News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Harry Potter as Christian Fanfiction

Started by TomFoolery, October 05, 2015, 06:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: TomFoolery on October 05, 2015, 06:42:04 PM
The writer is from a denomination that outright rejects evolution and celebrating birthdays. I wasn't aware of Christian sects that said birthdays were a no-no.

Many Christians do not consider Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons to be Christians. Personally, I think that their belief systems and unique religious texts warrant giving them their own categories. But yes, based on my experience with a JV ex, they do not celebrate birthdays, or any national holidays for that matter. This is because such holidays are of the world, and their allegiance is to the kingdom of God, not of man. Makes me almost thankful for having a family of mostly Pentecostals. Almost.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Blackleaf on October 08, 2015, 10:03:00 PM
Many Christians do not consider Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons to be Christians.
According to the JWs I've met, they don't consider themselves to be Christians either. They see Christianity as having become a corrupted version of what they believe due to all the pagan beliefs it absorbed. That's why JWs don't observe any holidays or birthdays, for example.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Draconic Aiur

I wonder if theres a Christian *snickers* LOTR

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: Draconic Aiur on October 09, 2015, 01:15:03 AM
I wonder if theres a Christian *snickers* LOTR

Ummmm...I have some news for you. LOTR is to Catholic what The Chronicles of Narnia is to Protestants.

"The Lord of the Rings is of course a fundamentally religious and Catholic work; unconsciously so at first, but consciously in the revision. That is why I have not put in, or have cut out, practically all references to anything like 'religion', to cults or practices, in the imaginary world. For the religious element is absorbed into the story and the symbolism" - J.R. Tolkien
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on October 09, 2015, 01:46:00 AM
Ummmm...I have some news for you. LOTR is to Catholic what The Chronicles of Narnia is to Protestants.
Sarcasm is a foreign language to you, isn't it?
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Munch

At least Tolkien was subtle about it, unlike C. S. Lewis and his Jesus allegory lion
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

TomFoolery

Personally I'd love to see some Christian Marvel comics, Walking Dead, Hunger Games, Star Wars, Star Trek.

Who wouldn't just love a Reverend Obi Wan, Deacon Tony Stark, a zombie Baptist choir?...

I would make a joke about Twilight, but it actually was written by a Mormon and it shows.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Munch

Quote from: TomFoolery on October 09, 2015, 08:39:44 AM
Personally I'd love to see some Christian Marvel comics, Walking Dead, Hunger Games, Star Wars, Star Trek.

Who wouldn't just love a Reverend Obi Wan, Deacon Tony Stark, a zombie Baptist choir?...

I would make a joke about Twilight, but it actually was written by a Mormon and it shows.

"I THOR, THE FOLLOWER OF JEHOVAH, SHALL SWING MY MIGHTY NOT NORSE BUT VERY CHRISTIAN HAMMER AND SMITE ALL WHO OPPOSED THE ONE TRUE GOD, WHICH ISN'T MY FATHER!"

"HULK SMASH NONE BELIEVERS!"

"Bub, this holy metal they put in my body doesn't cut, it blesses those who oppose god, like lambs"

"Spiderman, Spiderman, friendly church goer spiderman, can he pray, yes he can, he asks god, for a hand, look out, here comes the spiderman!"

"My name is Matt Murdock, otherwise known as Dare-Angel, god took my sight away, but he also blessed me with new sight, the power to see the truth about god. Now I help those would would go against his rule, taking out the scum of this city and letting them know god forgives them"

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

Rowling should be able to sue, because that is right down propaganda material. That's not some adjustment or slight change.

Rotten brain. It fucking stinks right trough the screen.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on October 09, 2015, 01:46:00 AM

"The Lord of the Rings is of course a fundamentally religious and Catholic work; unconsciously so at first, but consciously in the revision. That is why I have not put in, or have cut out, practically all references to anything like 'religion', to cults or practices, in the imaginary world. For the religious element is absorbed into the story and the symbolism" - J.R. Tolkien

I didn't know it was specifically Catholic, but I've picked up on the series' Christian themes. From what I've heard, though, Tolkien and Lewis were both friends. Tolkien apparently wanted to give up several times, but Lewis kept begging him for more.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on October 08, 2015, 11:29:15 PM
According to the JWs I've met, they don't consider themselves to be Christians either. They see Christianity as having become a corrupted version of what they believe due to all the pagan beliefs it absorbed. That's why JWs don't observe any holidays or birthdays, for example.

--Fulke Greville--