnership, and the rainbow Doritos proved so popular that they sold out. Mr Huckabee has since joined forces with the American Renewal Project (ARP), a lobbying group of evangelical pastors, to demand a boycott of all snacks made by the company, which include not only Doritos, but also Cheetos, Fritos and Tostitos.

They don't look very appealing to me, but I suppose its just food coloring and they taste just fine...

Doritos played this one well, its a rather poetic gesture.

TomFoolery

There are way too many companies that support the LGBT community for boycotts to be effective. Pretty soon fundies would be reduced to eating exclusively Chic-fil-a and shopping at Hobby Lobby.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Baruch

Good ... compared to how snack foods used to be a generation ago, the present snack foods are like puffed rice snacks.  Best for everyone to avoid them altogether, plus they cost too much.  If you have to have a good snack food, one that is bad for you, you will have to make your own at home.  Screw Fritos etc ... but not because of their support of gay rights.  Progressives will recoil in horror, at the notion of going back to the Stone Age ... and not eating whatever zero food value Star Trek food our masters choose to foist on us.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

AllPurposeAtheist

Last check no food company is able to force anyone to buy or eat their products. If you don't like them for whatever reason from taste to nutrition to corporate policies it's pretty simple. Don't buy them.
I don't eat them just because I have dentures and they're tough to chew for me, but if anyone else loves or hates them it's no skin off my ass.
Huckabee can simply go fuck himself and I seriously doubt that Fritolay is going to suffer irreperable damages just because a handful of silly ass fundies are boycotting them.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Munch

American christians right now are of this mind frame that any progressive rights in favor of gay rights, is an attack on their religious freedoms. They have been doing this for ages of course, but right now in this time when gay rights are actually going somewhere, the nutjobs, like Fuck'a'bee, are screaming even more, because laws are being put in place preventing their bigotry being tolerated.

I honestly would like to see a psychological evaluation of these kinds of people, what ticks in their minds that they consider progressive rights for a minority like an attack on themselves. These fuckers needs to be put in wards and studied, not out in public.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

They really need to boycott air and stop consuming it because I'm pretty sure that you gayz use it too. I bet you even drink and bath in water.  They should definitely steer clear of that too.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hydra009

The Drunken Peasants played a clip of a some conservative NWO guy having a meltdown over the rainbow doritos chips.  It was great.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 06, 2015, 02:37:59 PM
The Drunken Peasants played a clip of a some conservative NWO guy having a meltdown over the rainbow doritos chips.  It was great.

yep saw that, the LGBT agenda!

Baruch

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on October 06, 2015, 01:25:48 PM
Last check no food company is able to force anyone to buy or eat their products. If you don't like them for whatever reason from taste to nutrition to corporate policies it's pretty simple. Don't buy them.
I don't eat them just because I have dentures and they're tough to chew for me, but if anyone else loves or hates them it's no skin off my ass.
Huckabee can simply go fuck himself and I seriously doubt that Fritolay is going to suffer irreperable damages just because a handful of silly ass fundies are boycotting them.

Obamacare ... thanks Humana, Aetna etc.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Termin

If you make snacks , you don't really want to piss of christians

Anyone remember

Florida Woman Finds Goldfish Cracker with a 'Cross' and 'Crown'; Claims It's a Sign from God
http://gawker.com/5993845/florida-woman-finds-goldfish-cracker-with-a-cross-and-crown-claims-its-a-sign-from-god

QuoteAnd she would know: The Melbourne, Florida, woman admitted to consuming up to three pounds of Goldfish crackers in a single week.

Seems to me they are your best customers. :)
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

NakedTracyBlack

"It's my religious right to bully gay people!  It's also my religious right for you not to bully me!"

Screw you and your stupid religion Huckabee.  You're an Anti-Gay tyrant who the world would be better off without.

Munch

Quote from: NakedTracyBlack on October 09, 2015, 11:51:02 AM
"It's my religious right to bully gay people!  It's also my religious right for you not to bully me!"

Screw you and your stupid religion Huckabee.  You're an Anti-Gay tyrant who the world would be better off without.

given the current donkey show the republican candidates have, the strangest thing is that Trump is the most 'likable' one of the bunch, after seeing all the others.