News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

If women can do everything men can do...

Started by Hijiri Byakuren, August 30, 2015, 10:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

...then why have they never succeeded at oppressing the male population?

CHECKMATE, FEMINISTS!
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

drunkenshoe

LOOOOOOOL...

Ahem.. define opression please? :P
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 30, 2015, 10:33:47 PM
LOOOOOOOL...

Ahem.. define opression please?
When's the last time you saw a country full of men wearing burkas who could be stoned to death if a woman raped them?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 30, 2015, 10:36:48 PM
When's the last time you saw a country full of men wearing burkas who could be stoned to death if a woman raped them?

That's just a violent part of oppression widely advertised since 9/11 and that's all.

It really doesn't cut, what it's gender oppression over all.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

TomFoolery

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on August 30, 2015, 10:30:22 PM
...then why have they never succeeded at oppressing the male population?

CHECKMATE, FEMINISTS!

Have males oppressed the male population?
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Shiranu

Quote from: TomFoolery on August 30, 2015, 11:22:26 PM
Have males oppressed the male population?

I would say yes. Though if so... you could say females have oppressed the female and male population in their own ways as well.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Wait,  what about the planets and far away places in fiction where the women are always the oppressors? Oh wait ..keyword: fiction
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on August 30, 2015, 11:51:49 PM
I would say yes. Though if so... you could say females have oppressed the female and male population in their own ways as well.

Agreed.

jonb

There still exist a small number of societies where women traditionally have all the property rights etc, but they are very rare so if you wish we can put them to one side.
However it is not quite checkmate as the OP thinks.
If a male has no experience of female domination then, a male cannot be a fair arbiter of what constitutes a level playing field between the two sexes, and therefore has neutralised any input they may want to bring to such a discussion. So in such a discussion if we proceed with this thinking the only voice with any credibility would be the voice of the feminist.

As such all the OP has done is present a good case why he should be ignored.

SoldierofFortune

You see man made the cars
To take us over the road
Man made the train
To carry the heavy load

Man made the electric light
To take us out of the dark
Man made the boat for the water
Like Noah made the ark

This is a man's, man's, man's world

dtq123

Men are from earth. Women are from earth.
Deal with it.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Solitary

My lips have been sealed by nice feminist here that let me hear them roar :lipsrsealed:!
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Pretty sure Hijiri is being sarcastic to get a rise out of people. And people responded.

:clap:

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: jonb on August 31, 2015, 06:37:16 AM
There still exist a small number of societies where women traditionally have all the property rights etc, but they are very rare so if you wish we can put them to one side.
However it is not quite checkmate as the OP thinks.
If a male has no experience of female domination then, a male cannot be a fair arbiter of what constitutes a level playing field between the two sexes, and therefore has neutralised any input they may want to bring to such a discussion. So in such a discussion if we proceed with this thinking the only voice with any credibility would be the voice of the feminist.

As such all the OP has done is present a good case why he should be ignored.
You do realize which section of the forum we're in, right? :P