News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Started by josephpalazzo, September 12, 2015, 11:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hrdlr110

This post is to see how many likes i actually have - I've never checked!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

hrdlr110

Quote from: stromboli on September 12, 2015, 11:48:40 AM
I put no because I didn't institute the like button and the fact that I have more likes than anyone is embarrassing, frankly. I think it is an unfair reference to the quality of posters. Clout? News to me.

My post-to-like ratio is higher than the king!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

jonb

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 13, 2015, 07:30:24 AM
It looks like the "yes" will win...:-(

So what about joining the anti point counting group?
Is it possible, and if it is could we persuade the majority? I think that might be a better chance for you.

SGOS

I voted, I don't care.  But if there was an "I don't care that much" choice, I would have voted for that.  It's not a big deal to me, but it reminds me of the reader comments after Yahoo news articles, which are filled with so much ignorant comment that I feel degraded just by reading them.  It reminds me of something that appeals to the lowest common denominator in our society.  Like opinion polls being reported as news, with factual information only of secondary importance.  But that might only be because I associated with low quality news sources and pet videos on Utube.

Having said that, there's no real harm in it.  It's just has kind of cheesy feel about it IMO.  And when I do give a comment a "like," in the back of my mind, I often wonder why.  Well, it says I liked the comment, but it doesn't really add anything to the conversation.

Someone said in the interest of balance, we should have a "Don't like" button.  I would like to propose a "Don't care" button, and possibly even a "Don't give a shit" button, too.

How about this?  When a person doesn't get a high enough percentage of "likes" from others, the mods should ban him/her from the forum.  Later he can get reinstated during a probationary period where he has to click the "like" button a sufficient number of times to show that he sincerely likes everyone and he's worthy of being allowed in the forum again. 

Maybe I'm missing the whole point here.  What's the purpose of the button again?

jonb

Quote from: SGOS on September 13, 2015, 08:32:08 AMWhat's the purpose of the button again?

I think it's to keep aitm occupied

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: jonb on September 13, 2015, 07:55:48 AM
So what about joining the anti point counting group?
Is it possible, and if it is could we persuade the majority? I think that might be a better chance for you.

Baruch

1. I don't read every recent post
2. If I read a recent post, I may choose to ignore it because it just doesn't interest me
3. If I read a recent post, I may choose to second the motion, but it isn't important enough for me to write a full response
4. If I read a recent post, I may choose to write a full response
5. I am glad we don't have "unlikes"
6. I do like some ideas better than others, and people who tend to produce more of those ideas, will get more likes from me ... wanna make something of it, punks?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

jonb

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 13, 2015, 12:11:02 PM

The Desert Hawk is with you, and together .....

with my track record it will probably end in humiliating failure, but 'you can't loose them all' I am told.

TomFoolery

Quote from: jonb on September 13, 2015, 01:00:22 PM

The Desert Hawk is with you, and together .....

with my track record it will probably end in humiliating failure, but 'you can't loose them all' I am told.

Fuck it. Apathy Andy is with you too.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

jonb

QuoteThey also serve who only stand and wait

Green Bottle

I dont care either way, but im all for having a dont like,  or a fuck off button..... :shifty:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on September 12, 2015, 05:07:01 PM
I like having that feature around because I can express appreciation for a post while still following my rule of, "Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something."

Let me guess whom you were referring to...

[spoiler]Baruch ;-)[/spoiler]

jonb

I can see why I might want a reject button now.