To Protect And Serve---At Any Cost---Even "Your" Life.

Started by Solitary, September 01, 2015, 08:32:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peacewithoutgod

Sure he attacked the officer - that's always what they say! And I'm sure the officer who was under attack has the weapon which the man used in the evidence locker of his precinct (NOT).
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

aitm

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 09, 2015, 11:53:30 AM
Sure he attacked the officer - that's always what they say

Umm, you  brought up this case, there is video of the guy attacking the officer. Try this, go find another example and I can agree with you that that cop is a bad cop.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: aitm on September 09, 2015, 11:56:05 AM
Umm, you  brought up this case, there is video of the guy attacking the officer. Try this, go find another example and I can agree with you that that cop is a bad cop.
I've not seen the video, but it all hinges on one question: did that minister with the pickup truck attack the cop who shot him with a weapon? If there was no weapon, then there should have been no need for a trained police officer to use his gun!

Show us the weapon, or stop defending this murderous pig!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

josephpalazzo

In other news:

QuoteThe police department in Birmingham, Ala. has seen a 71% drop in citizen complaints -- and a 38% drop in use of force by officers -- since deploying 319 body cameras two months ago.

http://www.computerworld.com/article/2979627/cloud-storage/as-police-move-to-adopt-body-cams-storage-costs-set-to-skyrocket.html

aitm

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 09, 2015, 12:22:13 PM
I've not seen the video, but it all hinges on one question………. If there was no weapon, then there should have been no need for a trained police officer to use his gun!

Oh I get it. You think we should only hire police officers large enough to easily defeat other large people using nothing but their hands and then gently handcuff them while singing Kubaya.  And the same time you also think that any well trained police officer should be able to easily defeat any combatant at any time using nothing but non-lethal methods even when the other person is trying to kill you.

I think we all get a much better understanding of your "position" now. Carry on.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: aitm on September 09, 2015, 03:50:25 PM
Oh I get it. You think we should only hire police officers large enough to easily defeat other large people using nothing but their hands and then gently handcuff them while singing Kubaya.  And the same time you also think that any well trained police officer should be able to easily defeat any combatant at any time using nothing but non-lethal methods even when the other person is trying to kill you.

I think we all get a much better understanding of your "position" now. Carry on.
I'm aware that cops are trained to take down football linebackers who are double their size without any weapons, and that beyond this they carry a large array of weapons which aren't usually deadly. This cop in question chose the gun to use on a typical reverend who was trying to save his pickup truck! That cop was being a dick, and it takes a serious dick that a reverend would try and punch you in the face!

I believe I understand you perfectly, that "protect and serve" means protect and serve your own precious ass. You ranted the other day on having to "deal with the dregs of society", and that attitude toward other people is the root of the problem which you saddle society with. If you have to deal with them, then they are "dregs", not people! I know some of them are bad, but when cops are beating the shit out of them all the time with no regard for their rights, I don't think the cops are any less violent.

josephpalazzo

@peacewithoutgod

You need to factor in there are a staggering 200 millions guns in the US. If I were a cop, which I will never be, but if I were, I would probably shoot first and then ask question. The guy confronting and charging would be automatically considered as armed and dangerous. That's an unfortunate reality, and no one will ever fix the gun culture. It's like religion - it's there and won't go away.

aitm

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 09, 2015, 04:24:16 PM
I'm aware that cops are trained to take down football linebackers who are double their size without any weapons,
Like I said, I am glad you made your "position" clear, and know we also know where you head is at.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: josephpalazzo on September 09, 2015, 04:35:59 PM
@peacewithoutgod

You need to factor in there are a staggering 200 millions guns in the US. If I were a cop, which I will never be, but if I were, I would probably shoot first and then ask question. The guy confronting and charging would be automatically considered as armed and dangerous. That's an unfortunate reality, and no one will ever fix the gun culture. It's like religion - it's there and won't go away.
It's as simple as this: If the subject has a gun, then he would not be charging at you - he'd just whip out his piece and shoot you!

aitm

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 09, 2015, 07:09:44 PM
It's as simple as this: If the subject has a gun, he'd just whip out his piece and shoot you!

well sonofabitch….who woulda thunk that here in the year 2015, 215 million police officers never thunk of something so simple. Yeah, yer a player all right

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: aitm on September 09, 2015, 08:01:56 PM
well sonofabitch….who woulda thunk that here in the year 2015, 215 million police officers never thunk of something so simple. Yeah, yer a player all right
It's because they aren't trained to think, they're trained to react - and recently it's been all too often trained to react poorly.

aitm

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on September 09, 2015, 08:44:53 PM
It's because they aren't trained to think, they're trained to react - and recently it's been all too often trained to react poorly.
surely the FBI is watching us and you are now on their list of brilliant people who can train the new generation. Congradulations! I look forward to great things from you.