News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I Stand With

Started by TomFoolery, September 17, 2015, 10:50:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

I got Colonel Sanders. I think I did it wrong.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

TomFoolery

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on September 19, 2015, 01:11:39 AM
Thing about Biden he would absolutely rip apart anyone in the Republican clown car in a debate. In a debate he does not fool around, he would destroy anyone of them. He has this amazing talent when it comes to debating people.

Yeah, Biden is also pretty famous for being blunt and just saying what he wants. The difference between him and Trump is that he comes across genuine and not saying whacky shit just to get a rise out of people. Also, there is a lot of truth to the things he says, as well as basic decency and respect. For example, when he told Vladimir Putin in one simple sentence to "get out of Ukraine," Trump might have said "Look you commie shit, get out of my country."

To all those Trump supporters that believes Donald Trump just says what everyone is thinking, I disagree, because I can't really recall a time when Trump said what I was thinking, but Joe Biden has.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Mermaid

Quote from: Johan on September 19, 2015, 06:54:12 AM
I got Colonel Sanders. I think I did it wrong.
Mmmm. Chicken.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Blackleaf

There's no way Trump will win the election. Sure, there are a lot of stupid people out there, but that would be a very special kind of stupid. Just imagine Trump's face on the same wall as George Washington and Abraham Lincoln.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

GSOgymrat

Quote from: Blackleaf on September 19, 2015, 10:49:01 AM
There's no way Trump will win the election. Sure, there are a lot of stupid people out there, but that would be a very special kind of stupid.

Scott Adams is betting on the stupidity of the American people.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/14/dilbert-creator-on-how-trump-is-like-the-founding-fathers-jesus.

Scott Adams, the mind behind comic strip Dilbert, says Donald Trump is going to win the White House in a mega-landslide.

Donald Trump is going to be president, and he will cruise to victory in the biggest, hugest landslide the American electorate has ever handed any candidate.

That’s what cartoonist and Dilbert creator Scott Adams is predictingâ€"with a whopping 98 percent certainty.

Over the past few weeks, Adams has been devoting a chunk of his blogspace to his unified theory on why Trump can not only succeed at locking up the Republican nomination, but win the White House in a mega-landslide. He acknowledges his argument puts him in a diametrically opposing position to Nate Silver and other data-driven election-cycle prognosticators.

“I believe I am alone in that prediction, at least among the talking-head/pundit/writer set,” he wrote late last month. “I realize that a healthy chunk of voters think he can go all the way. But the smart professionals almost universally expect him to flame out.”

Adams, who has classified Trump as a “Clown Genius” and an “unstoppable” master of persuasion, couches much of his analysis in the idea that Trump is an expert at “linguistic kill shots” (think: “low-energy” Jeb Bush) and that his months of political fortune have defied virtually every prediction the American pundit class has hurled his way.

“This has nothing to do with any logic,” Adams told The Daily Beast. “But history has turned on a few peopleâ€"like the Founding Fathers and Jesus Christ come to mindâ€"who used the same tricks: They describe to people a better vision of themselves. And Trump fits into that [model] in the most direct way you could possibly do. He’s saying, ‘You’re an American, I’m going to make you feel great.’” ...

Mike Cl

Quote from: GSOgymrat on September 19, 2015, 11:06:30 AM
Scott Adams is betting on the stupidity of the American people.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/09/14/dilbert-creator-on-how-trump-is-like-the-founding-fathers-jesus.

Scott Adams, the mind behind comic strip Dilbert, says Donald Trump is going to win the White House in a mega-landslide.

Donald Trump is going to be president, and he will cruise to victory in the biggest, hugest landslide the American electorate has ever handed any candidate.

That’s what cartoonist and Dilbert creator Scott Adams is predictingâ€"with a whopping 98 percent certainty.

Over the past few weeks, Adams has been devoting a chunk of his blogspace to his unified theory on why Trump can not only succeed at locking up the Republican nomination, but win the White House in a mega-landslide. He acknowledges his argument puts him in a diametrically opposing position to Nate Silver and other data-driven election-cycle prognosticators.

“I believe I am alone in that prediction, at least among the talking-head/pundit/writer set,” he wrote late last month. “I realize that a healthy chunk of voters think he can go all the way. But the smart professionals almost universally expect him to flame out.”

Adams, who has classified Trump as a “Clown Genius” and an “unstoppable” master of persuasion, couches much of his analysis in the idea that Trump is an expert at “linguistic kill shots” (think: “low-energy” Jeb Bush) and that his months of political fortune have defied virtually every prediction the American pundit class has hurled his way.

“This has nothing to do with any logic,” Adams told The Daily Beast. “But history has turned on a few peopleâ€"like the Founding Fathers and Jesus Christ come to mindâ€"who used the same tricks: They describe to people a better vision of themselves. And Trump fits into that [model] in the most direct way you could possibly do. He’s saying, ‘You’re an American, I’m going to make you feel great.’” ...

Along with Adams, I do not ever under estimate how amazingly stupid the American public really is.  I call that the Stupid Fucking American effect.  SFA's constantly amaze me.  I think I can not be amazed again by the effect---then just a little while later, I am amazed!  Would Trump winning be expected?  No.  But never, ever, sell the SFA's short.  They simply can become more and more stupid.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: Mike Cl on September 19, 2015, 12:56:26 PM
Along with Adams, I do not ever under estimate how amazingly stupid the American public really is.  I call that the Stupid Fucking American effect.  SFA's constantly amaze me.  I think I can not be amazed again by the effect---then just a little while later, I am amazed!  Would Trump winning be expected?  No.  But never, ever, sell the SFA's short.  They simply can become more and more stupid.

I suspect 4chan is involved in all of this. Maybe Trump running for president is one of their epic trolls.
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به

Mike Cl

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on September 19, 2015, 01:33:16 PM
I suspect 4chan is involved in all of this. Maybe Trump running for president is one of their epic trolls.
I have also heard that Trump is secretly funded by Clinton.  Maybe he is a troll in that respect.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sylar

Sanders 91%, Clinton 86%, Biden 84%

I'd probably score more for Sanders if I took the time to navigate through all the more in-depth "other" answers.
"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all." --Oscar Wilde

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 18, 2015, 11:06:19 AM
I have many reasons to hate Hillary related to our domestic issues. That woman visited Fetuallah Gulen and made politics with him. Do you know who that man is?

He's a rdical islamist. He owns most of the underground islamic schools around the world in the West and many other ones openly. He was one of the horses US international policy played to bring the islamic party in power in Turkiye and later tried to use him against Erdogan. But it didn't work.

Utterly unsurprising.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Baruch

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on September 17, 2015, 11:18:50 PM
I got Bernie Sander 95%. I was supporting Hilary at first but recently I have been leaning towards Bernie. It's like I am between a rock and a hard place. I want a woman president but maybe...you know.

Elect Bernie, then make him get a sex change ... as Bernice ;-)  Then you can match up two litmus tests at the same time.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on September 19, 2015, 03:37:42 AM
Imagine Sanders vs Trump and Trump winning. :oak:  I don't normally encourage becoming an expat - it seems like a spitful and childish thing to do when things don't go your way - but if Trump beat Sanders, it'd be a reasonable course of action.

Best get your passport in order.  Bernie is Jewish.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.