News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Religion causes war and should be elliminated.

Started by usalabs14, March 12, 2013, 10:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Savior2006

Quote from: "usalabs14"First, I've been an atheist since I can remember, and I believe in one world, one unity, meaning, total peace and everyone living and helping each other, no religion, no weapons, no borders, this planet is for everyone, regardless of color or creed.

Look at history and the present, wars happen because of religion, Hitler persecuted the Jews, the Irish fought each other (Catholic against Protestant), everyone says their region is the truth, and war breaks out because of it, look at most of the so called cults and organizations that have formed since as early as 1815 all based on religion, and the wars that are caused are all fought for the sake of religion.

Think about this, if current technology permitted us to travel the universe and found a very primitive planet, but it's inhabitants are socially acceptable, but we showed them something that's 1000 years ahead of their time, they would consider us gods, because the technology wouldn't even be thought of, and we wrote a book explaining would "could" happen if they didn't change their ways (much as the USA are telling Iraq), but someone saw that book and found out we are as human as they are and can be hurt, thus a group of people wanted to keep peace and decided these so called "gods" are not wanted and did the only thing they could do at the time, and since then, the book as been re-written, written again, words twisted, and re-written again and again, and over the centuries, the REAL truth has been completely wiped out.

As it's said, keep telling the same lie, and it becomes indistinguishable from the truth, and people would believe the various versions and make up their own meanings to them.

So, to conclude, if this world was totally without religion, there would be peace, and tranquility, everyone helping each other, there would be no famine, because countries would help each other, nobody would be helpless, as the strong would help the weak, people would be able to travel across countries with no boundaries, everyone would be able to communicate regardless of where they life, because people would teach each other their languages , THIS!! is the world as it should be, maybe it'll happen in 10,000 years when mankind has finally near but wiped themselves out, and the true people of peace will grow.

I really wish people would take their anti-psychotics before posting on this forum.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

jonnytexas

Religion will continue to grow less important in future generations lives.  As long as we don't allow church states science will continue to marginalize religion.
You mean all I have to do is say "sorry God" and all is forgiven?....I\'m gonna have some fun then

ticdog

Religion is a tool of humans to control other humans .. the greed and hate and envy
still exist without religion .. Red China has outlawed religious gatherings but that does not mean I would want to be a citizen .  

The best way to create a human utopia is to limit the number of baby's born , how this happens is a mystery to me but sometime in the future that is what has to happen to save the planet and create a more content population.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

NitzWalsh

There is no way to create a human utopia. Utopian societies only exist in science fiction.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
~ Arthur C. Clarke

ticdog

QuoteThere is no way to create a human utopia. Utopian societies only exist in science fiction

Utopianism refers to the various ways in which people think about, depict, and attempt to create a perfect society. Utopian thought deals with morality, ethics, psychology, and political philosophy, and often originates from the belief that reason and intelligence can bring about the betterment of society. It is usually characterized by optimism that an ideal society is possible. Utopianism plays an important role in motivating social and political change.
Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Sal1981

Quote from: "usalabs14"First, I've been an atheist since I can remember, and I believe in one world, one unity, meaning, total peace and everyone living and helping each other, no religion, no weapons, no borders, this planet is for everyone, regardless of color or creed.
Admirable. Despite being admirable though, it's not very realistic considering human nature.

Quote from: "usalabs14"Look at history and the present, wars happen because of religion, Hitler persecuted the Jews, the Irish fought each other (Catholic against Protestant), everyone says their region is the truth, and war breaks out because of it, look at most of the so called cults and organizations that have formed since as early as 1815 all based on religion, and the wars that are caused are all fought for the sake of religion.
Saying stuff like "religion causes war" is, sorry to say, missing the point. War is a state of conflict between two parties, yes, but the underlying causes for war are always about aggression; be it religion, political ideology, greed (fight over resources), or what have you ... they are mere triggers for a state of war. It's very possible to have 2 competing populations based on aforementioned without war, as long as there's tolerance. Although this isn't even a general rule, since there could be more factors for war (conflict), mind you.

Quote from: "usalabs14"Think about this, if current technology permitted us to travel the universe and found a very primitive planet, but it's inhabitants are socially acceptable, but we showed them something that's 1000 years ahead of their time, they would consider us gods, because the technology wouldn't even be thought of, and we wrote a book explaining would "could" happen if they didn't change their ways (much as the USA are telling Iraq), but someone saw that book and found out we are as human as they are and can be hurt, thus a group of people wanted to keep peace and decided these so called "gods" are not wanted and did the only thing they could do at the time, and since then, the book as been re-written, written again, words twisted, and re-written again and again, and over the centuries, the REAL truth has been completely wiped out.
I don't follow this hypothetical scenario. Apart from that anything technologically complex enough and without understanding becomes indistinguishable from magic sort of deal.

Quote from: "usalabs14"As it's said, keep telling the same lie, and it becomes indistinguishable from the truth, and people would believe the various versions and make up their own meanings to them.
A sad trait of weak-willed humans.

Quote from: "usalabs14"So, to conclude, if this world was totally without religion, there would be peace, and tranquility, everyone helping each other, there would be no famine, because countries would help each other, nobody would be helpless, as the strong would help the weak, people would be able to travel across countries with no boundaries, everyone would be able to communicate regardless of where they life, because people would teach each other their languages , THIS!! is the world as it should be, maybe it'll happen in 10,000 years when mankind has finally near but wiped themselves out, and the true people of peace will grow.
We'd find some other shit to fight over.