Survivor slams Kentucky clerk Kim Davis for using 'Eye Of The Tiger'

Started by Termin, September 09, 2015, 12:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Termin

im Davis, the Kentucky clerk who was jailed after refusing to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, was released on Tuesday morning to the sounds of Survivor’s classic song “Eye of the Tiger.” During a press conference, held after her six days in prison, the song played in the background as she, her husband, and Mike Huckabee celebrated her freedom.

But the band is less than pleased about the association their track has with Davis. Survivor issued a statement on their Facebook page and wrote, “NO! We did not grant Kim Davis any rights to use ‘My Tune -The Eye Of The Tiger.’ I would not grant her the rights to use Charmin! C’mom Mike, you are not The Donald but you can do better than that -See Ya really SoooooooonnnnnnN!!!!!!”

Band co-founder Jim Peterik also tweeted his dissent:
Jim Peterik
‏@jimpeterik

I have not authorized the use of Eye of the Tiger for use by Kim Davis and my publisher will issue a C&D.  This does not reflect my views.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Draconic Aiur

Munch

So wait, did she arrange the song herself, or some random organizer?
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

TomFoolery

I read this earlier and all I could think is why that song? And does it mean she's gonna go a few rounds in a boxing ring with Mr. T? I would Pay-per-View that.

How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Termin

Quote from: Munch on September 09, 2015, 02:50:42 PM
So wait, did she arrange the song herself, or some random organizer?

Didn't say, I would guess the organizer. 

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

SGOS

Anyone can be a jerk to the judge and go to jail for contempt.  It's not much of an accomplishment.  She's so enamored with herself that she needed music to march around to on the stage.

AllPurposeAtheist

-....annnnnd it gets better.  Republican dominated SCOTUS rules on case, settles law about same sex marriage.  Kim Davis, Democrat defies SCOTUS ruling and sent to jail by Republican judge,  released and Republican presidential candidates line up to kiss her ass and get in bitch fight..:Huckabee vs Cruz.

I wish I had been good enough to make this shit up.  :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

I actually think the Oompa Loompa Song would have been a better choice.

Munch

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Termin

Apparently it's not just a cease and desist order anymore

EMI to Sue Kim Davis, Mike Huckabee for “Unauthorized Public Performance” of Song ‘Eye of the Tiger’

http://nationalreport.net/emi-sue-kim-davis-mike-huckabee-unauthorized-public-performance-song-eye-tiger/

kilodelta

I'm not going to do my job anymore because lesbians might be making out in the closet. It's violating my religious freedom that they're not stoned... on pot... for making out with each other.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

AllPurposeAtheist

Can we just go ahead and feed the bitch to hungry lions and get this persecution thing going the proper way?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Hey guys.  I think the links in this thread refer to a spoof.  Go to the link in reply 10 and check out the heading that takes you to staff.  Also check article that says Kim Davis converts to Islam during time in jail.