Why men are sexist pigs shown to be true by a creationist, not a Feminist.

Started by Solitary, September 02, 2015, 10:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

WarningYour head may explode if you watch all of this, if you actually can.   :wall: So sad that someone can be this stupid and self-righteous. Even my Catholic wife couldn't watch it  for more than minute because, as she said. "the woman is an idiot."

https://youtu.be/ZWB6Yhxqy5k
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Termin

I've seen that before, and I just can't watch her again, I just can't.
Termin 1:1

Evolution is probably the slowest biological process on planet earth, the only one that comes close is the understanding of it by creationists.

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Draconic Aiur

old video watched all of it because Richard Dawkins not the dumbdumb

peacewithoutgod

This is why I love Dawkins - say what you will of him, but who else has had the grace to deal with these morons so patiently, exposing them for what they really are? Other than Bill Maher, who mocks the piss out of them, I think that's about it.
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

AllPurposeAtheist

Pretty obvious she evolved just recently from a babblingitiotus..into the common babbling idiot. 
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Solitary on September 02, 2015, 10:29:19 AM
WarningYour head may explode if you watch all of this, if you actually can.   :wall: So sad that someone can be this stupid and self-righteous. Even my Catholic wife couldn't watch it  for more than minute because, as she said. "the woman is an idiot.
I tend to doubt that this one is truly an idiot, as she's shown she can be far too clever for a true believer - the smug grin on her face, the uber-cat tone, and her willingness to stoop to any perversion of reason to get ahead shouts out "SOCIOPATH". But I had to watch her for a bit before I arrived at that conclusion. Now I'm recovering from PTSD, again!

EDIT:
Whether she's an idiot or just an opportunistic asshole, I found an interesting line worth remembering:
Dawkins: Where did you study science?
Wright:  Well you see, that's the point - scientists are now claiming that they are the only ones who can speak on this issue

Scientists never made it a fucking issue, creationists did! They would use that word, and chances are you never would if you are arguing in favor of science. So if a creationist tries to drag you into an argument, and uses the word "issue", there's a point where you can end it. Ask why they have to make such an issue of science, and then stand back because exploding heads can be very messy!

Also, "Evolution", used as if it that means something other than actual science.
"...schools are only allowed to teach evolution"
Besides this being obviously false, natural selection happens to be scientific, and other ideas may be scientific, but until you come up with a different idea which actually is scientific, please shut your pie hole!

"Teach the controversy!"
Why? Controversies do abound in science, and most of these are left out of the classroom short of the collegiate level. There's a lot of good sense in teaching only what is most likely to be true, which is what most scientists agree on. In a science classroom, children should learn ideas which are rooted in science, not theocratic and wishful fantasy, or the politics of those with a misanthropic world view (e.g. "If a person believes he is related to a monkey, he will behave like a monkey"). They learn plenty on controversy when they study the history of science, and they really don't need to see their parents behaving like contrarian children beneath their own level of intellectual development.

Going back on

"If a person believes he is related to a monkey, he will act like a monkey"

Also,
"We don't want to live in a society based on the Darwin philosophy", right after it was explained in crystal-clear terms that Dawkins isn't interested in that either,

.....maybe these people really are sincere idiots. There really does seem to be severe cognitive dissonance regarding the difference between philosophy and the reality of science. Hmmmm....Nope! They are the difference between people who try and truly fix problems for the long term, and those who will try to make as much money as those who do that by covering up the symptoms, dirt cheap and profitable. Where reality stinks, science works to remove that odor by investigating the causative source and finding a solution to stop it. The religious solution is like a cardboard rearview-mirror car deoderizer, hanging in a busy sewer!

Dawkins: "...go to the Smithsonian...open your eyes and look at the facts!"
Wright: "...open your eyes, go to our communities and see..."

:wall:
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Munch

I remember when first seeing this video and thinking how happy it makes me feel, that at any time in life if I doubt myself in my ability to figure out things, I am still ten times smarter then this woman, or people like her.
Thats what great about creationism, it shows you the true level of desperation people have in themselves when conformed to a rigid ideology, how popping that bubble is so hard for them they need that security blanket around them in order to function, that blanket being denial, ignorance and complacency
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

I like when people like her accuse me of being arrogant while they stand there with a silly grin of self righteous gloat.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Ace101

Dollars to donuts says that none of the creationist leaders believe anything they say - they're just Machiavellian con men (and women) like L Ron Hubbard.

Some of the sheep themselves may actually believe the nonsense out of pure ignorance, but I have my doubts that anyone with more than a 6th grade education really believes deep down it if they've spent more than 2 seconds thinking about it. More likely they're motivated by a "want" or "need" to believe it - such as having no friends or family outside of some fundamental Baptist church and knowing they'd be excommunicated for ever truly speaking their mind.

Baruch

Don't discount the possibility of crank savants.  They think they have insight into something they haven't really studied well, and think they are geniuses .. like Wile E Coyote.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.