News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Infant Water Survival Skills

Started by Jack89, March 11, 2013, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack89

This is pretty amazing.  The kid might need therapy when he gets older though.  
[youtube:40a4ob20]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI_XzNfxjlY[/youtube:40a4ob20]

aitm

kids are pretty tough at that age. I don't see any problems but I am not a psycho hunter. I suspect getting raped might be a tougher sell.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Colanth

My father had me in the water hen I was much younger than that - a few months old.  When I was a kid I was a water rat - I spent most of my summers partly or totally submerged from dawn to past dusk.  Once I got my first wet suit and diving gear, I spent about 6 months of the year in the water.

That kid's not going to have any problems when it comes to water.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Plu

Yeah I've seen this before. If you teach them young enough, they'll be able to survive in the water pretty well. And it doesn't really hurt them in the long run, either. Mostly because they won't remember.

Fidel_Castronaut

Babies can swim underwater and hold their breath after being born for maybe a couple of months, but lose that ability after that and have to re-learn it when older.

Instincts carried over from the womb, don't you know?
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

Aroura33

What is funny about this is that it is an ad for a service to help teach small kids water survival (so no accidental drowning in the pool).  That kid crying for his dad, and saying "I can't", it's obvious it was kind of scary for the little guy.  He wasn't drowning, but he couldn't move or get out either.
To keep your kid in a the pool for nearly 10 minutes while he's crying for you, just to advertise your business, is pretty....odd.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

The Skeletal Atheist

I tried throwing some infants in water. They all died, probably because it was boiling...tasted fantastic though.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Plu

QuoteThat kid crying for his dad, and saying "I can't", it's obvious it was kind of scary for the little guy.

People in general seem to often forget that babies cry because they have a problem and need their parents.

It's why the standard way of getting babies to be quiet in their beds (the one where you basically just let the child cry until it stops by itself) is actually really bad parenting. You're basically teaching the kid "cry all you want, I'm not coming to help if there's something wrong" from birth.