A Church Going Pedophile Before An Atheist President.

Started by Solitary, August 05, 2015, 10:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/bill-maher-on-running-for-office-americans-would-probably-elect-a-pedophile-before-an-atheist/

Real Time host Bill Maher shot down the idea again of going from political commentator to politician while promoting a show in San Diego.

“First of all, I have no desire to run for office,” he told the San Diego Union-Tribune. “Second, I could never even come close to winning, because I’m an atheist. Poll after poll shows Americans would elect almost anyone before they elect an atheist. They would probably elect a pedophile before an atheist. Atheism, in the American lexicon, is just the worst thing you could be.”

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Munch

While its true that atheism and secularism is growing in first world countries, Maher is right, there are still many people who would sooner look the other way on a pedophile president then they would vote for one who doesn't believe the same religious shit they do.

Lets just hope in the coming decades it goes another way for all first world countries.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

dtq123

Spread this on Christian sites will you? I'm too lazy to do it, but I'd like to see their reactions.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Solitary on August 05, 2015, 11:19:01 AM
What? I have told you a billion times I don't exaggerate!
I meant Bill. I didn't even know you had a job.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Munch

Well, sometimes you need hyperbole, given if we all acted the same it might sound the same thing all the time. So Maher and guys like the amazing atheist have their place.

Solitary

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 05, 2015, 11:28:14 AM
I meant Bill. I didn't even know you had a job.
But, but, My real name is Bill. I don't have a job accept to try and destroy superstitious nonsense.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Solitary on August 05, 2015, 11:43:25 AM
But, but, My real name is Bill. I don't have a job accept to try and destroy superstitious nonsense.
C'est magnifique!
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on August 05, 2015, 11:34:31 AM
Well, sometimes you need hyperbole, given if we all acted the same it might sound the same thing all the time. So Maher and guys like the amazing atheist have their place.
Wasn't dissing Bill, I like to watch his show.
PZ Myers

Munch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 05, 2015, 11:57:07 AM
Wasn't dissing Bill, I like to watch his show.

I only catch him on youtube sometimes, but he's enjoyable to watch.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Munch on August 05, 2015, 11:59:29 AM
I only catch him on youtube sometimes, but he's enjoyable to watch.
New Rule! You have to watch him all the time.
PZ Myers

Baruch

Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Ace101

Quote from: Solitary on August 05, 2015, 10:07:20 AM
http://www.rawstory.com/2015/07/bill-maher-on-running-for-office-americans-would-probably-elect-a-pedophile-before-an-atheist/

Real Time host Bill Maher shot down the idea again of going from political commentator to politician while promoting a show in San Diego.

“First of all, I have no desire to run for office,” he told the San Diego Union-Tribune. “Second, I could never even come close to winning, because I’m an atheist. Poll after poll shows Americans would elect almost anyone before they elect an atheist. They would probably elect a pedophile before an atheist. Atheism, in the American lexicon, is just the worst thing you could be.”
I think he's exaggerating, seeing as even "born again pedophiles" like the Duggars get yanked from the air, but Maher has never faced being fired just for being an atheist that I know of.

Shiranu

I think Maher would probably lose more because he is just a total jack-off rather than his atheism...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur