A Church Going Pedophile Before An Atheist President.

Started by Solitary, August 05, 2015, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draconic Aiur

Quote from: FaithIsFilth on August 05, 2015, 03:58:04 PM
There have surely already been many atheist and pedophile Presidents. I think Maher meant to say openly

Yaeah, but they covered themselfs up with the theist notion like deism to escape the wrath of insane christian mobs

Ace101

Quote from: Shiranu on August 06, 2015, 12:27:48 AM
I think Maher would probably lose more because he is just a total jack-off rather than his atheism...
Let me guess, because he criticizes Islam instead of just Christianity.

Therefore he's a jackoff. And if an Islamist kills someone it's Bill Maher's fault for offending them.

drunkenshoe

Maher does not criticise Islam, -or anything else for that matter- he accuses a religion of 2 billion with vastly different cultures as the mother of all 'evil and filth' -because that's what his audience demands to hear- and pretends to be the smart guy in the room while an intelligent 16 year old has the capacity to estimate the role of politics, international policies play out the main cause and effect on the global arena today. Industries, money and power.

The problem is in defining Maher as a figure who is capable of 'criticism'. He is a stand up comedian. He delivers 'politically incorrect' punch lines as long as it is OK to deliver them. It's his job, he is not a critic. He is not worth more than the media he exists in. And he is one of the products of the American atheist movement selling a perception to a specific target group. (Sam Harris is a different part of the same vendor.)

These people are showmen and their job is to save the day with 'clever' punchlines in front of the camera. They are powerful and listened to, getting hyped and hyped, functioning as some fake political voices, marketing mainstream politics disguised in opposition with their designed personalities, comedy thrown between, so Americans would pay attention more than 20 seconds to some show. BEACUSE THERE IS NO REAL POLITICAL PUBLIC OPPOSITION in the United States; just two camps pulling and anything other than that is not even considered as politics. And that hype is the American celebrity culture I tried to dicuss with trdsf in Pluto thread. Obnoxious 'smart', white male from a christian AND discovered later -this is an important detail always expressed this way- his jewish background. (He didn't know he had a close jewish ancestor, meaning he wasn't raised in the culture, he 'discovered' later...he is not 'less' than average 'ideal' American, but also from the 'smart' group, lol) Perfect product for marketing with his cons and pros.

Speaking generally of these 'figures', their target groups are various. From christian-nationalists to young American atheists of any kind, who see problems of their own and in rest of the world in black and white, isolated from the world, grew up under constant propaganda insisting their neutral position as 'atheists' has nothing to do with the issues of politics, race, gender, but just a badge of 'enlightenment'. But in the end these people are batting for a certain team. They do not have anything orginal or sound to offer. Because whatever their 'talk' is they cannot get out a pre-drawn line. Nothing forward.

Bill Maher -exactly like Sam Harris- defends Irak war and he is uncapable of producing an original idea or any real crticism against any real issues in/out of the United States, because he would lose his place, his fame and money. It's fucking show business.

Political satire requires a real sincere stance, and serious salt that results from intrenalisation of certain fundamental principles. If you support the very result of every fucking mess while talking back to them in parts, you are just playing around and selling yourself.

So the perception they sell is based on one thing. US; Christian policies. Illustrating their talk with negative examples and expressions targeting their own, screaming their heads off on 'secularism'  doesn't do squad. It's a gig, they fit in.

That's why, none of these morons will ever get up there with figures like Carlin. Because these people are trying to sell themselves instead of coming up with an idea or offering something that could stir something in people. They are brought there by hype and their insurance is the collective ignorance of their audience.

You are talking about a man who is making money as a stand up comedian by sellling his character as an atheist ffs. He is a marketed product.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

SGOS

Maher would run as a liberal.  Now just imagine:  A presidential election between Bill Maher (D), and Donald Trump (R).  Think of the rhetoric during the campaign, the comedy, and the insanity of two highly celebrated baboons, both providing a constant barrage of half baked blowhard thoughts.  It would be like a summation of American politics and all that America stands for.

Solitary

I think Bill Maher is hated more for being a Jew than an atheist.  :naughty:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Cocoa Beware

I dont believe his remarks are entirely off-base, all he needed to do was mention that this hypothetical pedophile was also a Christian.

AllPurposeAtheist

They'd rather elect a secret Muslim, reptilian, Nazi, communist from Kenya than an atheist. .
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

Quote from: Ace101 on August 06, 2015, 12:39:48 AM
Let me guess, because he criticizes Islam instead of just Christianity.

Therefore he's a jackoff. And if an Islamist kills someone it's Bill Maher's fault for offending them.

Eh, no, he is a jackoff because he acts like a total jackoff... even when not in character.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Munch

Quote from: Shiranu on August 08, 2015, 06:52:42 PM
Eh, no, he is a jackoff because he acts like a total jackoff... even when not in character.

I dunno, the fact he managed to make Ben assfleck show what a thick as shit asshole he is gives Bill points.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin