Kid Gloves Atheism and Eastern Philosophy

Started by CrucifyCindy, August 24, 2015, 02:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nihil-ist

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on August 26, 2015, 10:06:17 AM
Take the advice of a nihil-ist on drug use, and you deserve what you get!

Nihlism is what atheism is unjustly equated with in America.

ni·hil·ism (nī'il-izm, nī'hi-lizm),
1. In psychiatry, the delusion of the nonexistence of everything, especially of the self or part of the self.
2. Engagement in acts that are totally destructive to one's own purposes and those of one's group.
[L. nihil, nothing]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012

I made this account when I was a depressed nihilist.
I'm a human being now and I fucking love it.
"At some point in human history there were no gods."
"Deus est mortuus logica obtinet"

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Nihil-ist on August 26, 2015, 10:11:32 AM
I made this account when I was a depressed nihilist.
I'm a human being now and I fucking love it.
Well, I'm sincerely glad that you're a human and love being that! Why then do you keep on posting the drivel of nihlism?
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Nihil-ist

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on August 26, 2015, 10:16:46 AM
Well, I'm sincerely glad that you're a human and love being that! Why then do you keep on posting the drivel of nihlism?

You don't even know what it is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism
QuoteA key idea here is that human existence is in some way 'on its own'; anxiety (or anguish) is the recognition of this fact. Anxiety here has two important implications. First, most generally, many existentialists tended to stress the significance of emotions or feelings, in so far as they were presumed to have a less culturally or intellectually mediated relation to one's individual and separate existence. This idea is found in Kierkegaard, as we mentioned above, and in Heidegger's discussion of 'mood'; it is also one reason why existentialism had an influence on psychology. Second, anxiety also stands for a form of existence that is recognition of being on its own. What is meant by 'being on its own' varies among philosophers. For example, it might mean the irrelevance (or even negative influence) of rational thought, moral values, or empirical evidence, when it comes to making fundamental decisions concerning one's existence. As we shall see, Kierkegaard sees Hegel's account of religion in terms of the history of absolute spirit as an exemplary confusion of faith and reason. Alternatively, it might be a more specifically theological claim: the existence of a transcendent deity is not relevant to (or is positively detrimental to) such decisions (a view broadly shared by Nietzsche and Sartre). Finally, being on its own might signify the uniqueness of human existence, and thus the fact that it cannot understand itself in terms of other kinds of existence (Heidegger and Sartre).

Good old christian values still run wild in the atheists too.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Nihil-ist on August 26, 2015, 09:54:32 AM
DMT occurs naturally in your body and all real science being done on these classical psychedelics are proving to be beneficial and very safe as "drugs" LSD, DMT, mushrooms, and mescaline.
These are sacred medicine from nature we are nature too!
Please read aldous huxley and other great psychedelic researchers.

I suffered from depression and anxiety took Xanax till it almost killed me.
Nothing helped. I smoked DMT once and it disappeared.
These substances have the potential to unlock us of our perceived limitations and give us peace with our existence. Truly I see beauty in everyone and everything.
My work days pass with bliss and ease. I didn't think it was possible but it is!
As long as we're sharing anecdotes, here's mine:

I suffered from depression and took Welbutrin until I stabilized. I stopped stressing about my life and my depression eased until it disappeared. I am now unmedicated and see the coolness of life. It is good and worth living.

This is not to say that DMT didn't help you. Maybe it did and still does. That doesn't mean it's right for everyone, or even that it's the best solution for you. It also doesn't mean that DMT is harmless or even less harmful because it's part of your body (natrualistic fallacy); there are plenty of substances that are beneficial to you in smaller quanities and are dangerous in higher quantities â€" alcohol, sugar, any fat-soluable vitamin, selenium, oxygen, fucking water (and I don't mean drowning).

Pharmacology is complicated, psychopharmacology even more so. You are censored data: you took DMT and it produced amazing results for you. Good for you. But what about the poor bastards that took DMT and it did nothing, or even worsened their illness? You don't get to hear about them very often, because clinical depression (which they still have in spite of their self-medication) makes you as if you were a physical cripple. This is why safety and efficacy studies are done. In such studies you get to hear the failures as well as the successes; only then can you properly assess risk.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

peacewithoutgod

HINT: When defining a term, it shouldn't take more than a couple of text lines.

I don't need your in-depth apologetics, nor your spurious conflation of nihlism with other isms such as existentialism. Reality is what works for me, and unlike you I don't deny it, and I don't hide from it, but I do try and make the best that I can of it. Moreover, making the best that we can of reality is the only way that life for humanity on this earth can ever be improved, while those who choose to deny it only get in our way.

Quote from: Nihil-ist on August 26, 2015, 10:26:28 AM
You don't even know what it is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism
Good old christian values still run wild in the atheists too.

There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

Nihil-ist

Well here's your research. DRUGS are a construct.
These substances are our birthright. They were used throughout history then religion destroyed it.
Secular governments enforced it.

It's almost impossible to research these things thanks to the criminal scum at the DEA. They don't give a fuck about safety. Far more people are hurt because they are illegal. They just want to continue to take in tax dollars. We also have private prisons that make money thanks to drug laws and have lobbyist working on harsher sentences. 
They are classed as having no medical value but there's no research to support that.
You have been conned and lied to your whole live and believed it. IT"S LIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3MCBh5kEk0
The truth must lie somewhere in your scripted lines,
Sterilized to keep the sheeple neutralized,
Painted faced corporate puppets propped in place,
To regurgitate propaganda everyday,
Naive ignorance transfixed on the syndicate,
Meticulous programming transmits for the omnipotent,
Altering the thoughts you think are of your own genesis,
Disinfotainment targets all with subliminal influence

Psycological warfare - Secretly waged on millions of people
Fundamental methods of popular control
Ellimination of individual critical thinking
A whole new army of remote controlled drones

Subversionary repetition necessary
For these luminaries to animate your adversaries
Belief systems synthesized by your television
Complete fiction blinds you from your mental prison
Simplistic negligence does not dismiss the consequence
Your symbiosis omits your guise of innocence
Conniving sellouts in a black abyss of arrogance
This verbal impotence insults my fucking intelligence
Mesmerized, your mind entrained, tranquilized
Hypnotized, lethargic state, paralyzed
Traumatized, you will obey, lost inside
Bastardized, you are a slave, dehumanized

You glamorize this new world order paradigm
Lies disguised to fool those you've lobotomized
Hollow clones perpetuate the status quo
You sold your soul to serve the tyrants of control

Rick Strassman is one of the only people who has been allowed to do research on DMT.
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v08n3/08304str.html
Quote1) The "inhabited" nature of the DMT realms. Who or what do our volunteers encounter? Where do "they" reside and what is their nature? How do we address what they "say," or "tell" us? Are they figments of the "imagination" or do they represent denizens of independent, free- standing "alternative" realities?

2) The near-death, or death theme. How is it that people believe they have died, or are near death, on a high dose of DMT? Is this indeed a foretelling of the state encountered at the time or death? Or is it a so-called "near-death experience," whose relevance to actual death is hotly debated?

I have proposed that the pineal gland might produce DMT and other tryptamines at the time of death. If this were the case, might a "dry-run," using "outside administered" DMT, the same compound released at the time of death, provide practice for those either dying, or interested in the dying process?

3) The religious/spiritual nature of the experience. Near- death states share much with mystical/religious experiences. These, then share much with high-dose psychedelic sessions. My years of practice and study with a Buddhist contemplative organization inspired and helped shape my thinking about our DMT work. Now that these sorts of experiences were being had by our volunteers, how would the "rubber meet the road"?

Many senior students had shared with me the importance of their own psychedelic experiences in prompting their pursuit of the monastic, meditative life. Could those same leaders of an organized religion, albeit one based upon mystical consciousness, absorb and hold experiences that traditionally were brought on by what are disparingly referred to as "intoxicants," or the "wine of delusion."

On the other hand, could these drugs be used to help religious practitioners? Or, could they hurt the progress of those practitioners? If these drugs are to be used "religiously," how is the best way to do so?

4) The element of fear that accompanied both of our courageous volunteers' initial entrance to the DMT state. The sudden, unexpected, unpreparable, and totally compelling nature of the shift from normal reality to that of DMT is the "acid test" of one's ability to let go. People's inability to manage this transition seems to be the major ingredient in the development of adverse reaction, to both DMT, and later on, we would find, to psilocybin.

5) My motivations for giving DMT. Was this another example of "research is me-search"? In retrospect, I ought to have given a lower dose than 0.6 mg/kg. We could have gone to 0.4 mg/kg, and then if that weren't "enough," 0.5 or 0.6, depending on how close to "enough" we had gotten. However, as alluded to, there were many conflicting feelings driving my decisions to give 0.6, and as time went on, many more issues involving my relationships to our volunteers emerged. In general, I wondered if I were up to the challenge. Was Pandora's box opened? Should it have been kept shut? Were there greedy and manipulative motives conflicting with altruistic and helpful ones? What effect did giving so much DMT to so many people have on me: personally, psychologically, professionally, spiritually? How did it impact my family?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Nihil-ist on August 26, 2015, 09:54:32 AM

DMT occurs naturally in your body and all real science being done on these classical psychedelics are proving to be beneficial and very safe as "drugs" LSD, DMT, mushrooms, and mescaline.
These are sacred medicine from nature we are nature too!
Please read aldous huxley and other great psychedelic researchers.

I suffered from depression and anxiety took Xanax till it almost killed me.
Nothing helped. I smoked DMT once and it disappeared.
These substances have the potential to unlock us of our perceived limitations and give us peace with our existence. Truly I see beauty in everyone and everything.
My work days pass with bliss and ease. I didn't think it was possible but it is!

Because something is labeled 'natural' or 'naturally occurring' means nothing.  There is not a single substance in the universe that is not natural.  Everything is natural.  So, using that word to make it seem a safe thing to eat or ingest is not being very honest.  Cow shit is natural.  Does not mean I want to eat it.  And because a substance is made in my body does not make it safe for me to add more.  I take insulin but taking too much at once will kill me.   The food we eat acts the same way 'drugs' do in our bodies.  A 'drug' does not make it a magical pill.  All drugs are dangerous--even those already produced by our own bodies.  And they act differently in different bodies.  Every time I take a different drug, it is an experiment; do the benefits outweigh the ill effects?  If so, I continue with it, if not, I stop.   

You, my friend, are a prime example of what I'm trying to say.  Xanax did not work for you--yet it works for many, many others.  And DMT worked for you--and I am very glad for you that it did.  Any relief from pain and suffering is a very good thing.  What I'm saying is that not all substances we take or use work the same for everybody.  Each new substance we use needs to be treated carefully.  If it works for you, then keep taking it.  If not, stop and try something else. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Nihil-ist

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 26, 2015, 11:05:28 AM
Because something is labeled 'natural' or 'naturally occurring' means nothing.  There is not a single substance in the universe that is not natural.  Everything is natural.  So, using that word to make it seem a safe thing to eat or ingest is not being very honest.  Cow shit is natural.  Does not mean I want to eat it.  And because a substance is made in my body does not make it safe for me to add more.  I take insulin but taking too much at once will kill me.   The food we eat acts the same way 'drugs' do in our bodies.  A 'drug' does not make it a magical pill.  All drugs are dangerous--even those already produced by our own bodies.  And they act differently in different bodies.  Every time I take a different drug, it is an experiment; do the benefits outweigh the ill effects?  If so, I continue with it, if not, I stop.   

You, my friend, are a prime example of what I'm trying to say.  Xanax did not work for you--yet it works for many, many others.  And DMT worked for you--and I am very glad for you that it did.  Any relief from pain and suffering is a very good thing.  What I'm saying is that not all substances we take or use work the same for everybody.  Each new substance we use needs to be treated carefully.  If it works for you, then keep taking it.  If not, stop and try something else. 

Xanax is deadly additive after 2 months of use you can suffer permanent seizures.
Taking something everyday that can kill you is a band aid. It doesn't solve your problems it just makes you numb very much like being drunk.
Psychedelics are not addictive in the classical sense. They are extremely safe in terms of LD50.
Since they're illegal you don't know what you're getting and what kind of quality.
I'm an adult I should be able to eat mushrooms in my home if I can jump out of a airplane for fun. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PbhkML007Q

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Nihil-ist on August 26, 2015, 10:58:59 AM
There goes the nihlist again, with his nhilism!

These substances are our birthright. They were used throughout history then religion destroyed it.
Birthright, like all rights, is a construct of sociable animal societies, not of nature. It's real when we decide that it's good, not when we decide that it's real

Here's another hint: If you want to have a serious and productive discussion here, stop assaulting our eyes with the annoying, psychedelic visuals!

It's almost impossible to research these things thanks to the criminal scum at the DEA. They don't give a fuck about safety. Far more people are hurt because they are illegal. They just want to continue to take in tax dollars. We also have private prisons that make money thanks to drug laws and have lobbyist working on harsher sentences. 
They are classed as having no medical value but there's no research to support that.
Most thoughtful Americans are sick of the DEA, we know how bad these arrogant, lying, dick-faced bullies are. So what? YOU raised their existence as a red-herring.

Drug use should not be banned altogether, but carefully regulated. They don't harm everyone who has used them, but they certainly have harmed enough people. Mike CI's ex wasn't the only person who had a very unpleasant experience with drugs so popular as grass, and it could have killed me - my inner ear was thrown off for days, and my nerves didn't know what was really going on. I knew the people who I was smoking with quite well, they were normal and empathetic, smoked it from the same bong, so don't give me that bullshit line "it must have been laced with acid, maaaaan"! I didn't taste much of Mary Fucking Jane, and more of her may have killed me. The problem with those of you who enjoy your drugs as a means of recreation is that they dull your sense of empathy, your perception of reality too, thereby you reject the reality that it harms others, or you simply don't give a fuck - and I already know you well enough that in your case it's at least the latter!

Hijiri Byakuren

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3MCBh5kEk0
The truth must lie somewhere in your scripted lines,
Sterilized to keep the sheeple neutralized,
Painted faced corporate puppets propped in place,
To regurgitate propaganda everyday,
Naive ignorance transfixed on the syndicate,
Meticulous programming transmits for the omnipotent,
Altering the thoughts you think are of your own genesis,
Disinfotainment targets all with subliminal influence

Psycological warfare - Secretly waged on millions of people
Fundamental methods of popular control
Ellimination of individual critical thinking
A whole new army of remote controlled drones

Subversionary repetition necessary
For these luminaries to animate your adversaries
Belief systems synthesized by your television
Complete fiction blinds you from your mental prison
Simplistic negligence does not dismiss the consequence
Your symbiosis omits your guise of innocence
Conniving sellouts in a black abyss of arrogance
This verbal impotence insults my fucking intelligence
Mesmerized, your mind entrained, tranquilized
Hypnotized, lethargic state, paralyzed
Traumatized, you will obey, lost inside
Bastardized, you are a slave, dehumanized

You glamorize this new world order paradigm
Lies disguised to fool those you've lobotomized
Hollow clones perpetuate the status quo
You sold your soul to serve the tyrants of control

Rick Strassman is one of the only people who has been allowed to do research on DMT.
http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v08n3/08304str.html
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Nihil-ist

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on August 26, 2015, 11:22:05 AM
There goes the nihlist again, with his nhilism!
Birthright, like all rights, is a construct of sociable animal societies, not of nature. It's real when we decide that it's good, not when we decide that it's real
Most thoughtful Americans are sick of the DEA, we know how bad these arrogant, lying, dick-faced bullies are. So what? YOU raised their existence as a red-herring.

Drug use should not be banned altogether, but carefully regulated. They don't harm everyone who has used them, but they certainly have harmed enough people. Mike CI's ex wasn't the only person who had a very unpleasant experience with drugs so popular as grass, and it could have killed me - my inner ear was thrown off for days, and my nerves didn't know what was really going on. I knew the people who I was smoking with quite well, they were normal and empathetic, smoked it from the same bong, so don't give me that bullshit line "it must have been laced with acid, maaaaan"! I didn't taste much of Mary Fucking Jane, and more of her may have killed me. The problem with those of you who enjoy your drugs is that they dull your sense of empathy, your perception of reality too, thereby you reject the reality that it harms others, or you simply don't give a fuck - and I already know you well enough that in your case it's at least the latter!

You're spouting your dogma and propaganda.
Psychedelic drugs make you far more emphatic.  You were probably smoking some unknown research chemicals which are quite popular right now thanks to the illegality of drugs.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/how-magic-mushrooms-enlighten-brain-and-improve-psychiatric-conditions-311126
QuotePsilocybin profoundly alters consciousness, rearranging the brain so that new connections between neurons are made, and accessing them becomes easier. This doesn’t occur randomly, but instead, the neurons assume a new order, which brings clarity and new perspectives on old and new thoughts. Those effects are then combined with what scientists have found to be activation in the area of the brain â€" the hippocampus and anterior cingulate cortex â€" responsible for emotion and dreaming. “People often describe taking psilocybin as producing a dreamlike state,” Robin Carhart-Harris, a researcher who studies psilocybin, told Reuters earlier this year. Meanwhile, with the activity in the emotion region of the brain working at full-force, the area that helps us find a sense of self-awareness (the ego) goes quiet.

These effects are gone within five to 10 hours, however, the enlightenment they bring is long-lasting. Studies have shown that the psilocybin in mushrooms may be an effective chemical for treating post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, and anxiety. In a 2011 study, researchers enlisted 12 participants suffering from an advanced stage of cancer, and diagnosed with acute stress disorder or anxiety disorder. After giving them either a small dose of psilocybin, niacin (it induces a mild psychological reaction), or a placebo, they found that those who took psilocybin alleviated some stress, as measured by the STAI anxiety subscale. These effects were consistent up to three months after treatment.

Smokers may also benefit from taking a magic mushroom here and there. In September, researchers from Johns Hopkins University found that 12 out of 15 smokers were able to quit while sitting in a room, tripping on psilocybin, and listening to calming music. Those whose experiences were the most profound were more likely quit, the researchers said. “The rates of quitting were so high, twice as high as what you typically see with the gold standard medication,” researcher Matthew Johnson told Bloomberg News.

Science is only beginning to unravel the mysteries that surround drug use as treatment for psychiatric conditions. In the past few years, studies have shown that other drugs, like LSD and MDMA, also offer some benefit despite sitting next to marijuana and psilocybin on the list of Schedule I substances. Offering them to patients in a controlled manner, like the Johns Hopkins researchers did, could be a good way to procure their benefit without risking the dangers associated with fully dosed drugs.

peacewithoutgod

Quote from: Nihil-ist on August 26, 2015, 11:30:21 AM
Psychedelic drugs make you far more emphatic.   
I've seen it for myself, as I've seen it in you, who ignores what happens to others because they are too selfish to be denied their own pleasure without any compromise. And I did offer the compromise of rational regulation, despite my own very terrifying experience with even the most so-called innocent recreational drug.

You were probably smoking some unknown research chemicals which are quite popular right now thanks to the illegality of drugs.
You were probably smoking some unknown research chemicals which are quite popular right now thanks to the illegality of drugs.
The year was 1985, Asshole, and if I didn't know what it was that I was smoking, I wouldn't have touched it! I was the only one in a large group which was harmed by it, and from there I addressed already your despicable lack of empathy for those who didn't enjoy the shit the way you do, and were actually harmed by it! You are by far the most arrogant shithead not to be banned here as a troll!

Nihil-ist

Quote from: peacewithoutgod on August 26, 2015, 11:40:43 AM
I've seen it for myself, as I've seen it in you, who ignores what happens to others because they are too selfish to be denied their own pleasure without any compromise. And I did offer the compromise of rational regulation, despite my own very terrifying experience with even the most so-called innocent recreational drug.

You were probably smoking some unknown research chemicals which are quite popular right now thanks to the illegality of drugs.  The year was 1985, Asshole, and if I didn't know what it was that I was smoking, I wouldn't have touched it! I was the only one in a large group which was harmed by it, and from there I addressed already your despicable lack of empathy for those who didn't enjoy the shit the way you do, and were actually harmed by it! You are by far the most arrogant shithead not to be banned here as a troll!

Thanks. They should be legal for me to use.

peacewithoutgod

Psychedelic drugs make you far more emphatic.   

The year was 1985, Asshole, and if I didn't know what it was that I was smoking, I wouldn't have touched it! I was the only one in a large group which was harmed by it, and from there I addressed already your despicable lack of empathy for those who didn't enjoy the shit the way you do, and were actually harmed by it! You are by far the most arrogant shithead not to be banned here as a troll!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Nihil-ist on August 26, 2015, 11:18:46 AM
Xanax is deadly additive after 2 months of use you can suffer permanent seizures.
Taking something everyday that can kill you is a band aid. It doesn't solve your problems it just makes you numb very much like being drunk.
Psychedelics are not addictive in the classical sense. They are extremely safe in terms of LD50.
Since they're illegal you don't know what you're getting and what kind of quality.
I'm an adult I should be able to eat mushrooms in my home if I can jump out of a airplane for fun. 

You are missing my point.  I agree that we should be able to eat mushrooms in my own home.  I am for removing all drugs from the illegal list.  Criminal action is not the way to handle addictions.  Anyway, my point is that not everybody can tolerate all drugs the same as everybody else.  Caution should be used with all drugs.  There is no universal get well pill.  Aspirin will kill some, take care of a headache in most, and thin blood in most.  Every substance comes with good and bad effects.  We need to figure out what is right for us on an individual basis.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?