Main Menu

Wealth distribution

Started by Plu, March 13, 2013, 12:11:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

Oh damnit. Why did you have to bring this idiot back :(

Xerographica

Quote from: "Plu"Oh damnit. Why did you have to bring this idiot back :(
It's been a while...but did you ever acknowledge that the preference revelation problem is a real problem?

Plu

Yes, but that doesn't change your lack of a working solution for it.

Xerographica

Quote from: "Plu"Yes, but that doesn't change your lack of a working solution for it.
The preference revelation problem is a real problem...but allowing taxpayers to shop for themselves (reveal their preferences) in the public sector is not the solution?

Plu

Nope. But that's been explained to you a million times and you refuse to think about what you're actually suggesting, so I'm not going to reiterate it.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "Xerographica"The preference revelation problem is a real problem...but allowing taxpayers to shop for themselves (reveal their preferences) in the public sector is not the solution?

Xerographica

Quote from: "Plu"Nope. But that's been explained to you a million times and you refuse to think about what you're actually suggesting, so I'm not going to reiterate it.
The preference revelation problem means that the government supplies the wrong quantities of public goods.  Why are the quantities wrong?  Because they don't accurately reflect people's true preferences.  If we want the quantities to be correct, then we should simply allow taxpayers to spend their own tax dollars on the public goods that they want more of.

It's really simple.  The allocation of resources should reflect people's preferences.  In other words, supply should be determined by demand.  The alternative...supply determining demand...is complete nonsense.  

The amount of resources allocated to this forum should reflect the demand for this one use of society's limited resources...not the other way around.    

Where's the difficulty?

Plu

In all the other responses people made to your crap. Like I said; I'm not going to reiterate it. It's all there. Read. Understand. Refute. Then we can talk.

Anyone, who ever, under any circumstance, looks at something happening in reality, and utters the words "It's really simple", is full of shit. No exceptions.

Xerographica

Quote from: "Plu"In all the other responses people made to your crap. Like I said; I'm not going to reiterate it. It's all there. Read. Understand. Refute. Then we can talk.

Anyone, who ever, under any circumstance, looks at something happening in reality, and utters the words "It's really simple", is full of shit. No exceptions.
Shopping/spending is demand and demand is the same thing as "preferences".  If people can't shop then we can't know what the demand is.  If we don't know what the demand is then it's impossible for the correct quantities of any good to be supplied.  If we want the correct quantities of public goods to be supplied...then taxpayers should be allowed to shop in the public sector.  How is it not simple?

And feel free to continue to refer to other people's responses to my arguments.  I'm sure that will win you some points with plenty of people.

Plu

This is my last post. I'll sum it up for you again.

1) You're a fucking idiot
2) Read all the responses to your previous posts to find out why
3) There is nothing simple about reality.
4) If you disagree with 3), see 1)

Xerographica

Quote from: "Plu"This is my last post. I'll sum it up for you again.

1) You're a fucking idiot
2) Read all the responses to your previous posts to find out why
3) There is nothing simple about reality.
4) If you disagree with 3), see 1)
Sure reality is complex...yet you're under the impression that 300 congresspeople portray it more accurately than 300 million people could.  Yet you call me an idiot.  That's funny.    

I'm going to guess that you were raised as an atheist.