Kid Gloves Atheism and Eastern Philosophy

Started by CrucifyCindy, August 24, 2015, 02:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

India aside- I'll let you kiddies hash that out- Confucianism, for example, has been described as both a philosophy and a religion, but from what I've read of Confucius I would describe more as a philosopher. He was one of a kind, a singularly tall and (apparently quite ugly) guy that was also incredibly bright, a genius. I don't dabble much in philosophy now because I think that belongs in college, but there is knowledge to be gleaned if you seek it.

Likewise the book "Zen And The Art Of Motorcycle Maintenance" is about Zen Buddhism, but presented in such a way as to apply it to everyday life through a series of metaphors. The motorcycle is actually very Zen; an inert object consisting of describable parts that, when ridden, exhibits qualities of a kind that Buckminster Fuller would describe as synergetic; a whole that is greater than the sum of the parts.

If you walk into a library assuming you won't learn anything, you won't. Pick up a book and you might.

Baruch

Reductionists can never admit that anything is more than the sum of its parts ... but quantum entanglement accomplishes just that.

Being relatively conservative myself, the moderate conservatives of Confucius has always impressed me.  Though I like philosophical Daoism too.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

CrucifyCindy

Quote from: stromboli on August 25, 2015, 06:29:36 PM
India aside- I'll let you kiddies hash that out- Confucianism, for example, has been described as both a philosophy and a religion, but from what I've read of Confucius I would describe more as a philosopher. He was one of a kind, a singularly tall and (apparently quite ugly) guy that was also incredibly bright, a genius.

Lao Tzu thought Confucius was an asshole.
“Rational thought is a failed experiment and should be phased out.”
 William S. Burroughs

حسن اÙ,,صباح - Ù,,يس هناك Ù...ا هو صحيح ØŒ ÙƒÙ,, شيء Ù...سÙ...وح به

aitm

Quote from: CrucifyCindy on August 25, 2015, 07:39:38 PM
Lao Tzu thought Confucius was an asshole.

LOL…thats what I hope someone will say at my funeral… you know, after the nation mourns for a respectable time...
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Baruch on August 25, 2015, 06:33:27 PM
Reductionists can never admit that anything is more than the sum of its parts ... but quantum entanglement accomplishes just that.
Psst... Don't tell Baruch that quantum theory (entanglement and all) is a wholey reductionist theory.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Aupmanyav

Time is all powerful. There is a story in Bhagwat Purana when Arjuna, the mighty archer, could not lift his bow, and his women were abducted by enemies. India had its bad days. No one can win over time.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

Nihil-ist

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on August 25, 2015, 10:05:24 PM
Psst... Don't tell Baruch that quantum theory (entanglement and all) is a wholey reductionist theory.

Consciousness is a emergent property of this universe. Everything is every cell, every atom, everything. There is no god other than I
"At some point in human history there were no gods."
"Deus est mortuus logica obtinet"

Baruch

And "I" is the worst god possible ;-(  Egotism is death incarnate.

Though I don't use "emergent" or "epiphenomenal" ... because it is an abuse of scientific reductionism.  We move from whole to part, never from part to whole ... because of the nature of analysis.  The other direction is synthesis, musicians do that, not scientists.  Wholistic things are real, but reductionism is based on the pragmatic ability to ignore that ... the emergence is just a mind trick, because of our POV ... like the simple animation cards riffed, make the image seem to move, while in fact is is you who are moving.

Hakurei - I can use the words of the Quantum devil, against him.  I am not against reductionism per se, I am against panacea illusions.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Nihil-ist

Quote from: Baruch on August 26, 2015, 07:18:08 AM
And "I" is the worst god possible ;-(  Egotism is death incarnate.

Though I don't use "emergent" or "epiphenomenal" ... because it is an abuse of scientific reductionism.  We move from whole to part, never from part to whole ... because of the nature of analysis.  The other direction is synthesis, musicians do that, not scientists.  Wholistic things are real, but reductionism is based on the pragmatic ability to ignore that ... the emergence is just a mind trick, because of our POV ... like the simple animation cards riffed, make the image seem to move, while in fact is is you who are moving.

Hakurei - I can use the words of the Quantum devil, against him.  I am not against reductionism per se, I am against panacea illusions.

You don't even understand the nature of the game until you've done DMT or mushrooms.
I swear to you it will change your life the secrets of the universe will unfold behind your eyelids.
Every bit of matter is consciousness and when you do these things you can communicate with the collective.
I know this sounds odd but humans have built method for this called DMT. It's the most powerful psychedelic compound know to man in terms of what it does to consciousness.
Because we always look outward we don't see it but when we look inward this is where we find it. You get to see how information packed matter is DNA, atoms, molecules all that shit.

Infinity is made of imagination.

This human civilization thing has happened because we lost connection with the collective every other living thing is in constant contact with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdqA120L1vY
A mirror of deception that shows what once was me
A sickening reflection is all that I can see
The image I witnessed is now long lost
Just fragments of a memory... trails of a ghost....

I embraced new wisdom defiled!
Shattered the chains that kept me... confined!
Knowledge is power, and that I craved
Consumed was my spirit
Unspeakable presence, exalted by many
Eternal is my spirit!

Let there be light for those who seek the burning flame
Beyond the stars my throne awaits them who believe
I am above all other angels
Praise my name to the sound of drums
My hand with stretch on Earth and water
Gathering my chosen ones!

Immaculate deception!
Be free from all hypocrisy
Cleanse the Earth my children
In a blaze of scorn!

All gather at nightfall!
I will my armies through the dark!
Burn all in your pathway
Watch the flames grow high and brighter!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmZqFKmx3e4
   Mountains mask the tomb of thy eternal sleep
Guarded by the Seven Stars of Divine Power
Invoked only by the abominations of the abyss
Hordes of Utukki! The world will cower!

Xastur! Beloved of the ancient
Thy name is called! Awake and come to me!
Absu! Berth of all ancient evil
Stir the depths! Send forth your legions!

Kutulu rise from the seas of Nar Mattaru
To thy covenant you must hold firm
Sons of iniquity embrace your oath
Fulfill the prophecy in the Book of the Worm

Ninghizhidda heed my pledge! Sorceress of the Magick Wand
Those who dwell beyond the gate I came to seek beneath the sand
Hear me dormant spirit! Scourge of madness from your throne!
Open gate of Ganzir! Watcher of the land unknown!
Ia! Thou who art before all things
Ia! Born before man's reign begun
Ia! Thou art before legend and myth
Ia! Thou who art the ancient one!

In the name of Shammash! In the name of Ishtar!
Seven stars of seven powers
Ever-shining North Star
Iak sakkak Kutulu!
Come to me o ancient one!

Remember minions of the Great Old War
Beware the knower of the secret names
For all must perish for his power to restore
He wields the chariot with the disc of flames!

Guardians of the gates heed my calling
Answer to no other voice but mine!
For I have awoken the dead but dreaming
Resist.... and death shalt be thine!

May the dead rise
And smell the incense of my curse!
I summon thee...
Creatures of hatred and despise
I summon thee...
My words shall shatter the gate within!

The serpent awakes from silent slumber
Mother and queen of the world down under
The Absu yawns with jaws wide open
Behold the uprise of the ancient demon!

Xastur! Beloved of the ancient
Thy name is called! Awake and come to me!
Absu! Berth of all ancient evil
Stir the depths! Send forth your legions!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Nihil-ist on August 26, 2015, 08:04:19 AM
You don't even understand the nature of the game until you've done DMT or mushrooms.

That, my friend, is pure bullshit.  Maybe even dangerous bullshit.  Why?  Because each and every one of us are a collection of chemicals in a sack.  Those chemicals are basically the same; but not exactly the same or in the same amounts.  And therein lies the problem.  You don't know what DMT or mushrooms or any other drug will do when it combines with the chemicals already present in that person.  For one person, a certain drug acts one way, and it can act in the opposite way with another person.  And dosages matter--as a mild example, I drove across country one summer; didn't have air conditioning, so I drove at night.  At the beginning of the night, coffee worked great--by the end of the night, coffee was putting me to sleep.  My exwife was driven to the edge of insanity by grass--she became super agitated--her high was one long panic attack.  While for me I became happy, horny and hungry.  So, taking a drug and thinking it a wonder drug that opens the world to you, can actually have the opposite effect--or not effect--or the effect you expect.  Nobody knows until you do it.  I don't like playing with shit like that--I am happy in my own little sack of chemicals and only want to induce outside chemicals (ice cream is different--everybody needs lots and lots of ice cream!) very carefully.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

jonb

Nihil-ist

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 26, 2015, 09:30:31 AM
That, my friend, is pure bullshit.  Maybe even dangerous bullshit.  Why?  Because each and every one of us are a collection of chemicals in a sack.  Those chemicals are basically the same; but not exactly the same or in the same amounts.  And therein lies the problem.  You don't know what DMT or mushrooms or any other drug will do when it combines with the chemicals already present in that person.  For one person, a certain drug acts one way, and it can act in the opposite way with another person.  And dosages matter--as a mild example, I drove across country one summer; didn't have air conditioning, so I drove at night.  At the beginning of the night, coffee worked great--by the end of the night, coffee was putting me to sleep.  My exwife was driven to the edge of insanity by grass--she became super agitated--her high was one long panic attack.  While for me I became happy, horny and hungry.  So, taking a drug and thinking it a wonder drug that opens the world to you, can actually have the opposite effect--or not effect--or the effect you expect.  Nobody knows until you do it.  I don't like playing with shit like that--I am happy in my own little sack of chemicals and only want to induce outside chemicals (ice cream is different--everybody needs lots and lots of ice cream!) very carefully.

multidisciplinary association for psychedelic studies
http://www.maps.org/
http://www.nature.com/news/no-link-found-between-psychedelics-and-psychosis-1.16968

DMT occurs naturally in your body and all real science being done on these classical psychedelics are proving to be beneficial and very safe as "drugs" LSD, DMT, mushrooms, and mescaline.
These are sacred medicine from nature we are nature too!
Please read aldous huxley and other great psychedelic researchers.

I suffered from depression and anxiety took Xanax till it almost killed me.
Nothing helped. I smoked DMT once and it disappeared.
These substances have the potential to unlock us of our perceived limitations and give us peace with our existence. Truly I see beauty in everyone and everything.
My work days pass with bliss and ease. I didn't think it was possible but it is!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZoeWo1oEKI

Hakurei Reimu

Find alternatives that are actually better, and I'll use the alternatives. Until then, get that shit out of here.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

peacewithoutgod

Take the advice of a nihil-ist on drug use, and you deserve what you get!

Nihlism is what atheism is unjustly equated with in America.

ni·hil·ism (nī'il-izm, nī'hi-lizm),
1. In psychiatry, the delusion of the nonexistence of everything, especially of the self or part of the self.
2. Engagement in acts that are totally destructive to one's own purposes and those of one's group.
[L. nihil, nothing]
Farlex Partner Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012

atheism
noun athe·ism \ˈā-thÄ"-ËŒi-zÉ™m\
Definition of ATHEISM
archaic :  ungodliness, wickedness archaic as in incorrect and unjustly attributed!
a :  a disbelief in the existence of deity

One of these guys is not like the others
One of these guys does not belong...
There are two types of ideas: fact and non-fact. Ideas which are not falsifiable are non-fact, therefore please don't insist your fantasies of supernatural beings are in any way factual.

Doctrine = not to be questioned = not to be proven = not fact. When you declare your doctrine fact, you lie.

drunkenshoe

And "I" is the worst god possible

Yeah, but then it is the only god possible, isn't it?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp