Church in Dixon Illinois to get a fig leaf.

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, August 29, 2015, 07:11:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

QuoteOfficials from the Christian Science Church in Dixon, Illinois are upset after a satellite image from Google Maps began to go viral, showing their new church had a rather unusual shape.

Originally designed around an old oak tree, the design has provided a lot of laughs amongst online communities. But, no more! Representatives say they intend to give the building a "fig leaf" as soon as possible:

The Church recently moved into their new premises, but failed to notice the phallic design until one resident looked at the building from an aerial position using Google Earth and posted a screen grab online.

Established in 1903, Christian Science teaches "love, growth and spiritual healing" based on teachings from the bible and the writings of founder Mary Baker Eddy. The phallus shaped church also has the slogan "rising up" as its motto.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

For what it's worth, during my Lutheran Confirmation, the Pastor showed us a floor plan of the church and told us all churches (Lutheran, anyway) were built with a floor plan shaped like a cross.  Our's was missing one arm of the cross, because they ran out of funds.  So it's a good idea to look at your floor plans every once in a while, or God know's what it might look like.  Clearly this was a Freudian slip sort of thing.  Deep down, the builder knew what he was doing all along.  The church is now an abomination onto God, and will have to be sold.  One must always be vigilant of the Devil and his ways.

Solitary

So it is shaped like a penis and scrotum, so what? A Christian cross can be construed as being a symbol of an erect penis, and a Virgin Mary statue viewed from the back looks like a dildo.  I can't believe the designer of the church looking at the blue prints didn't notice what it looked like. It will always amaze me that people get upset about nudity and phallic symbols, but adore a cross, or a crucifix depicting a man being tortured to death.  :madu:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

dtq123

A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

aitm

not to mention the "fish" and the vagina….gotta love that one.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Munch

Quote from: Solitary on August 29, 2015, 08:19:46 PM
So it is shaped like a penis and scrotum, so what? A Christian cross can be construed as being a symbol of an erect penis, and a Virgin Mary statue viewed from the back looks like a dildo.  I can't believe the designer of the church looking at the blue prints didn't notice what it looked like. It will always amaze me that people get upset about nudity and phallic symbols, but adore a cross, or a crucifix depicting a man being tortured to death.  :madu:

The world needs more penis in it, like our friends in Japan know.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Solitary

Quote from: aitm on August 29, 2015, 08:24:25 PM
not to mention the "fish" and the vagina….gotta love that one.
Being funny with an Italian friend of mine's brother, I walked by a fig tree and pointed out the figa's on it.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.