White Supremacists Kill More than Jihadists

Started by SGOS, October 04, 2015, 06:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://news.yahoo.com/statistics-show-white-supremacy-bigger-004327404.html

QuoteDespite what Donald Trump and many other politicians have told you, the major threat to America isn’t Muslim extremism. In fact, statistics show that the real danger lies with domestic extremists who aren’t of the Muslim faith.

The New York Times reported back in June that since Sept. 11, 2001, almost twice as many people have died at the hands of white supremacists and other non-Muslim extremists than by radical Muslims. Using data compiled by New America, a Washington Research center, a study found that 48 people have been killed by extremists who are not Muslimâ€"including the mass killings in Charleston, S.C.â€"compared to the 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists.  However, this does not factor in yesterday’s tragic shooting or less publicized incidents like the Las Vegas couple who murdered two police officers and left a Swastika on one of the bodies.

These stats reveal a vast difference between public perception and the number of actual cases in which Muslim extremists have claimed American lives. So why aren’t more people outraged about domestic terrorists? Because then we’d have to admit that white supremacy is still a problem.

While the public hasn't quite caught on yet, scholars say that the issue needs to be addressed. “There’s an acceptance now of the idea that the threat from jihadi terrorism in the United States has been overblown,” Dr. John G. Horgan, who studies terrorism at the University of Massachusetts said. “And there’s a belief that the threat of right-wing, antigovernment violence has been underestimated.”

It wouldn't surprise me that the basic premise of this article is true in spite of the fact that the actual data given here is wrong  (a study found that 48 people have been killed by extremists who are not Muslimâ€"including the mass killings in Charleston, S.C.â€"compared to the 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists). 

But we know that over 3000 Americans were killed by jihadists on September 11.  I'm sure there is an explanation for the selective data, but it's not given in the article.  Also, note that the article starts with "White supremacists and other non-Muslim extremists," but uses statistics for ALL extremists (a group which remains undefined in the article), while giving the impression that white supremacists are a bigger threat than jihadists.  I don't know if that was just thoughtless writing or intentional misdirection.  It might be that the jihadist threat is overblown, and I think it probably is, but I don't think it's concern that is so small it should be ignored either.

Baruch

Don't worry citizen, as soon as everyone is "chipped" and tracked ... there will be no more terrorism ... and that same chip can control your moods so even if there were terrorism, you won't care anymore ... bwahaha
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

pr126

What  about the 27,009 terror attacks since 2001 in the name of Allah?

That's about 160 terror attacks every single month, year after year.
Can White Supremacist match that? Would anybody notice it?

There are NO radical Muslims. Only believing Muslims following the Quran.
But saying that it would imply that Islam has something wrong with it.
That cannot be allowed to be said.

Solitary

The Islamic religion as practiced by radical Muslims and Christian radicals is a threat to all life on earth.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

Quote from: Solitary on October 04, 2015, 03:21:02 PM
The Islamic religion as practiced by radical Muslims and Christian radicals is a threat to all life on earth.

An honest opinion about Americans ... in the context of trial by combat ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_CFGVPO7SY
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

LOL@responses and the thread being ignored. This is not some 'news'.

3000 people died at 9/11?! How about millions of people died as a result of international western policies, mainly US and its allies, which includes the country I live in the last 70 years. Only the civilians died in Irak and Afghanistan is more than enough.

Also I laughed my white ass off to 'white supremacist'. Pffft. LOL It's  white terrorism. And its home is Christian countries. You can actually call it Christian terrorism. But it is probably blasphemy to a culture that cannot acknowledge its domestic terrorism, let alone think the global one. Baby steps, eh. Myeh. More like huge lag.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SGOS on October 04, 2015, 06:55:14 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/statistics-show-white-supremacy-bigger-004327404.html

It wouldn't surprise me that the basic premise of this article is true in spite of the fact that the actual data given here is wrong  (a study found that 48 people have been killed by extremists who are not Muslimâ€"including the mass killings in Charleston, S.C.â€"compared to the 26 by self-proclaimed jihadists). 

But we know that over 3000 Americans were killed by jihadists on September 11.  I'm sure there is an explanation for the selective data, but it's not given in the article.  Also, note that the article starts with "White supremacists and other non-Muslim extremists," but uses statistics for ALL extremists (a group which remains undefined in the article), while giving the impression that white supremacists are a bigger threat than jihadists.  I don't know if that was just thoughtless writing or intentional misdirection.  It might be that the jihadist threat is overblown, and I think it probably is, but I don't think it's concern that is so small it should be ignored either.

Jiggling statistics and juggling semantics can be made to say anything. Americans will go to the extreme not to examine the real problem: that it is a culture of guns awash with the religious belief of American exceptionalism with good intentions of converting the world to home-grown capitalism.

Baruch

But US capitalism is ... government contracts and tax subsidies ... along with sucking the teat of the Federal Reserve.  Same as in Japan and W Europe.  Not the Adam Smith fantasy.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 05, 2015, 12:49:36 PM
But US capitalism is ... government contracts and tax subsidies ... along with sucking the teat of the Federal Reserve.  Same as in Japan and W Europe.  Not the Adam Smith fantasy.

Government spending is about 25% of GDP, so it doesn't explain the other 75% of economic activities, which good old fashion capitalism.

Baruch

You work for the Chamber of Commerce, right? ;-)  Almost all economic activity that is real, is in decline since 2007 ... and it is being replaced by fictitious manipulation of finance.  This used to be called ... follow the pea, it is under one of the three walnut shells, but it is hard to tell which one ;-(

Here is finance in a nutshell ;-)  There were two men.  One had a cat, the other had a dog.  They agreed that the market value of their cat and dog were equal, and that was $10,000 each.  So they traded the cat for the dog ... and now magically, both were $10,000 dollars richer, and both owed taxes on the transaction.  Of course the two men were insane to "pay" that much, or to not make the deal private barter ... and the taxman was laughing all the way to the treasury.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 05, 2015, 07:06:49 PM
You work for the Chamber of Commerce, right? ;-)  Almost all economic activity that is real, is in decline since 2007 ...

If you don't want that the government get involved in the market (25%), then you are on the same page as the Tea Party.

Quoteand it is being replaced by fictitious manipulation of finance.  This used to be called ... follow the pea, it is under one of the three walnut shells, but it is hard to tell which one ;-(

Finance + insurance amount to 12% of GDP.

Here is finance in a nutshell ;-)  There were two men.  One had a cat, the other had a dog.  They agreed that the market value of their cat and dog were equal, and that was $10,000 each.  So they traded the cat for the dog ... and now magically, both were $10,000 dollars richer, and both owed taxes on the transaction.  Of course the two men were insane to "pay" that much, or to not make the deal private barter ... and the taxman was laughing all the way to the treasury.

No, they are not $10,000 dollars richer as they had to pay the other guy. You get a resounding F on financial matter.

SGOS

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 05, 2015, 09:01:39 AM
Jiggling statistics and juggling semantics can be made to say anything. Americans will go to the extreme not to examine the real problem

I agree, and that was what much of this thread was actually about, because I found the statistics rather glaring, well at least lacking in explanation of how they were derived.

Baruch

When I can buy toilet paper at half I am paying now (thanks to slave labor and robotics) ... how will I celebrate when I no longer have access to my own toilet, or money for a pay toilet?  Thank goodness I have my iCrap that I can magically pay for everything without working.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 05, 2015, 11:14:50 PM
When I can buy toilet paper at half I am paying now (thanks to slave labor and robotics) ... how will I celebrate when I no longer have access to my own toilet, or money for a pay toilet?  Thank goodness I have my iCrap that I can magically pay for everything without working.

Says the guy who flunk Economics 101...:lol:

FaithIsFilth

QuoteDespite what Donald Trump and many other politicians have told you, the major threat to America isn’t Muslim extremism. In fact, statistics show that the real danger lies with domestic extremists who aren’t of the Muslim faith.
"The major threat to America". "The real danger" lmao. Americans are far more likely to get killed by a cow than killed by a Muslim or white supremacist terrorist attack. The cows are the real threat to America.