Your favorite so-bad-it's-good movies

Started by Hydra009, March 12, 2013, 07:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antediluvian

I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

Weltfrieden

Quote from: "Sal1981"
Quote from: "Rasputin"The Room, I win.
It's so bad, it's a comedy.
He tried to claim afterward that he made it that bad on purpose. Considering how he promoted it at first, I think not.

hillbillyatheist

I like Dirty Work. the acting is just terrible but it just makes the movie that much funnier to me. I love that movie!

[youtube:ppw2vv0s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va4HVRgbXiY[/youtube:ppw2vv0s]
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

the_antithesis

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "EntirelyOfThisWorld"Eating Roul (1980 something.  A satire on the Sexual Revolution and Cannibalism <yum>)

The Rick Copeland finds "Eating Raoul" pretty funny. Especially John Paragon as the guy selling the dildos. It's hard to imagine that's the same dude who played Jambi on "Pee-Wee's Playhouse". And who hasn't wanted to electrocute people by tossing a bug zapper into their hot tub?

Quote from: "EntirelyOfThisWorld"The Gods Must be Crazy.  (Like one of those Disney B movies of the fifties, but without the Republican Family Values.)

Oh, God... The Rick Copeland hates that movie so very, very much...
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

"Syphilis is the algebra of infection."

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "Rasputin"
Quote from: "Sal1981"
Quote from: "Rasputin"The Room, I win.
It's so bad, it's a comedy.
He tried to claim afterward that he made it that bad on purpose. Considering how he promoted it at first, I think not.

But that makes the win more severely epic.

As The Rick Copeland cannot mention "The Room" he'll put up, for your consideration, the Patric Swayze/ Ben Gazarra/ Kelly Lynch opus "Roadhouse".
"It was then I understood my mission. I knew I must overthrow the white man and all he stood for. But that would not be easy. I would need the help from my organizing brothers and sisters. But most of all, I\'d need the help of Allah. All thanks be to Allah, praise be his sweet and blessed name."
   -- From "Dreams From my Father: The Unexpurgated Version THEY don\'t Want You To Read". By B. Obama Hussein, Forward By Jerome Corsi"

rickcopeland648

Quote from: "antediluvian"Andy Warhol's Dracula (1974)

AKA "Blood for Dracula"... Nice choice. Hopefully you spotted the Roman Polanski cameo (he's one of the villagers in the bar). If you haven't seen it "Andy Warhol's Frankenstein" (AKA "Flesh for Frankenstein") is also horrendous. It was written and direct by Paul Morrissey as well and features a fair amount of the same cast (Udo Kier, the always awful Joe Dallesandro, and a few others). The Rick Copeland seems to recall reading the two movies were mide simultaneously, which would explain a lot. "Andy Warhol's Frankenstein"  also has this Serbian racial purity thing going on which is pretty funny, and you get to see Udo Kier get his rocks off while fondling innards. Throw in two creepy kids and a sister/ lover and you have it made. A local theater used to play them as a double feature every Halloween.

Ah, hell... It's not so bad it's good, but it is bad. The Rick Copeland will toss in the vile German movie "Nekromantik". If you've ever wondered what would happen in a love triangle involving a man, his girlfriend, and the corpse they both love this is right down your alley. If you have wondered this then posed the question "yes, but what if the woman dumps her boyfriend for said corpse", wait no more. Your answer awaits. Nobody makes that shit (sometimes literally) like the Germans...

Solitary

My first thought was Eating Raoul, but on second thought I believe it is a good movie. There are so many to choose from. I would pick Mannequin (1987) because every critic hates it, and I like it. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Savior2006

[youtube:1n89o3er]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsieadPPvJE[/youtube:1n89o3er]

This movie was beyond cheesy, and I loved it. :Hangman:
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

SGOS

I'm pretty sure my favorite in this category would have to be the original low budget Night of the Living Dead.  The sequels were jazzed up a bit with higher production values, but the original was pure cheese with a couple of stop your heart scenes.

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

What the hell... I just learned someone did a remake of the Evil Dead movie... It came out in April. Don't those fuckers know it could never be as over-the-top as the original?

I'll end up watching it... fuck.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

Princess Megatron

I can't help it. I LOVE watching those god-awful movies that Sherwood Pictures make -- Fireproof, Facing the Giants, etc. They've got a strange watchable quality to them, but it's when all the Jesus freakery starts that they just get hilarious. They're perfect to riff on; I've watched a couple of them multiple times already, and I have new material each and every time they come on.

Brainscan:

//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QaRbBSeLkj4

And then, there's this collection of genius:

//https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrJkngXnvsM
Quote from: \"Smartmarzipan\"
Quote from: \"baddogma\"ONLY go with the guy if he offers you candy and drives a van.

Or a box of puppies. You\'re gonna feel real stupid when you miss out on all those puppies.

Hydra009

Speaking of evil, dead things:

[youtube:7lougn28]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14LMLmDZIVs[/youtube:7lougn28]

Hilariously bad for quite a few reasons:

* A wild miniboss appears!  Why?  How?  Was he just waiting there for the protagonists to come by?  Who knows!
* Alice wins initiative and uses flying kick!  It's not very effective...  (Alice could've used her guns first, but nah, flying kick ftw)
* Alice is KOed and ready for the coup de grace, but Axeman stupidly goes after Clair first.
* Claire uses bullets.  They're not very effective either.
* At about this time, it's apparent that insanely powerful attacks don't really matter when you're a slowass.
* Gratuitous slow-mo.
* The hairflip at 1:31.   Is that supposed to be sexy?  Or badass?  I'm confused.
* Axeman throws his only weapon.  /derp
* Alice uses pennies.  Totally instagibs the guy.  Somehow.  Pennies > Bullets.

Princess Megatron

Oh, and Sleepwalkers! It's terribad, but I watch it constantly.
Quote from: \"Smartmarzipan\"
Quote from: \"baddogma\"ONLY go with the guy if he offers you candy and drives a van.

Or a box of puppies. You\'re gonna feel real stupid when you miss out on all those puppies.