Bill the pill at it again with his foot in his mouth.

Started by Solitary, September 02, 2015, 10:34:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2015/08/27/bill-oreilly-blames-decline-in-spirituality-for-the-deaths-of-wdbj-journalists/

I thought someone like Pat Robertson would have been the first to link Tuesday’s shootings of WDBJ journalists Alison Parker and Adam Ward to people not being Christian enough. Instead, that (dis)honor went to Bill O’Reilly. On his show last night, O’Reilly said that shooter Vester Lee Flanagan committed the despicable crimes because he turned away from spirituality:

What [Marco] Rubio was spotlighting is the rise in nihilism and a decline in spiritual belief. A person practicing nihilism believes in nothing but his or her own desires… … There is no question that America is not turning away from spiritualism and embracing the culture of me. What I want. Since 2007, Americans describing themselves as Christian declined almost 8% while those who believe in no religious doctrine have risen almost 7%. In many media precincts, religious folks are openly mocked, considered to be fanatics…
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Baruch

The perpetrator turned away from compassion ... religion had little to do with it, though steroids might have helped.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.