Started by pr126, September 24, 2015, 03:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hakurei Reimu

Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Hydra009

Filthy rebel scum.  Trek > Wars  :P

Just kidding, I'm actually more of a Babylon 5 fan.  There are dozens of us.  Dozens!

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 24, 2015, 03:43:07 PM
Filthy rebel scum.  Trek > Wars  :P

Just kidding, I'm actually more of a Babylon 5 fan.  There are dozens of us.  Dozens!

Really?!? Even Sheldon hates Babylon 5.

TomFoolery

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 24, 2015, 03:53:08 PM

Yes, even Star Trek Deep Space 9 (the boring middle child of Star Trek) is still mathematically better than Babylon 5.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Hydra009

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 24, 2015, 03:53:08 PM
Sheldon is to sci-fi geeks as Chief Wahoo is to Native Americans.  :P

josephpalazzo

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 24, 2015, 04:22:14 PM
Yes, even Star Trek Deep Space 9 (the boring middle child of Star Trek) is still mathematically better than Babylon 5.

Hmmm, I liked STDS9 better than the other ST series, mainly because of Quark - the closest thing to Larry David, which I'm sure the writers didn't mean to make it so, but nevertheless...

GSOgymrat

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 24, 2015, 04:22:14 PM

I'm offended by your disparaging comments regarding both ST:DS9 and Babylon 5. I recommended Tom Foolery's callous and insensitive comments be erased and she be indefinitely banned. I also plan on pursuing legal action against the operators of this so-called "forum" for not prominently displaying a trigger warning on this thread. My calm has been damaged.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 24, 2015, 04:23:13 PM
Sheldon is to sci-fi geeks as Chief Wahoo is to Native Americans.  :P

Do you always have a way of spoiling things?

TomFoolery

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 24, 2015, 04:36:05 PM
I'm offended by your disparaging comments regarding both ST:DS9 and Babylon 5. I recommended Tom Foolery's callous and insensitive comments be erased and she be indefinitely banned. I also plan on pursuing legal action against the operators of this so-called "forum" for not prominently displaying a trigger warning on this thread. My calm has been damaged.

And I, Sir, am offended by your offense and demand to know what the mods plan to do about your upsetting rant, because it upsets me.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

GSOgymrat

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 24, 2015, 04:52:56 PM
And I, Sir, am offended by your offense and demand to know what the mods plan to do about your upsetting rant, because it upsets me.

I sincerely apologize, as I had no idea you were a Rant Trauma Victim (RTV). I will schedule a press tour immediately on all the hottest talk shows to display my contrition and to make sure everyone knows how sensitive I truly am.

TomFoolery

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 24, 2015, 04:58:33 PM
I sincerely apologize, as I had no idea you were a Rant Trauma Victim (RTV). I will schedule a press tour immediately on all the hottest talk shows to display my contrition and to make sure everyone knows how sensitive I truly am.

Do you have a schedule of your appearances on the talk show circuit? I want to make sure I'm there to formally protest and demand justice because no amount of apologizing will ever be good enough.

josephpalazzo

I'm offended by the previous post which depicts an offense that was propagated by a pre-previous post on offensive rant. I demand an explanation.

GSOgymrat

Quote from: TomFoolery on September 24, 2015, 05:09:42 PM
Do you have a schedule of your appearances on the talk show circuit? I want to make sure I'm there to formally protest and demand justice because no amount of apologizing will ever be good enough.

Please...please... keep in mind that we are BOTH victims here. I completely agree that an apology simply isn't sufficient. We deserve compensation! But let's remember who is actually responsible for this  unpleasantness. It's not our fault, it not even fault of the poor, unfortunate souls who run this "forum." This is clearly Obama's fault and we need to sue the federal government. I'll initiate a Kickstarter fund because we both will obviously be too distracted by this higher calling, and making paid personal appearances, to perform at our jobs.

TomFoolery

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 24, 2015, 05:10:07 PM
I'm offended by the previous post which depicts an offense that was propagated by a pre-previous post on offensive rant. I demand an explanation.

I am offended that you would demand an explanation, which is clearly a thinly veiled attempt to take away my free speech because it suggests I can only speak if I clear it through you first. I demand retribution.

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 24, 2015, 05:25:41 PM
I'll initiate a Kickstarter fund because we both will obviously be too distracted by this higher calling, and making paid personal appearances, to perform at our jobs.
I'm actually maintaining my amateur status so I can compete in the Butthurt Olympics next summer which would open me up to better speaking engagements down the line. However, I'll be sure to do everything in my efforts to get your Kickstarter campaign shut down because even though it benefits my interest, I'm fickle.