News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Rome Never Fell

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, September 06, 2015, 02:39:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

When the Western Roman Empire fell, the Eastern Roman Empire carried on from its capital in Constantinople. Constantinople was beseiged by the Ottomans under Mehmed II, himself a descendant of the ERE's imperial line, and who proceeded to crown himself the Caesar of Constantinople and rule what he thought of as the Islamic continuation of the Romans; a "Roma Islamica" if you will. After the First World War, the Empire was broken up and reduced to its sole recognized successor-state, which means the modern successor-state to the Roman Empire is...

[spoiler]
GOBBLE GOBBLE, MOTHERFUCKER.[/spoiler]
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

jonb

Russia!
When Constantinople fell on a Tuesday in may 1453 the leaders of the empire became the Russian aristocracy.
The orthodox church which was the religion of the empire passed the leading position from Constantinople to Moscow. The Russian Aristocracy was very intermarried with that of Constantinople. The Tzars could claim with some authenticity that their bloodlines could be traced back to the Caesars.
So when the Last Roman Emperor Constantine XI Dragases Palaiologos died defending the walls of Constantinople the next in line would be the Tzar of all the Russias.
And it might surprise many in the west but Russia still sees itself as the inheritor of the Roman Empire.
In Russian foreign policy at least since the seventeenth century the recapture from the Turks of Istanbul has been a consistent objective. As has the policy to stop this from happening has been the objective of all other Europeans so that Europe does not get encircled by Russia.
One of the strong reasons why Russia is such a strong supporter of Syria (or rather Syrian governments) is that Syria's position on the south east boarder of Turkey makes Syria an invaluable ally in that long term objective.

It is not surprising that most people in the west do not know this bit of history because as it undermines the Popes authority and the Catholic position as being descendants of Rome, it has not been taught. 

josephpalazzo

If you'd ask the Romans of today, they couldn't care less.

jonb

I don't think many people care about history, I don't think societies care that much about history, sort of cultural alzheimers.

If you don't know from where you came, then you don't know where you are, or where you are going.

aitm

Quote from: jonb on September 06, 2015, 07:51:57 AM

If you don't know from where you came, then you don't know where you are, or where you are going.

Oh stop that….millions of adopted peeps never knew the truth about where they came from, they got along just fine.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: jonb on September 06, 2015, 04:47:35 AM
Russia!
When Constantinople fell on a Tuesday in may 1453 the leaders of the empire became the Russian aristocracy.
The orthodox church which was the religion of the empire passed the leading position from Constantinople to Moscow. The Russian Aristocracy was very intermarried with that of Constantinople. The Tzars could claim with some authenticity that their bloodlines could be traced back to the Caesars.
So when the Last Roman Emperor Constantine XI Dragases Palaiologos died defending the walls of Constantinople the next in line would be the Tzar of all the Russias.
And it might surprise many in the west but Russia still sees itself as the inheritor of the Roman Empire.
In Russian foreign policy at least since the seventeenth century the recapture from the Turks of Istanbul has been a consistent objective. As has the policy to stop this from happening has been the objective of all other Europeans so that Europe does not get encircled by Russia.
One of the strong reasons why Russia is such a strong supporter of Syria (or rather Syrian governments) is that Syria's position on the south east boarder of Turkey makes Syria an invaluable ally in that long term objective.

It is not surprising that most people in the west do not know this bit of history because as it undermines the Popes authority and the Catholic position as being descendants of Rome, it has not been taught. 
I actually do know this, but I like my joke better.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

jonb

Isn't a reality that produces this-

even a little bit funny?

stromboli

Y'all be russian in and putin down the turks?

aitm

Quote from: jonb on September 06, 2015, 09:57:18 AM
http://www.quora.com/Should-you-tell-your-adopted-child-that-he-she-is-adopted

You were saying?

so what….bunch of 20th century pussies…. for millennias children have been left orphaned by disease, war, natural disaster,( not to even approach capture and slavery to who-knows-where) they were picked up strangers moved to strange lands,,,yada yada,, humanity moved on.

This whole " I gotta know who I am" is a side note on the testicles of "woo" in that "there MUST be something special about me",,,"if only I could find out my roots"…..meh
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

jonb

Bacteria is a very successful life form, it has no need for science or enquiry.
You can if you wish follow that example and choose not to think about how things have come about.

I'm not stopping you, it's your choice you seem happy where you are.

Hydra009

Quote from: aitm on September 06, 2015, 09:23:42 AMOh stop that….millions of adopted peeps never knew the truth about where they came from, they got along just fine.

jonb

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: aitm on September 06, 2015, 12:33:57 PM
so what….bunch of 20th century pussies…. for millennias children have been left orphaned by disease, war, natural disaster,( not to even approach capture and slavery to who-knows-where) they were picked up strangers moved to strange lands,,,yada yada,, humanity moved on.

This whole " I gotta know who I am" is a side note on the testicles of "woo" in that "there MUST be something special about me",,,"if only I could find out my roots"…..meh

Yeah, what's the point in knowing if your parents suffered from alzheimer's, schizoprenia, cancer, or heart disease?  What's the point in knowing that they were concert pianists or brilliant painters when nobody ever thought to give you a paintbrush, or a musical instrument?
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.