Flying Sphagetti monster - Greatest Atheist Straw man OAT

Started by mendacium remedium, March 11, 2013, 06:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

Quote from: "Jesus"Where did he go?
When an argument gets too difficult to continue to defend rather than concede that he made a mistake he disappears for a few days or weeks, then comes back and starts a new thread with the same argument stated in a new way which he thinks will be easier to defend.  This, by the way, is known as "moving the goalposts".
This sentence is a lie...

leo

Quote from: "widdershins"
Quote from: "Jesus"Where did he go?
When an argument gets too difficult to continue to defend rather than concede that he made a mistake he disappears for a few days or weeks, then comes back and starts a new thread with the same argument stated in a new way which he thinks will be easier to defend.  This, by the way, is known as "moving the goalposts".
^^^ this . He is a troll.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

NonXNonExX

"And I don't mean that as a slur. I mean that in the clinical sense of the word." IOW, now don't take this the wrong way, but damn, you're really stupid!!

I think you all are misunderstanding MR's intentions. He knows he's right, so he keeps posting his BS thinking that eventually even the atheists on this forum will go out and buy burqas for their wives, girlfriends and grown daughters. It's possible he even thinks he's helping us.
Confident in the goodness of the Truth, Christians of all people should be the most open to honest inquiry and generous intellectual dialogue. They should not be defensive or desperate; they should be even more committed to seeking and serving the Truth than the professors are.
Timothy Dalrymple, Xtian blogger

Recently discovered Xtian principle: I\'m OK, you may be OK, and they are definitely not OK.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "NonXNonExX""And I don't mean that as a slur. I mean that in the clinical sense of the word." IOW, now don't take this the wrong way, but damn, you're really stupid!!

I think you all are misunderstanding MR's intentions. He knows he's right, so he keeps posting his BS thinking that eventually even the atheists on this forum will go out and buy burqas for their wives, girlfriends and grown daughters. It's possible he even thinks he's helping us.

we're like the toilet to his visits..............
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Colanth

Quote from: "NonXNonExX""And I don't mean that as a slur. I mean that in the clinical sense of the word." IOW, now don't take this the wrong way, but damn, you're really stupid!!

See your second sentence for an analysis of your last sentence. :)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Hydra009

:lol: Pretty much.

BarkAtTheMoon

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"[ Image ]

:shock: I want one of those toilets for my cats' litter box.
"When you landed on the moon, that was the point when God should have come up and said hello. Because if you invent some creatures and you put them on the blue one and they make it to the grey one, then you fucking turn up and say, 'Well done.' It's just a polite thing to do." - Eddie Izzard

Mathias

Has anyone seen  "messdacium remendium"???? :-)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Minimalist

QuoteAs far as I know, all Pastafarians agree that the FSM created the universe.

Yes...and should be served al dente with Romano cheese with red wine.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken