The GOP’s bullsh*t campaign

Started by josephpalazzo, September 20, 2015, 09:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

â€œThe amount of energy necessary to refute bullshit is an order of a magnitude bigger than to produce it.”

Priceless.

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/19/the_gops_bullsht_campaign_why_theyre_drowning_the_country_in_an_ocean_of_lies/

Baruch

I hate Salon's web site mechanics/adverts.  Some of the articles are stimulating, if stereotyped.  I only posted this time, because I was sad you didn't have any responses beyond "likes".
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 26, 2015, 06:28:31 AM
I hate Salon's web site mechanics/adverts.  Some of the articles are stimulating, if stereotyped.  I only posted this time, because I was sad you didn't have any responses beyond "likes".

This is true for just about every websites. The ad world has shifted from the traditional print media to the digital media. Who would have thought...

When I read that article, my first thought was: if Nixon had perpetrated that third-rate burglary at the Watergate today rather than some 40+ years, would he resign? And I'm afraid that the answer is no. Our politicians can blatantly lie and there is little consequence politically. Total disgust.

Baruch

The Romans had a special room in their house, to accommodate over-indulgence.  The vomitorium.  Better than making a mess in the dining room, eh?  Getting a toga clean after an all night debauch must have been hell on the slaves ;-(  The more things change, the less they change.  Think of political trolling as a finger down your own throat ;-)  Have I changed or has America changed?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Hakurei Reimu

Is that a joke? Because the vomitorium is actually a part of the colleseum and similar buildings to allow mass movements of people from buildings, not a special place for which to vomit.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Baruch

I have been misinformed by a book years ago, or the Great Wiki is misinforming now ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vomitorium

So I will credit you with that factoid ... still like it my way though ;-)  ... and my opinion of political trolling is unchanged.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Baruch

Trolling ... posting something just to be controversial with some or all other posters ... not something you actually believe.  Stirring the pot, like the Three Witches in MacBeth.  Of course maybe most posters here are sincere ;-)  Comments on Salon articles would be a good example of Troll-topia.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Baruch on September 27, 2015, 05:44:34 PM
Trolling ... posting something just to be controversial with some or all other posters ... not something you actually believe.  Stirring the pot, like the Three Witches in MacBeth.  Of course maybe most posters here are sincere ;-)  Comments on Salon articles would be a good example of Troll-topia.

I don't get your post. I mean I don't follow the salon website. I just happen to go there from another website, whose name now escapes me, but regardless, an article should be evaluated on its own merit. If you think that exposing the GOP's blatant lies is trolling, well, as I have said many times, whatever floats your boat. Yes, yes, politicians have lied since the Roman times, is that really relevant? Shouldn't we hold our politicians to a little higher standard than Roman politicians' standard? Some twenty years ago, or maybe more than that, it was known that politicians would "bend the truth". which in many cases were about "it's your opinion versus my opinion" kind of bending the truth. Our politicians of today have gone way beyond that when they lie about facts - facts that can be easily checked out - yet, the political consequence is that the politicians easily get away.  I guess we've all become jaded.

redpaint417

if democrats would stop trying to tell everyone the truth and would just stop being honest all the time, it wouldn't be such a big deal

josephpalazzo

Quote from: redpaint417 on September 30, 2015, 10:26:16 AM
if democrats would stop trying to tell everyone the truth and would just stop being honest all the time, it wouldn't be such a big deal

The Democrats have their own crazies on the Left to deal with. So you'll get from many people that they are no better. But Republicans tend to lie a lot more to the point that you can't differentiate whether they're deceitful or just plain stupid... most likely both.