Anyone else fed up with anthropomorphize animal movies?

Started by Munch, August 27, 2015, 06:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Speaking as someone who, while not a furry really, I am someone who is close to furries, both boyfriends and friends, and in games like world of warcraft and other mmos, I do play the anthro characters often, so I can understand the fandom for furries and anthro characters, the same as I do bronies and mlp fans.

That said, maybe its just me, but I've grown a kind of disdain now for companies like Pixar and other animation studios, who seem to keep producing the same theme for movies over and over and over again, taking an animal, be it a parrot, dog, cat, insect, lion, bear whatever, and anthropomorphize it, making it human, and boom working a movie around this.

The funny thing is, I grew up on this concept of anthropomorphized movies, ones like the secret of nimh, an american tail, the cat in the hat, and any dozen disney movies like lion king, bambi, bazil the great mouse detective and so on.

I think my peeve comes from how much I hate seeing traditional animation being replaced by cgi everywhere now, and how though that these animation companies just crap out one anthropomorphize animal movie after another with no substance.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

My personal solution is that I just don't watch them.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

TomFoolery

I would have liked Madagascar a lot more if Ben Stiller Alex had eaten Chris Rock Marty. Just kidding. Although, let's face it, shielding kids from the truth about life on the African savanna serves no purpose other than to tell a story that will taint their views on wild animals.

This is why I don't have children.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

drunkenshoe

I don't like it when always the same kind of animals are characterised as 'evil' personas. Like hyenas, snakes...etc. I think they passed that a bit though, ecause they needed variety. But none of them are as annoying or harmful as the animated films with female child characters designed as adult female bodies and body language.

There is nothing more disguting than a character like little mermaid. A little girl with a woman body and a posture. Or girls with anorexic, impossible body shapes. Doesn't matter how fantastical and out of reality they are made, that builds an ill, unrealistic body image in girls. Not to mention countless princess animations and movies. Altogether, they make a specially designed 'tool box' to raise unhealthy women.

Probably, the reason that there is a rise in anthropomorphised animal animations is that in the last years, there are always hot discussions about the characters in movies done for kids -esp. how they look like- the dominant race used...etc. Also some sort of neutralisation.

It's 'safe' to make an animation of that sort. Nobody is going to argue why a bear is brown and fat or a cat is blonde and graceful.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp