News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

New Child Rape Denier Elected

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, March 13, 2013, 02:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fidel_Castronaut

White smoke seen from the Sistine Chapel just announced.

I'm sure I can speak for us all when I wish the new guy luck... #-o
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Brian37

As I said in a prior post.

"GOODY OH GOODY, the comic book fan club has elected a new president. In other news, building the Pyramids did not make the sun a god.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Jason78

Why do they have to elect a new pope?

Can't they just pray to god for a new one?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Davka

I am so fucking tired of the breathless wall-to-wall media coverage of the Vatican. Who really gives a rat's ass?

Rin Hato

Hang on a second, when they elect a new Pope aren't they just saying to God "here, speak to this guy, we don't think you should speak to anyone else." Isn't that a bit, you know, arrogant? They're saying they know better than all-knowing-all-powerfull-all-everything gawd.
Obieru kono te no naka niwa taorareta hana no yuuki.

stromboli

Big surprise. Cardinal Bergoglio of Argentina aka Pope Francis (?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis

A Jesuit, which is unusual. He has a history of working with the poor and took a vow of perverty during his tenure as a Cardinal. Actually a big change for the church.

Oops. I meant "poverty"  :-D

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "stromboli"Big surprise. Cardinal Bergoglio of Argentina aka Pope Francis (?)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Francis

A Jesuit, which is unusual. He has a history of working with the poor and took a vow of perverty during his tenure as a Cardinal. Actually a big change for the church.

Oops. I meant "poverty"  :-D

South America has seen some of the largest rises in HIV/aids contraction rates in the past couple of decades.

Wonder what the new pope will do about that?

Nothing.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

widdershins

QuoteCardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio was elected as pope Wednesday. The 76-year-old Jesuit prizes simplicity and humility, according to his biographer. He has only one lung, the other having been removed due to infection when he was a teenager
Wow.  At least they listened to the Catholics of the world and elected someone younger....than Jesus....barely.
This sentence is a lie...

Minimalist

Quote from: "Davka"I am so fucking tired of the breathless wall-to-wall media coverage of the Vatican. Who really gives a rat's ass?

Yeah...thousands of idiots standing out in the rain waiting for a bunch of old perverts to pick one of them to be the head pervert and then jumping up and down like a bunch of starstruck children when it happens.  I fucking hate catholics.  Dumbest bunch of shits going.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

SvZurich

Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait till WE, the church of the dental deity elect a new Tooth Fairy.. Fucking pope won't be Jack Francis Shit! :evil:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Valigarmander

The new guy's opposed to gays and abortions. But at leat this one wasn't involved in any molestation cover-ups. (That we currently know of.)

Outnumbered

Hurray! They have pooped out another pope. His turn to be infallible. Not.

widdershins

So, wait...was he infallible going into this or was he magically transformed because of the vote?  At exactly what point do his super powers kick in?  Even if the vote did it, did it happen the moment people decided who they were going to vote for, the moment they cast their votes, the moment the final tally was given?  I'm new to super powers and don't really understand the process.  Although, I have to say, as far as super villain clothing goes, the pope's is the dumbest super villain outfit I've ever seen.  It starts with the shoes from the Wicked Witch of the East and unbelievably gets worse from there.

widdershins

Is it when they throw the votes on the fire?  When the smoke comes out the chimney?  When people see the smoke?  When their brains process what they see?  When they celebrate?  This is going to drive me nuts.