Parents of trans* 1st-grader file discrimination complaint

Started by Rin Hato, March 14, 2013, 01:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SvZurich

Very true, Rin.  Sadly, cispeople can never understand transpeople.  Too much privilege to be able to relate.  

Let me show you an example of GLB people hating on T people.  This following hate site is run by RadFems, most of whom are lesbians.  I learned of this site when they attacked a friend of mine who often writes on HuffPo.  Brynn works hard for GLBT rights, and this site hates on her.  Disgusting!  I hate seeing GLBs on the same side of issues as the KKK and Southern Baptists.

http://pretendbians.com/
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

StupidWiz

Quote from: "SvZurich"Very true, Rin.  Sadly, cispeople can never understand transpeople.  Too much privilege to be able to relate.  

Let me show you an example of GLB people hating on T people.  This following hate site is run by RadFems, most of whom are lesbians.  I learned of this site when they attacked a friend of mine who often writes on HuffPo.  Brynn works hard for GLBT rights, and this site hates on her.  Disgusting!  I hate seeing GLBs on the same side of issues as the KKK and Southern Baptists.

http://pretendbians.com/
Yup, I notice that as well. It's just sad that some GLBT claim to fight for equality yet feel disgusted by transpeople. It's like, a bitter irony, isn't it? :(
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

wolf39us

I just don't get the arguments put forth.  I can think I'm black all day long but the reality is that I'm white.  I can think I'm a squirrel all day long but the reality is that I'm human.

Thinking something that you're not does not change reality.  If you're brain is any bit logical, you can only conform to reality.  Oh my, I have a dick... By definition I'm a male!

Plu

I suppose you think gay people are just pretending to be something they're not as well?

wolf39us

No, that's not what I said.  Sexual preference and gender identity are completely different.  Whether you like girls, boys or both is up to you.  Whether you're a female or male is NOT.

No matter what physical alterations you are put through, you will never be the opposing sex... Ever

Plu

That doesn't make sense. If no amount of physical alteration can change your gender, that means it's in your head. That means that if in your head you're a woman, no matter what physical parts you have, you're a woman. Even with a penis. Since it's already shown that transgenders have the brain of someone of the other sex, that means they were born the sex they feel like, not the one they have.

If your gender were physical, you would be able to become a woman by getting yourself altered.

Your position seems a bit inconsistent with itself.

wolf39us

Not inconsistent.

Down to biology... Males are XY females are XX.  Your body is formed based on these chromosomes.  

You are either XY or XX.  

Biologically you are one or the other.

Plu

Well apparently it's a buggy process, because some people are formed with XX bodies and XY brains, or the other way around.

But you're saying that the best outcome is people being miserable their whole life because their brain and their DNA don't match in terms of gender?

SvZurich

Wolf, I am sorry to tell you this, pilgrim, but you are wrong.  You're views are in step with the understanding of the issue circa 1973.  We've had 4 decades of scientific research since.

TS brains are hardwired and cannot be altered without destroying the person.  Constant dissonance between a brain that says you are one sex and a body that says you are the other can be debilitating.  The body can be changed, but the brain cannot be changed.  When society (which you are a part of) refuses to recognize trans people as who they are and instead seeks to pigeonhole them, it is adding to their distress.  Attitudes like yours are why the legal and medical system in the US have been stacked against trans people, but that is changing.  Education is key.  Do consider looking into this issue and putting actual time into your research.  Go out and meet some trans people.  They are just like us.  They have hopes, dreams, fears, depression, joy, and love.

As I said, cis people cannot truly understand their privilege, but cis people can be allies.  You are a cis person.  Cis means brain and body were born in alignment.  If you make the time to educate yourself, you can become an ally and help make society more fair for all.

Kimmie, preparing to write up an essay on the topic of Sexism/Heterosexism for my Social Justice reading for this week.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

SvZurich

Quote from: "wolf39us"Not inconsistent.

Down to biology... Males are XY females are XX.  Your body is formed based on these chromosomes.  

You are either XY or XX.  

Biologically you are one or the other.
Wrong, this issue is much more complex than your simplification.  Quite a few tested females are XY, and they have androgen insensitivity syndrome.  Their bodies did not respond to androgens like testosterone, so the androgens levels got high and converted to estrogen which they did respond to.  Unless tested, they would never know.

And there are men who are XX.  Too much androgen exposure in the womb mutated them into a male form.  It's those same hormones that shape the brain.

Also you forget the people with XXXY, XXY, and other variants.  Plus the people who are mosaics like different chromosomes for each set of cells from their bodies.

Science has learned a lot about this.  I invite you to research it honestly.

wolf39us

I haven't forgotten about the variations of chromosomes leading to issues.  I must go now, I'll talk to you guys later

SvZurich

Take care pilgrim.  :)

_Xenu_

Quote from: "wolf39us"I just don't get the arguments put forth.  I can think I'm black all day long but the reality is that I'm white.  I can think I'm a squirrel all day long but the reality is that I'm human.

Thinking something that you're not does not change reality.  If you're brain is any bit logical, you can only conform to reality.  Oh my, I have a dick... By definition I'm a male!
I would agree with you but one thing: The brains of trans people closely mirror the gender they wish to embrace.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

SvZurich

And they mirror the brains of the "opposite sex" due to the womb's hormonal bath.  Too many androgens can make a "girl" have a male brain, too much estrogen can make a "boy" have a female brain.  That IS reality.

Bibliofagus

Quote from: "wolf39us"I just don't get the arguments put forth.  I can think I'm black all day long but the reality is that I'm white.  I can think I'm a squirrel all day long but the reality is that I'm human.

It doesn't work like that for these people. They look down, see a dick and think something is wrong
I'm married to a woman who feels this way. (She feels she is a man, or, more accurately: her gender is essentially male). With her 16 years now. It's not a delusion, or something she can reason against. It's just the way it is.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.