Is the word "Islamophobia" an apologist's charter?

Started by 1liesalot, September 15, 2015, 05:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Two answer a much previous post ... the West has high judicial ideals.  Too bad they don't practice them.  Islam also looks superior, based on ideals that are left unpracticed (such as there aren't supposed to be any ... any ... poor Muslims.  The "tax" is supposed to take care of that.  And yes, dhimmis pay more tax, but it was for a legitimate reason, more legitimate as to why many Western folks don't pay as much tax as their fellow citizens.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

1liesalot

I've been reading "Christianity is Not  Great" and it's plain as can be that Christianity was once every bit as violent, destructive and hateful as the idiot Jihad-mongerers of our own age. Christianity in the West eventually had it's wings clipped and lost much of it's capacity to oppress it's own followers but too many of the proponents of Islam are following a creed that has yet to emerge from it's own Dark Ages. It's the younger of the two religions and things will change eventually, I think. This is the 21st century. Caliphates, theocracies and assorted mumbo jumbo bullshit can have no permanent place here.

Baruch

If progress is real ... you are right.  I just don't think the Christians have progressed as much as you think they have.  Once they think their mojo is being stolen, then the claws will come out!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Remote critic who thinks she's above it all "dedected".

Quote from: drunkenshoe on September 20, 2015, 05:31:15 AM
American idiot dedected.

And they have the every right to hate you and your culture back AND create every social and media, political weapon to fight against it. Like anti-semitism, anti-Americanism. They learned from the best. It's progress. Stop whining. It's not going anywhere, it will just get bigger. Take it up with your politcians who use it at every time its benefical for themselves.

Western politicans use the term 'Islamophıbia' more than anyone when it pays back.

The problem is NOT just raleting terrorism with Islam, but refuse to accept to

-call a terrorist a terrorist when they are white christians and domestic terrorism commited after 9/11 straight
-accept the policies of USA and its allies in creating that threat
-benefit USA -and its allies- gets from that threat
-profit USA-and its allies- gets from it 
-that they made an industry out of human suffering by creating it, fueling and refueling it for more profit
-that they created a culture which normalises attacking and invading foreign countries and committing mass annihilation as 'a job' for its own citizens and teach their children that this is 'defending democracy' and why their nation is the greatest one.

If Americans should decide to sue their governments of decades to come, in an ideal world and justice system, American people would win countless cases from systematic stupidization of their people and isolation of their culture to send their sons to unjustified, bullshit made up wars to kill them in masses. But it worked so good with wild capitalism, most of them are happy with that identity, enjoy that delusion and screaming about freedom.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: aitm on September 20, 2015, 08:54:28 PM
twenty years ago I wrote, like many others, that Islam was merely an early version of xianity and if all else were equal in 700 years  they would be as liberal as todays xians. But this is far from the case. With xianity, education drove reform, but muslims seem to have a distinct aversion to knowledge to the point where education is not just banned,,not just shunned, but forbidden. It is forbidden for the very reason that it promotes reason and logic which Islam fears above all. IT is an especially desperate religion, and that make it especially dangerous.

Western society became secular in spite of Christianity, and it is always a constant battle as the Christian Right is always trying to pull us back to the Inquisition Age. Having said that, considering present day, Islam has by far surpass the cruelties of yesteryears Christianity. They have modern weapons, by comparison, the early Christians had sling shots.

1liesalot

Quote from: josephpalazzo on October 22, 2015, 02:19:20 PM
Western society became secular in spite of Christianity, and it is always a constant battle as the Christian Right is always trying to pull us back to the Inquisition Age. Having said that, considering present day, Islam has by far surpass the cruelties of yesteryears Christianity. They have modern weapons, by comparison, the early Christians had sling shots.

There is a theory that the emergency of Christianity as a mass religion and the semi theocracies that followed as a result led to the Dark Ages and held back modernity and enlightenment back  for 1,000 years. A lot of stuff had to be re-learnt. If this is even one quarter right, it is a warning from history that everyone should heed, whether or not this necessitates an intellectual assault on the absurdities and stupidities of the three main monotheist religions. Like it or not, the most pressing and urgent of these challenges relates to Islam.

Baruch

1liesalot - That was Edward Gibbon's theory (he who wrote the long tome on the Decline & Fall of the Roman Empire).  He felt that GB in particular was hindered by Christianity (Voltaire would agree) and that an educated paganism, with suitable irony, would be of benefit ... in the sense that at one time pagan Rome was the world leader, and was not saved by Constantine's gambit.  But this paganism wasn't like Christian fundamentalism ... it was social convention and not hostile to good government ... the real decisions being made by philosopher kings like Emperor Marcus Aurelius.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on September 20, 2015, 10:19:20 PM
Also if Islam were anti-education then how in the hell did the Islamic Renaissance happen? They were once far ahead of the West.
Once is a very long time ago. Much as those like the Xtians deny this fact, no religion is static, which is very true of Islam as well. When it changed, it discouraged science and engineering. The West surged ahead of Islamic cultures, they stewed in their hatred of us for that, and it will never recover while any of us or our grandkids are alive. Not without our money, anyway, and handing it to countries which respect none of our values and support the terror of Sharia Law and other barbaric practices is the single dumbest thing that anyone who cares about Western freedom can do.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Atheon

The main problem I see is a failure distinguish the following concepts:

1) Islam.
2) Islamic fundamentalism.
3) Muslims.
4) Islamic extremists.

If, in your statements, you replace "Islam" with "Judaism" and "Muslim" with "Jew", and the result sounds like something from Mein Kampf, you might just be an Islamophobe.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Also, if you think lots of people who live in a bunch of different countries who have had little/no interaction with each other are nevertheless all involved in some grand conspiracy, you might also be a bigot and an especially dumb one at that.

Jack89

Quote from: widdershins on September 15, 2015, 06:00:47 PM
Islamophobia isn't a real thing, it's a word make up by PC sensitivity Nazis to bash people in the head with if they say anything bad about Islam and especially when they relate Islam to terrorism.  I hate Islam.  I also hate Christianity.  I essentially hate organized religion and find people who believe in magic to be altogether silly.  No, not all Muslims are terrorists, but a good share of terrorists are Muslim, therefore relating the two is fair.  Yes, there are decent Muslims out there and I can respect them, as people.  Their religion, however is batshit crazy and full of people who use it as an excuse to attack anyone not like them.  Pretty much Christianity on crazy ass steroids.  SOME people don't take it that way, and good for them.  But that's on them, not on the religion itself.  The Qur'an says I deserve to die because I don't believe the Qur'an.  Islam is based on the Qur'an.  Therefore Islam is shit, even if some people who follow Islam aren't total dicks about it.  Pretty straight forward logic as far as I'm concerned.  If someone wants to call me an Islamophobe for that, I don't really have a problem with anything any festizio has to say about me.
Spot on.