News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

HOLY SMOKE!!

Started by Gerard, March 13, 2013, 12:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"
Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"10 bucks some catholic douchebag got butthurt offended and complained, and someone will probably be fired over that joke.

I'll see your $10 and raise you $20.   Or we could just trade shots of Jamesons till we laugh at Catholics? Whatdoya say?
It is almost St. Patrick's Day, so Jamesons is the appropriate drink. I might have to make mine car bombs, though. You're on.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Gerard

New drinking game for people that appreciate moderation.... Take a sip every time smoke billows from that chimney!

Gerard

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Gerard"When I first looked it was called "waiting for holy smoke". Made me chuckle. Now it is called "awaiting the Cardinals decision"..... Not nearly as effective I think.

Gerard

No. You're right.   **Holy Smoke** is much funnier.

As the American unit weighs in towards a more liberal, make-fun-at-yourself catholic agenda for the new era.  
Which I'm all for as long as the new American-Liberal Catholic agenda includes legally processing child abusers and observing some sort of faction which disallows future child abuse.

just sayin...............
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Gerard"New drinking game for people that appreciate moderation.... Take a sip every time smoke billows from that chimney!

Gerard

I still say people from this forum should gather and drink together at some point.  A nice island in the Bahamas would be nice.

Gerard

Hmmmm..... 6 PM, four voting rounds and still no 'habemus papam'. This was the round in which Benedict was elected back then....

This means they will eventually probably go for a dark horse....

Gerard

Gerard

Quote from: "Gerard"New drinking game for people that appreciate moderation.... Take a sip every time smoke billows from that chimney!

Gerard

I still say people from this forum should gather and drink together at some point.  A nice island in the Bahamas would be nice.

That would be nice. The only member of this forum I ever met in the flesh is Jutter!

Gerard

BarkAtTheMoon

Gerard

Probably a couple years ago now, some of the west coasters had a meet up or two. I met a bunch of the Philly area folks years ago in the IG.com days when Dawkins was in town to do a reading and Q & A for The God Delusion, and then did an interview with the RRS. I was the camera man for the interview.

Meet ups really should happen more often than they do.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Gerard

Quote from: "Gerard"That bird is still sitting there..... Perhaps he should be the new pope. To please the GULLible.....

hmmm.

Gerard

:rollin:

that's pathetic

I know.... I'm in a pathetic mood right now. It'll pass.....

Gerard

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Gerard"
Quote from: "Gerard"That bird is still sitting there..... Perhaps he should be the new pope. To please the GULLible.....

hmmm.

Gerard

that's pathetic

I know.... I'm in a pathetic mood right now. It'll pass.....

Gerard

It's either sad or a sign of my age that I'm not only getting your crazy jokes - but that I'm appreciating them.  I fear we're in the same boat of pathetic, hon.

but........meh...........at least we're honest about it.

:-"

BarkAtTheMoon

Just noticed the "GULLable" part. Wow, Gerard. Just....wow.  :lol:

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "BarkAtTheMoon"Just noticed the "GULLable" part. Wow, Gerard. Just....wow.  :lol:

see?  I said it's pathetic that I'm getting his jokes.

Plu

QuoteMeet ups really should happen more often than they do.

It feels so silly to have a meetup with people with whom you've probably no more in common then not believing in the same thing :P

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "Plu"
QuoteMeet ups really should happen more often than they do.

It feels so silly to have a meetup with people with whom you've probably no more in common then not believing in the same thing :P

True, but it's still a bunch of people we've been having conversations with for years. It's almost just as weird not meeting up in person at some point.

ETA: And it was awkward as fuck being called BarkAtTheMoon in real life.

Gerard

Bird still on chimney..... been sitting there for half an hour now.....

Gerard

BarkAtTheMoon

Well....the play by play about the bird sitting on the chimney is more interesting than the play by play of the pope vote.