Female Pedophile Gets Off Scott-Free, or: "It's only rape when men do it."

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, October 05, 2015, 10:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on October 06, 2015, 12:59:03 AM
They being said, you do not necessarily have to be respectful with how you answer. I wss less than so in my initial post in this thread. Just keep the ad hominem to a minimum.  I can call the idea moronic without calling the person that.
^
This.

Hijiri Byakuren

Okay, so fortunately my phone died before I dug a deeper hole for myself and... wow, I need to stay far away from the internet when I'm angry, I'm really sorry for that outburst. Deepest apologies to Pickle and APA for letting my anger get the better of me like that.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

Wow, the joints a rockin'. Like the good old days. Even got a mod giving warnings. This is more like it.

And don't forget the lawyers. Hers was better than theirs.

drunkenshoe

It's disgusting. She should have been sentenced to prison.

It's a very god demonstration of the levels of inequality and how the patriarchal system handles genders according to its primitive norms.

I wrote about -roughly- how  both genders benefit from these norms a month ago in a post (to dtq); including this in the female column. This is not just something with sex crimes, people mostly notice it with those crimes which is another  indicator how does this bullshit actually works and that the system actually is based on biblical understanding alone.

Patriarchal norms define the male gender as the original perpetrator according to his primitive function. Hence he is  the potential murderers, rapists...etc. So much that for a long time, they didn't even acknowledge that there would be female psychopaths or serial killers until pretty recent in history.

How does that primitive system work or what is that primitive function ? To provide some order in society which is based on building block called nuclear family: man provides, protects, takes care of -including the clan, the tribe then the country- he is disposable as the last line of protection, because the civilisation depends on survival of women and children from wild animals and other humans. Therefore the male owns the family; women and children.

That picture looks funny and absurd doesn't it? It is funny to most of us -at least to me- because we have very different ways of existences and families don't work that way. Lgbtq families...So on.

However, all the social norms and cultural codes, laws, regulations work based on that principle of the protection of that building block; the nuclear family. There is no other game. As a result  gender norms maintain that primitive set of codes even though things changed a lot.

And as that patriarchal system is based on vindictive vicious  religious bullshit it has a twisted, corrupted kind of balance. The event in the OP is a result of that perverted balance.

Women do not get the same punishment with men in a lot of examples, because they are not men; not regarded as the standard human. And that is one of the benefits bestowed on them by patriarchal system which defines human with heterosexual men. This is not something about what an individual believes in. It is a main category of human culture. Everything around us from society, every day survival to the state-religion-nation is designed according to that because its functional and beneficial.

II

Another note: If the kid was a girl and the perpetrator was a 20 year old man his life would ruin completely in and after prison. Every body would be outrageous and that doesn't change if we go back decades,  centuries, or even thousands of years. Doesn't matter if she is 11 or 17 or something in between.

But just a few decades ago that boy was regarded as just 'got lucky' and 'started very early'. By men. And the age 11 probably causes more sensible outrage, but how about the boys a few years older in the same situation? 15, 16...etc. what is the outcome as opposed to the girls of  the same age in the same situation? Completely different.

Why? Because boys are seen as 'legitimate' participants in sexual acts as a result of being male; the standard the standard human norm -the perpetrator according to the patriarchal system-  while girls are seen just as 'victims' because they are females as if they are different at age 15 with their raging hormones. Or as if they are even different at all as adults.

Double standard starts in defining the gender norms. It doesn't suddenly pop up when a crime is committed.

When it comes to attributes of male gender celebrated by almost all het men and women that how they are different physically, biologically wired, mechanical: 'natural' consequences of testesteron  -bullshit- as opposed to weak females everything is fine, but when that patriarchal bullshit turns around and stabs back with its disgusting perverted sense of balance it is outrageous as if this is some sort of a conspiracy against boys and men. It should make people angry because its double standard starts with at both sides, but not just here with a woman getting away with a crime.

Yeah well, both genders need to learn that they cannot get equal in every sense, keep their bullshit privileges and eat their cake too. (Did I use that phrase correctly?) It doesn't work that way, because system doesn't -cannot- allow that to work and nobody is out of it, doesn't matter which  corner of the planet you were born.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: stromboli on October 06, 2015, 01:55:17 AM
And don't forget the lawyers. Hers was better than theirs.
Yeah. The babysitter's laywer must be some sort of genius with words if she got off so easy.

It's a shame to think about how traumatized the kid might be and the mental repercussions he might face just because it happened... not to mention how his babysitter didn't even have the proper action taken against her.

FaithIsFilth

I am a male, but I have no issue with there being a double standard and with a woman getting less jail time. There is a double standard for a reason. A man abusing a child will usually be much more strong and powerful than a woman abusing a child. There's a good chance the 11 year old boy in this case could have overpowered his abuser. The woman still should have gotten jail time though. Not as much as a man would get, but still jail time. If the woman had raped a 7 year old girl rather than an 11 year old boy, then yeah, give her the jail time that a man would get. In this case though? No. Don't give her the time that a man would get for raping an 11 year old boy. It's just not the same situation.

stromboli

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on October 06, 2015, 11:03:28 AM
I am a male, but I have no issue with there being a double standard and with a woman getting less jail time. There is a double standard for a reason. A man abusing a child will usually be much more strong and powerful than a woman abusing a child. There's a good chance the 11 year old boy in this case could have overpowered his abuser. The woman still should have gotten jail time though. Not as much as a man would get, but still jail time. If the woman had raped a 7 year old girl rather than an 11 year old boy, then yeah, give her the jail time that a man would get. In this case though? No. Don't give her the time that a man would get for raping an 11 year old boy. It's just not the same situation.

There is also the fact of the babysitter being of diminished capacity, apparently. And the father knew the babysitter beforehand and had some sort of affair with her. The question is whether punishment serves to fix a situation or be ultimately damaging to both parties. I'm not judgmental by nature, so it is not my place to put myself in the judge's shoes. The bad part is how it affects the boy. That we will never know.

drunkenshoe

I am a male, but I have no issue with there being a double standard and with a woman getting less jail time.

Double standards are not cut out seperate things tbat happens with gender issues. They all have their parallels. And at some point it gets back at everyone one way or another. That's why they're called double standards. In the end someone suffers. Inequality. And in these subjects it is usually a life ruining one.

QuoteThere is a double standard for a reason. A man abusing a child will usually be much more strong and powerful than a woman abusing a child.

This is so wrong, I wouldn't know where to begin with.

You are basically saying,

- males should be punished more severely because they are males
-because they are  physically stronger
-because they have penises and having sex by penetrating someone which some how counts as more sexual assault than any other.

QuoteThere's a good chance the 11 year old boy in this case could have overpowered his abuser.

Really? Why because he is a male? Then it would be a different type of news.

QuoteThe woman still should have gotten jail time though.

No kidding.  However, not if she was assaulted. Choose one.

QuoteNot as much as a man would get, but still jail time. If the woman had raped a 7 year old girl rather than an 11 year old boy, then yeah, give her the jail time that a man would get. In this case though? No. Don't give her the time that a man would get for raping an 11 year old boy. It's just not the same situation.

How is that you can even say that what sexual assault is what kind of a situation for  what victim.

Why you are giving an example of a 7 year old girl being raped by a woman to this case? Being 11 is not child enough? Or being male excludes someone from being a rape victim when raped by a female?

Over all, your post is about the idea that for sexual assault to be rape there sbould be penetration by a penis and perpetrator should be male.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

aitm

QuoteRoss said Hatt “clearly doesn’t operate at the level of a 20-year-old” and was honest with the police about what had taken place.

I am going to let the judge have a pass. Clearly he saw something that we cannot, with what little info we got.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

FaithIsFilth

Quote from: drunkenshoe on October 06, 2015, 12:24:05 PM
Double standards are not cut out seperate things tbat happens with gender issues. They all have their parallels. And at some point it gets back at everyone one way or another. That's why they're called double standards. In the end someone suffers. Inequality. And in these subjects it is usually a life ruining one.

This is so wrong, I wouldn't know where to begin with.

You are basically saying,

- males should be punished more severely because they are males
Yep. That's right. Men and women are not made equal by Mother Nature. We are different. If a male knocks a woman down, he's going to get more punishment than if a woman knocks another woman down. The man is more of a threat. In my opinion, we shouldn't just ignore that in the interest of fairness. Life is not always fair. Women are better at raising children on average, so they win out most of the time in court cases. Is that fair to men? No, but life is not fair. It isn't realistic to say that a judge is going to look at two parties without any type of bias going into it. How would he decide who to give the kid to most of the time if neither of them had anything bad in their records or looked bad? In my opinion, since women are better at raising kids on average, it makes sense that the woman gets the kid most of the time.

As far as statutory rape goes, I think it should be looked at case by case. I don't know why you claimed I don't think this was rape. I wrote in my post that this woman did rape the 11 year old boy. I like your posts usually, but I don't know why you would think I think rape is ok if I didn't say it. I pointed out that I disagree with the sentencing. I have no problem with the opinion that women should get more time. Give both women and men more time for these kinds of disgusting acts, but don't treat them equally just because.

Does a rape by a woman harm a boy less than a rape by a male harms a girl long term? I'm no expert, but I would think so. For one, the boy is probably not going to be looking over his shoulder, worried his whole life that he's going to be attacked and raped by a woman, or tricked into going somewhere to have sex with a woman. A female rape victim on the other hand, may live most of the rest of her life in terror, not knowing what could happen with so many people around more powerful than her.

mauricio

Then you don't understand what a double standard means. It would mean the punishment differs even when all other variables are equal, because you have 2 standards for 2 groups of people.

Obviously the more gruesome rapes should be punished harder. Ideally it should be all in a case by case basis and the gender of the person should not matter, rather the brutality of his act.

mauricio

Quote from: stromboli on October 06, 2015, 11:16:11 AM
There is also the fact of the babysitter being of diminished capacity, apparently. And the father knew the babysitter beforehand and had some sort of affair with her. The question is whether punishment serves to fix a situation or be ultimately damaging to both parties. I'm not judgmental by nature, so it is not my place to put myself in the judge's shoes. The bad part is how it affects the boy. That we will never know.

Imo justice is not/should not be about punishment but about preventing crime by using any mean necessary: rehabilitation, prison, therapy, and the unfixable should be eliminated (this last one I would not trust to our current justice systems to administer) But this is an ideal. For now we should be consistent with our laws and ethics this woman should have gone to jail if that is consistent with the precedent.

Draconic Aiur

LMAO! GENDER EQUALITY NEEDED!

Hydra009

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on October 06, 2015, 03:19:57 PM
Yep. That's right. Men and women are not made equal by Mother Nature. We are different.
Quick question:  have you ever heard the phrase "justice is blind"?

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.