LGBT Activist endorses Dan Cathy and Chick Fil A

Started by Paradox, March 13, 2013, 01:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paradox

So as many of you know, Chick Fil A went under some scrutiny this summer of a few remarks from Dan Cathy... On top of all that, Chick Fil A has been protested heavily in the past for donating to a variety of anti-gay organizations.... Well a HUGE LGBT activist has recently befriended Dan Cathy and has shockingly stopped protesting Chick Fil A, and in fact seems to even endorse it.

This is an interesting article that gave me a new perspective on Chick Fil A... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shane-l-w ... 64379.html

Even if you don't read the whole thing, the thing that surprised me the most was the fact that Chick Fil A apparently stopped donating to the groups they have been criticized for donating to as of 2011! This is coming from the mouth... err fingers... of Shane Windemeyer himself.

Anyway, I am not saying anyone should stop their dismay of Chick Fil A in any way, but I did think it was worth investigating!

Hydra009

It's somewhat old news.  And heaven knows if they aren't still funding this stuff more discreetly.

Personally, I never boycotted Chick-fil-a over gay marriage.  I was already boycotting them because of their crappy hours (no Sundays) and crappy food (I swear someone could've fallen in the peanut oil and I honestly wouldn't know the difference).  Their waffle fries are passable, however.

At best, they're still McFundy.  I'll pass.

Brian37

What? My owner at work came in one day with a bag of that crap, fucking pissed me off.

Not sure what to make of this post here though. Are you saying or catching wind that the ranks may be breaking in that company about being anti gay?
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AxisMundi

Quote from: "Hydra009"It's somewhat old news.  And heaven knows if they aren't still funding this stuff more discreetly.

Personally, I never boycotted Chick-fil-a over gay marriage.  I was already boycotting them because of their crappy hours (no Sundays) and crappy food (I swear someone could've fallen in the peanut oil and I honestly wouldn't know the difference).  Their waffle fries are passable, however.

At best, they're still McFundy.  I'll pass.

Luckily, we don;t have any 'round here, but when I went visiting relatives a while ago, they were like "You gotta try this place, it's great food!"

Didn't have the heart to tell them it tasted like rewarmed shit.

NitzWalsh

Should have a homosexual kiss-in at the chick fil a... I've never seen a chick fil a. I don't think they'd last very long here if they didn't stay open on Sunday. A Christian Grocery store tried to open up here a few years ago and was forced out of business because the local shoppers boycotted it for not being open on Sunday's.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

AllPurposeAtheist

So Danny Boy polished his knob, eh? What else is new?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Savior2006

Yay.........

....I'm still not going to eat there.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano