News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

a conundrum

Started by jonb, August 22, 2015, 06:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

I very much like things that don't exist. Wolverine. Orcs. Laputa castle in the sky. Wizard magic. Hogwarts. Transformers. Every monster in creepypastas. Wall-e. Wallace and Gromit. Mutant powers. The land of Oz. Naked superheroes who should lighting from their dong.

Welcome btw!

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

jonb

Quote from: aitm on August 23, 2015, 09:09:05 AM
Welcome to the forum. Mostly a good gang with a few butt heads and one particular loose cannon.
I like to think of myself as a bit of a loose cannon (in that I will even question my own point of view). I think I may recognise a few faces from another place of a few years ago, so I think you are right there are some very nice people here.

Quote from: Mike Cl on August 23, 2015, 09:21:03 AM
Maybe 'contempt' is too strong a word.  There are elements of contempt, but I am still amazed at the depth of the willful blindness and ignorance theists display.  They never seem to outgrow their Santa Claus stage.
It seems to me most of them to be at the stage where they know he does not exist, but will not admit it to their parents incase they don't get the presents.

Quote from: Baruch on August 23, 2015, 09:55:00 AM
edit  But there is no educating the willfully stubborn.
My wife is a primary school teacher, that's her job.

Quote from: Munch on August 23, 2015, 10:27:10 AM
I very much like things that don't exist. Wolverine. Orcs. Laputa castle in the sky. Wizard magic. Hogwarts. Transformers. Every monster in creepypastas. Wall-e. Wallace and Gromit. Mutant powers. The land of Oz. Naked superheroes who should lighting from their dong.

I can understand you liking those things, and that is an impressive superpower even if it would look odd in a graphic novel when the hero starts fiddling with his flies. But as far as I know fans of those things do not expect everybody to join in communal singing to them once a week.

Thanks for all the welcomes folks!

Munch

Quote from: jonb on August 23, 2015, 03:26:37 PM

I can understand you liking those things, and that is an impressive superpower even if it would look odd in a graphic novel when the hero starts fiddling with his flies. But as far as I know fans of those things do not expect everybody to join in communal singing to them once a week.

Believe it or not, we have comic books of just such a hero.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

(May not want your boss seeing you opening this ^)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

AllPurposeAtheist

Meh.. I have to determine people's degrees of dipshittedness..Some are just born dipshits, some are trained to be dipshits and some really have to work at being dipshits. Some sort of fade in and out of dipshittedness and a few,  very few seem to entirely avoid dipshittedness. The thing is if you survey 10000000000 people 99.99999% will deny dipshittedness and the. 0000001% aren't even aware of the dipshits around them.

What to do, what to do ....
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

jonb

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on August 23, 2015, 05:19:49 PM
Meh.. I have to determine people's degrees of dipshittedness..Some are just born dipshits, some are trained to be dipshits and some really have to work at being dipshits. Some sort of fade in and out of dipshittedness and a few,  very few seem to entirely avoid dipshittedness. The thing is if you survey 10000000000 people 99.99999% will deny dipshittedness and the. 0000001% aren't even aware of the dipshits around them.

What to do, what to do ....

This is one of the best self defeating posts I have ever seen! Lets look at it-

QuoteMeh.. I have to determine people's degrees of dipshittedness.

Why?
Are you are born to do this?
QuoteSome are just born dipshits
Have you been programmed to do this?
Quotesome are trained to be dipshits
Are you in need of money and are paid to do this?
Quoteand some really have to work at being dipshits

QuoteSome sort of fade in and out of dipshittedness and a few,  very few seem to entirely avoid dipshittedness.
If you have to examine dipshittedness, then by definition you are not avoiding it then are you?

QuoteThe thing is if you survey 10000000000 people 99.99999% will deny dipshittedness and the. 0000001% aren't even aware of the dipshits around them.

Which leaves the question are you of the 99.99999% and will deny your dipshittedness or the . 0000001% who do not recognise it around them or more pointedly in themselves?

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

PickelledEggs

jonb

Greenbottle thanks for the welcome I'm wearing my best Essex tartan just for you!

PE, Sorry about my mother has she escaped from the security home again?

Green Bottle

Essex tartan  wtf is that   lol

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''