The One You Haven't Heard About: The Trade In Services Agreement

Started by stromboli, September 25, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 12, 2015, 07:23:22 PM
I volunteer you to step up to the plate and fight injustices so that no one will die as a victim of injustice.

Good for you ... the recruiting station is over on 2nd St and Main ;-)  It was a trick question to identify the annoying do-gooders ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 12, 2015, 07:25:47 PM
Good for you ... the recruiting station is over on 2nd St and Main ;-)  It was a trick question to identify the annoying do-gooders ;-))

So you're telling me that you won't volunteer, how disappointing!

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 13, 2015, 07:14:44 AM
So you're telling me that you won't volunteer, how disappointing!

Been fighting asshats for 28 years of my adulthood ... though in civies.  But not because of Truth, Justice and the American Way.  I don't look so good in spandex ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 13, 2015, 07:23:32 AM
But not because of Truth, Justice and the American Way.

Those words, "Truth, Justice and the American Way" if not an oxymoron could be the title of a play that would rival "Waiting for Godot".

Baruch

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 13, 2015, 09:13:12 AM
Those words, "Truth, Justice and the American Way" if not an oxymoron could be the title of a play that would rival "Waiting for Godot".

You are going to need to visit Kal-El at the Fortress of Solitude ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 13, 2015, 02:05:43 PM
You are going to need to visit Kal-El at the Fortress of Solitude ;-)

Duh! Just a chunk of kryptonite gives you victory.

josephpalazzo

All is not too rosy with the TTIP. France is threatening to pull out.

QuoteFrance says it is ready to pull out of talks over the controversial Transatlantic free-trade agreement between the EU and the US, because the "secretive" negotiations were favoring American interests over French ones.

The warning was given by France’s Secretary of State for Foreign Commerce Mathias Fekl, who said Paris is on the verge of pulling the plug on the negotiations for the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP).

The controversial treaty has long been the cause of angst in France and a French minister has given the clearest indication yet that Paris may not be willing to go on with talks that began in July 2013.

Mathias Fekl is angry that France's main concerns are not being taken into account and that the negotiations have so far prioritized American wishes over European ones.

In an interview with French newspaper Sud Ouest, Fekl said the negotiations "either weren't advancing or were progressing in the wrong direction".

"If nothing changes, it will show that there isn't the will to achieve mutually beneficial negotiations. France will consider all options including an outright termination of negotiations,” Fekl warned.

http://www.thelocal.fr/20150928/france-warns-us-over-transatlantic-treaty

Baruch

There you have it ... voila!  I don't think there is a French word for "duh" ... because it is too similar to the French word for "two" ;-)

TPP = Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere ... but run by Americans, not Japanese [=(

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.