You know when you haven't had enough sleep when......

Started by Deidre32, August 31, 2015, 07:19:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deidre32

...you are looking for the ''like'' button on your business emails.

Yes, I not only did that today, but called IT and asked where the 'like' button went to. The guy was like...'seriously?' I said, 'Yea, what do you mean seriously?' He said, 'you do realize you are talking about email, right?'

Then, I laughed myself silly. He didn't think it was funny.  :rotflmao:

I honestly need sleep.

Your turn, what STUPID thing have you done because you were sleep deprived?  :eek:
The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Mike Cl

Quote from: Deidre32 on August 31, 2015, 07:19:00 PM

Yes, I not only did that today, but called IT and asked where the 'like' button went to. The guy was like...'seriously?' I said, 'Yea, what do you mean seriously?' He said, 'you do realize you are talking about email, right?'

I honestly need sleep.

Your turn, what STUPID thing have you done because you were sleep deprived?  :eek:
got up.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Deidre32

The only lasting beauty, is the beauty of the heart. - Rumi

Mike Cl

I honestly need sleep.

We have taken in a rescued 6 mo. (we think--but who knows), unpotty trained puppy.  So, lack of sleep and I now go hand-in-hand.  You know what they say--no good deed goes unpunished.  But I'm retired, so puppy and I do take naps. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

aitm

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 31, 2015, 09:03:53 PM
We have taken in a rescued 6 mo. (we think--but who knows), unpotty trained puppy.  So, lack of sleep and I now go hand-in-hand.  You know what they say--no good deed goes unpunished.  But I'm retired, so puppy and I do take naps. 
This is one of those instances where I wish we could say, "god bless you"….if it actually meant anything… Good for you.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

peacewithoutgod

I honestly need sleep.

Poured my OJ on a bowl of cereal.

Made the coffee without the carafe in or without water

Almost poured bottle of hot sauce into cup of coffee.

Let out a huge fart - oh, it wasn't a fart!
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

PickelledEggs

I put cayenne pepper in my oatmeal once instead of cinnamon... I use a lot of cinnamon when I eat oatmeal, so needless to say I was pretty frightened about it when I put a spoonful of death slop in my mouth.

Mike Cl

Quote from: aitm on August 31, 2015, 09:27:06 PM
This is one of those instances where I wish we could say, "god bless you"….if it actually meant anything… Good for you.
Well, thanks.  She will end up being worth the time and effort.  Right now she is a 9lb ball of fluff and piss (and poop)---and life.  She has a great nature.  I just did not think I'd be doing the puppy thing again.  Well, we just do what we gotta do. 

peacewithoutgod

I honestly need sleep.

You can't be that tired if you remember what you did  :eyes:
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Hydra009

Quote from: Deidre32 on August 31, 2015, 07:19:00 PMYour turn, what STUPID thing have you done because you were sleep deprived?  :eek:
Literally everything I ever do is while sleep debuffed.

I was cooking recently and tried to move the food processor by grabbing it from the top, firmly grasping the very sharp blades.  I really put a lot of force behind it before it finally dawned on me that I was harming myself.  I looked in horror at my bleeding hand and raced to the bathroom to wash it off, slipped and fell on the floor.  The noise woke up my roommate, who came to see what was the matter.  He saw me on the floor, blood everywhere, mumbling about "sharp thing me hurt".  We laughed about it afterward.

Also, the first aid session for that was like Predator 2 when the Predator falls into an apartment building and pours neon green goo over his wounds while roaring in pain.

hrdlr110

Quote from: PickelledEggs on August 31, 2015, 09:51:17 PM
I put cayenne pepper in my oatmeal once instead of cinnamon... I use a lot of cinnamon when I eat oatmeal, so needless to say I was pretty frightened about it when I put a spoonful of death slop in my mouth.

I'll bet you that i use more!  I love cinnamon!  I'm in Norway at the moment,  via Sweden,  and was so excited to have cinnamon rolls in Sweden, only to find out they also use cardamon. Yuk!
I did go to the abba museum tho. .....if I could figure out how to pm a photo I'd send one to Brian37 - i took some with him in mind!
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

Solitary

Being in the back of a car parts store begging God to let me sleep after doing Crystal meth for the first time. I don't understand how anyone can like that drug. Opium I can understand, and will never take it again because it is too damned good, and I know I would get hooked on it. I've had morphine mainlined in the hospital and morphine pills together for unbearable pain, and as good as it was, it isn't like smoking opium. Sometime things can be too good in life, and you have to know when not to, like wanting to have sex with a woman with aides or VD, or getting married. Keep the cards and letters coming!  :butt:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Mike Cl

Quote from: hrdlr110 on September 01, 2015, 08:50:39 AM
I'll bet you that i use more!  I love cinnamon!  I'm in Norway at the moment,  via Sweden,  and was so excited to have cinnamon rolls in Sweden, only to find out they also use cardamon. Yuk!
I did go to the abba museum tho. .....if I could figure out how to pm a photo I'd send one to Brian37 - i took some with him in mind!
Love me so ABBA!  Since you are in Norway, you must see Vigeland Park.  If you like or appreciate statues, this is a must see!  It's in Oslo.

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

drunkenshoe

Looking for my glasses when I am wearing them. I did that twice in my life. I guess that's a classic. I am very bad with sleep deprivation, I just fall and sleep. Zero strength against that.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp