The One You Haven't Heard About: The Trade In Services Agreement

Started by stromboli, September 25, 2015, 03:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: SGOS on October 05, 2015, 08:23:06 PM
This is pretty much just more of the same.  It's just more naked about letting corporate interests fleece consumers.

Wait until the NHS gets sued for restraint of trade, and the Brits realize that Rumpole of the Bailey is long dead?  Things will be so much better when everyone has to pay high prices for medicine, same as us Americans ;-)  Lower costs?  That isn't capitalism.  Capitalism is lower costs for the capitalists ... and poverty for everyone else.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Quote from: Baruch on October 05, 2015, 11:03:31 PM
I will bring you lower prices ... slave labor in S Thailand will bring it ... but not without a price ... there are no free whippings!

In theory.  But when I first noticed the great American Company LL Bean starting to sell stuff made in the Far East, I never noticed a drop in prices.  In fact, things got more expensive.  LL Bean may have made more profit, but none of that seemed to be passed on to consumers.  Like any system of economics, capitalism and free enterprise can be perverted by political wrangling and cronyism.  It has been and is getting worse.  Wealth flows to the top, and our government won't have it any other way.

jonb

Baruch is the real conspiracy not that the powers that be are expanding to take over the world, but that is a cover to hide the truth that the economic model of the nwo is unsustainable and they are having to withdraw from territories and they can no longer provide the standard of living that once the population enjoyed.

Steve Keen is an economist that is well worth a read. Especially on the subject of how academic economics has been distorted so that subjects like debt are not taught with any scientific rigger. I have also heard him talk about how 'effortless superiority' is used to stifle debate. A very interesting man.

SGOS

Quote from: jonb on October 06, 2015, 06:26:03 AM

Steve Keen is an economist that is well worth a read. Especially on the subject of how academic economics has been distorted so that subjects like debt are not taught with any scientific rigger. I have also heard him talk about how 'effortless superiority' is used to stifle debate. A very interesting man.

A timely suggestion.  I'm looking for an interesting read right now.

jonb

https://youtu.be/kZOiC9LxZYI

There is also lots on youtube of him and other books honestly I think what he says is very interesting.

Baruch

Quote from: jonb on October 06, 2015, 06:26:03 AM
Baruch is the real conspiracy not that the powers that be are expanding to take over the world, but that is a cover to hide the truth that the economic model of the nwo is unsustainable and they are having to withdraw from territories and they can no longer provide the standard of living that once the population enjoyed.

There you go reading my mind again.  Been following Dr Keene for several years now.  What is your take on how the whole Australian government had to conspire to get this one egg head exiled back to the motherland?  Brilliant coupe de gras ... the economics department wouldn't fire him, so the government fired the whole economics department!

Any modest spreadsheet wrangler can tell you, that even in a simple economic model (say software development) entropy is inescapable.  In the gas chambers, the last person to gasp their last, did it by climbing to the top of the already dead people.  Machiavellian that.

Dr Keene's rather modest dynamic models (using tools familiar to mechanical or electrical engineering) are at a whole other level compared to the simplified linear algebra of the folks ... who unlike Dr Keene, never saw 2008 coming.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

SGOS

Debunking Economics: The Naked Emperor of the Social Sciences

I think I'll get this one.  Why?  Because the cost of Keen's books at Amazon are extraordinarily high (one book is a phenomenal $164), and I can buy a used copy of this one for eleven dollars.  But it's a place to start. 

I actually find economics a fascinating topic, although it reminds me a lot of philosophy and politics.  Basically, you either favor a certain brand, perhaps for some unexplainable reason or you don't for a similar reason.  Even less senseless than that, you may favor a brand because the party you affiliate with favors it.  Whether the brand accomplishes good or bad is secondary to how it titillates you.  It's like poor Republicans voting for Republicans when the end result is that they will only get poorer, or liberals voting for a Democrat who sides with corporate America.  And then as they watch the environment get trashed and the cost of prescription drugs soar into space, they satisfy their sense of loss by believing their vote at least went to a guy who had his heart in the right place.

Still, I like learning about economics.  I liked it in college, but I only took an introductory course.  Whether right or wrong, economics can be thought provoking, and it most certainly affects your life. 

jonb

Quote from: Baruch on October 06, 2015, 07:24:54 AM
  In the gas chambers, the last person to gasp their last, did it by climbing to the top of the already dead people.  Machiavellian that.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and actually in knowing that we can get information.

You and I both have children, and we both know we would willingly lift them out of harms way at the cost of our own lives. The evidence of a pile of bodies does not tell you whether a person is being lifted or is scrambling on top of, it would all look the same. So when that view is invariably interpreted as 'climbing on top of' it tells us something about the observers that they don't want to see even in that situation humanity could be present.

Could it be there are some so driven by a need to justify their nature that they have to see the world through a lens of selfishness rather than care for one another, which is why the evidence is only ever presented one way?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on October 05, 2015, 11:03:31 PM
I will bring you lower prices ... slave labor in S Thailand will bring it ... but not without a price ... there are no free whippings!

Without globalization, third-world countries would get none of those jobs, and you would condemn them to Stone Age civilization. Now, it's true that those workers get pittance compare to US workers, but relative to the workers in their own country, they get to have a higher standard of living. Take a trip and go talk them to them before spewing nonsense.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: jonb on October 05, 2015, 07:48:21 PM
Yes that is precisely what ISIS is setting out to achieve.

That's total nonsense. If you believe that you are willfully ignorant or an hypocrite.

jonb

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 06, 2015, 08:31:07 AM
That's total nonsense. If you believe that you are willfully ignorant or an hypocrite.

You are the one calling for one world government and is saying anybody that opposes it 'should get a life', in other words you brook no opposition and you are happy to force what you want on others leaving no space for them.
That is the model of ISIS, Genghis Khan, etc and you fit that model very well.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: jonb on October 06, 2015, 08:40:32 AM
You are the one calling for one world government and is saying anybody that opposes it 'should get a life', in other words you brook no opposition and you are happy to force what you want on others leaving no space for them.
That is the model of ISIS, Genghis Khan, etc and you fit that model very well.

Which part of "In case some of you haven't figured that one: globalization ≠ one government" don't you understand?

Do you know what "≠" means? Get yourself an education.

jonb

Your symbolic assertion is purely symbolic. All countries are trading now, to enforce a global system which is uniform needs an administration. That administration would be by definition a global governance.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: jonb on October 06, 2015, 10:07:42 AM
Your symbolic assertion is purely symbolic. All countries are trading now, to enforce a global system which is uniform needs an administration. That administration would be by definition a global governance.

No, as I have written before, globalization has to do with the elimination of tariff and quota, imposed in different measures on a variety of goods and services that each country might impose. YOU DON'T NEED A GLOBAL GOVERNMENT to enforce that. All that is needed is cooperation between countries. Hence a consequence is that these countries are unlikely to go to war against each other since inadvertently these countries develop an inter-dependence.

jonb

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 06, 2015, 10:18:13 AM
No, as I have written before, globalization has to do with the elimination of tariff and quota, imposed in different measures on a variety of goods and services that each country might impose. YOU DON'T NEED A GLOBAL GOVERNMENT to enforce that. All that is needed is cooperation between countries. Hence a consequence is that these countries are unlikely to go to war against each other since inadvertently these countries develop an inter-dependence.

It is a system that nobody would cheat at is it? la la land
and your second assertion lets just look at the wars that are going on now

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts
List of ongoing armed conflicts

Did you see the number of civil wars and internal conflicts there are? How many nation on nation conflicts are there? Even presuming the nation on nation conflicts are between nations that have no inter-dependence your assertion does not seem to have any substance does it?