News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Homo Naledi Versus Creationism

Started by stromboli, October 05, 2015, 12:40:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popsthebuilder

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 11, 2015, 09:33:51 AM
That's a fact?  Okay, name one thing that exists and is not observable.
Antimatter

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 11, 2015, 10:00:00 AM
Antimatter

We make antimatter in labs, genius.

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 10, 2015, 04:02:43 PM
The fact that everything isn't strictly observable and henceforth not only comprised of the physical alone.
Supernaturalism of the gaps in a nutshell.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on October 11, 2015, 09:33:51 AM
That's a fact?  Okay, name one thing that exists and is not observable. 
Thursday.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on October 11, 2015, 01:07:31 PMThursday.
Well, you could observe the day in question - a timelapse video of the entirety of last thursday, for example.  True, "thursday" (and the week in general) is a human construct, but what that term designates is very real.

popsthebuilder

Quote from: hrdlr110 on October 10, 2015, 11:46:01 PM
You're close. It means you don't know.  And really, if you're honest, and consider the absence of evidence,  there isn't a person on the planet that can know. This means every human is agnostic - whether they are willing to admit it or not. But while you're willing to entertain the possibility of a god,  most on here are not so inclined to do so without evidence. Therefore atheism is a more apt description of us. So don't start believing we have very much in common with regard to whichever god it is you worship.
I don't appreciate you or anyone else assuming what I do or do not know. I was an atheist for over twenty years. I know without a doubt that there is a God. I was saved directly by said God. I is all the evidence I will ever need ebb though I get more and more confirmation daily.

And don't worry I don't want or expect any type of camaraderie from any man.

popsthebuilder

SGOS

ag·nos·tic

aɡˈnästik/

noun

a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God.

Up say som to Hong is convinuent or coincidence. I do not believe in coincidence.

Any who "bypass" any sort of knowledge, be it physical, spiritual, or a combination of the two, is foolish.

Do not generalize all religion with those that are in it for greedy reasons. There is a thing known as true Faith. It is usually a product of a direct connection one has at one time or another with God. This connection usually leads the individual to a completely different way of being and yes, it can bring about knowledge.

Taking everything in a literal sense will stifle your ability to learn.

You seem to be talking about things you don't really know about. Granted, I suppose some religious individuals do that too.

hrdlr110

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 11, 2015, 06:38:51 PM
I don't appreciate you or anyone else assuming what I do or do not know. I was an atheist for over twenty years. I know without a doubt that there is a God. I was saved directly by said God. I is all the evidence I will ever need ebb though I get more and more confirmation daily.

And don't worry I don't want or expect any type of camaraderie from any man.

That's ok, your appreciation isn't required for me to assume what you don't know. Which, from your posts it is very apparent there's a lot you don't know, and for those things that you don't know, you choose instead to invent.
Atheist for 20 years eh? Do you have any idea just how many theists come in here making a similar claim thinking it will somehow give your new position more sway? I call bullshit - aka liar! And your god frowns on that!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

popsthebuilder

Quote from: hrdlr110 on October 11, 2015, 08:55:18 PM
That's ok, your appreciation isn't required for me to assume what you don't know. Which, from your posts it is very apparent there's a lot you don't know, and for those things that you don't know, you choose instead to invent.
Atheist for 20 years eh? Do you have any idea just how many theists come in here making a similar claim thinking it will somehow give your new position more sway? I call bullshit - aka liar! And your god frowns on that!
You mm...!...

I am not lying at all. I remember vaguely in pieces not understanding how dinosaurs where older than man yet man was made at the same time with the animals.

I remember not understanding how there could be so much pain in life if some thing made us and loved us. As I grew older I just assumed that evolution was right based on the observable facts. I remember repeatedly tempting God to prove to myself  and "it" that I knew it wasn't real. At one point I made a conclusion that the sun was physical proof of some "higher power". This is still atheism though. All through childhood and adolescence I had this anger. Anger grew into usable tools. I was in a bad spot. Let's just say that by the time is was about 28 I was really trying to change my negative life. I had started praying sporadically out of desperation for change, even strength for death. I didn't put "Faith" into these pleads, but I did put hope. Perhaps a year went by. Saw glimpses of peace a couple of times in states of complete loss. Another year of ups downs and fights. Little more hope. Little more direction. Then at shortly after my family(and sons family) was saved by God because God saved me from literally destroying it by relieving me of my anger. So technically it may have taken me two or three years to go from full blown adamant atheist to literally truly faithful(not belief/ or hope technically).

hrdlr110

ok, so you think you've found god. What are you looking for here? Shouldn't you be hanging with like minded people like most theists prefer? The conversion of anyone on here is about as likely as you ever showing us any proof of your god. You here for laughs? (Our laughs)
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

SGOS

Tempting God?  Sun as the proof of a higher power?  These do not define atheism.  You appeared to be a theist, a theist who was angry at God.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 11, 2015, 01:32:32 PM
Well, you could observe the day in question - a timelapse video of the entirety of last thursday, for example.  True, "thursday" (and the week in general) is a human construct, but what that term designates is very real.
How much time would the video cover?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

Quote from: popsthebuilder on October 10, 2015, 10:06:37 AM
Answer the question instead of dancing around it.

I'm not in the business of giving a 5-year course. But there's plenty of university that do. But talking to an ignoramus like you is a waste of time. Have a nice life, asshole.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers