US & Israel Planned To Overthrow Assad In 2006

Started by josephpalazzo, September 15, 2015, 11:43:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote...The United States and its allies in the Middle East, including Turkey and Israel, have been frequently accused of contributing to the ongoing destabilization of Syria in the wake of the uprising and subsequent civil war which began in 2011. But according to cables from the WikiLeaks archive, discussed in the Syria chapter of Assange’s book, plans to deliberately destabilize the region go back at least five years further. ...

According to Assange, the cable illuminates how the current Syrian crisis reflects U.S. influence on the Middle East, particularly the ways it has used its allies to put pressure on the country. “Part of the problem in Syria is that you have a number of US allies surrounding it, principally Saudi and Qatar, that are funneling in weapons,” Assange noted, adding that it shows how the U.S. uses its over 100 army bases and network of embassies to further its imperialist interests.

The mainstream media often presents a simplistic view of the Syrian crisis, especially when the U.S. government is using it as support for war, ignoring the history of the region and the many conflicting alliances it holds.

Last week, MintPress News founder Mnar Muhawesh published her analysis of the current refugee crisis, which also blames Western allies like Turkey, Israel and Saudi Arabia for seeking to destabilize Syria in their quest to control the region’s energy resources.

Fits nicely. Not surprising at all.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

stromboli

Solitary

We are truly a morally bankrupt country with our government aren't we? Eisenhower warned that this would happen when he left office. The biggest threat to world peace is the industrial military complex, and also a threat to our country by making us a target for this and our business practices by a war based on the mother of all lies, the riddles our politicians quote trying to look profound. Our children and grandchildren are going to pay the price for out deplorable ethics in every field of enterprise.   :sad:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

josephpalazzo

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 15, 2015, 02:46:31 PM
Ha, wait until Prez Trump gets in...
:wall:

If that happens say goodbye to any international goodwill we have left.

Like seriously...people are really wanting to vote for a guy who's idea of diplomacy is obvious, not even trying to hide it, bullying? Seriously? At least every other president has tried to make the bullying seem more palatable.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

CrucifyCindy

This is why we have ISIS. We created this mess and we keep supporting them by supporting their auxiliaries. We have no right to institute regime change in other sovereign nations unless they prove themselves to be a universal threat to sovereignity of other nations.
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

I'm just curious to know how much the UK was involved. But given Tony Blair was Bush's personal British poodle I can guess he knew about it and even supported Bush
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Munch on September 16, 2015, 03:27:15 AM
I'm just curious to know how much the UK was involved. But given Tony Blair was Bush's personal British poodle I can guess he knew about it and even supported Bush

Blair was manipulated by the Americans - but not by Bush, he wasn't smart enough. Cheney, Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, and the rest of the neo-cons were that smart. They manipulated both Blair and Bush. So it would not be any surprise that Blair went along like a poodle - as he is so aptly described.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 15, 2015, 02:46:31 PM
Ha, wait until Prez Trump gets in...
Uhhh yeah..about Trumps foreign policy credentials ..
https://youtu.be/vieDTkDs8zI

But he has a red hat and reads Time magazine which by the way qualifies him for the free thermometer emblazoned with the Time® logo if he pays for the subscription in full.

My 87 year old dad has such a thermometer.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.