News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

HOLY SMOKE!!

Started by Gerard, March 13, 2013, 12:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerard

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"ETA: And it was awkward as fuck being called BarkAtTheMoon in real life.

:-D

That's why my username is actually my real name too!

Gerard

Gerard

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"Well....the play by play about the bird sitting on the chimney is more interesting than the play by play of the pope vote.

Birdie still there..... It's getting darker there now!

Gerard

Gerard

Ahhh... It seems the bird got tired of waiting....

Gerard

Brian37

Quote from: "Gerard"You can watch a live feed of a chimney in Rome:

http://us.cnn.com/video/?/video/cvplive ... cvpstream1

Gerard

SO THE FUCK WHAT!

I can also watch a child in a preschool playroom pretend to have a tea party with invisible friends. When adults pretend it is insulting. Otherwise just because I fancy a blowjob from Angelina Jolie must mean I will get one because the idea sounds nice.

As a former Catholic it does not matter how "pretty" the superstition is, you are not dealing with reality here. You are dealing with adults in a delusional case of "lets pretend". The ancient Egyptians were full of adults too, but that did not make the sun a god.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Brian37

Quote from: "Gerard"Ahhh... It seems the bird got tired of waiting....

[ Image ]

Gerard

Meanwhile while global media panders to superstition, tens of thousands of kids die from starvation or disease in Africa. And crime and war and death still exist as they always have. But somehow, magically, staring at a fucking pipe will bring peace to the world when it is obvious the track record of this tradition has failed to deliver.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Gerard

Since the bird watching seems to be over I'll use my bandwidth for more useful things now... Next scheduled smoke moment should be in about half an hour from what I've heard.....

Gerard

Gerard

White smoke people!

Gerard

Brian37

Quote from: "Gerard"White smoke people!

Gerard

GOODY OH GOODY the comic book fan club chose an new president. In other news, building Pyramids did not make the sun a god.

Gerard

Jorge Mario Bergoglio. From Argentina. His parents were Italian. He will be known as Francis I. Never heard of him before..... And a Jesuit, which is unusual...

Gerard

caseagainstfaith

So, should we start a new thread on the new pope, or just keep this one going.  I don't really give much of a fuck, but, I guess I am slightly curious as to how much of a prick he is.
Please visit my site at http://www.caseagainstfaith.com  featuring critiques of Lee Strobel and other apologetics.

BarkAtTheMoon

Francis I? Glorious. We get to use this all the time now:

"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Hydra009

Quote from: "caseagainstfaith"So, should we start a new thread on the new pope, or just keep this one going.  I don't really give much of a fuck, but, I guess I am slightly curious as to how much of a prick he is.
Me, too!  I'm curious to see what dirt comes out about him to the press.  I'm pretty sure he won't be able to top Ratzinger there, but you never know...

To wikipedia!

*waits patiently*

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "Brian37"SO THE FUCK WHAT!

I can also watch a child in a preschool playroom pretend to have a tea party with invisible friends. When adults pretend it is insulting. Otherwise just because I fancy a blowjob from Angelina Jolie must mean I will get one because the idea sounds nice.

As a former Catholic it does not matter how "pretty" the superstition is, you are not dealing with reality here. You are dealing with adults in a delusional case of "lets pretend". The ancient Egyptians were full of adults too, but that did not make the sun a god.

Because as irrelevant as it is in terms of spirituality and the afterlife, the Roman Catholic Church is the single largest denomination of Christianity and probably the largest single religious group in the world.  Without any reference to anything supernatural it is still a large and powerful organization in purely earthly terms.

Therefore the leader of the Church is of interest simply for political reasons.

Similar to how people outside the US are impacted by the election of the US president.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

AllPurposeAtheist

So the cardinals reved up that old Chevy Vega till the head gasket blew white smoke.. And in other news.. It's still fucking cold here...dammit. :|
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "Gerard"That bird is still sitting there..... Perhaps he should be the new pope. To please the GULLible.....

hmmm.

Gerard

:rollin:

that's pathetic
I agree.  We need to vote on a new forum administrator, someone who can take the job seriously.