News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

These fuckers are clueless

Started by widdershins, March 11, 2013, 05:38:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

widdershins

I am working on a computer for a customer having email problems and, checking out the email to find the problem, I came across an email about racism (the first email in the list and the only one I opened for the sole purpose of fixing the problem.  I don't normally peruse customer's emails).  What little I read of it made me look it up.  It turns out that it is a large excerpt from a piece by Pat Buchanan, a man I once supported for Presidential candidate in my younger days when the only politics I ever heard, talked or thought about was with the office full of Republicans.  The entire post can be found here, but here are some gems from it which made it into the email.
QuoteFirst, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.
My fist response,  :wtf:
America has been the "best country on earth for black folks"???  Let's say that's true.  Let's just accept that as fact.  Let's say I also have given more food to homeless people than anyone else on earth.  The food I give them, rat carcases which are just starting to go off.  Does that make me a great fucking guy?  Does that mean I'm not a dick?  Does that mean I'm doing the right thing?  Fuck no!  It doesn't matter if America really has been "the best country on earth for black folks" (you know, if you forget everything but the last few decades and, in your memory, pretend those last few decades were all like 'right now'...and pretend racism is gone...and pretend racial profiling doesn't happen...and pretend there aren't a disproportionately high number of blacks in our prisons...and forget that the poorest, most rundown neighborhoods in our country are more often than not minority neighborhoods...and forget the worst schools in America tend to have large minority populations...or you can just pretend it's their own fault they're poor, they are the ones making their schools bad and they are the ones making bad choices because of only their poor choices, not the conditions in which they grow up.)

Oh, I see he addresses my points above in this quote:
QuoteIs white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America? Is it really white America's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?
Nothing is more disgusting to me than a racist who doesn't think he's a racist and this guy is a white hood away from being as racist as it gets.

I don't pretend to know what the solution is, but I do know it's a shitload better now than it was when I was a kid.  But "better" IS NOT the same as "problem solved.  We're done here".  Bottom line, the problem with black America IS a problem created ENTIRELY by whites.  No, not you, personally and not me personally, but that doesn't change the fact that a free ride to college for a very, VERY small percentage of blacks doesn't come close to how much better I, as a white man, have it in America.  Personally, I don't think that I, personally, am responsible to make up for anything as I, personally, didn't do anything wrong.  But unlike this asshole I understand it's not about me, personally.  It's about this country, which did a very fucking big wrong to blacks in particular and all minorities in general.  But not only is the problem not about me personally, nobody is asking me, personally to do anything about it.  The government of the country which did the wrongs is attempting to, not only make amends, but actually undo the damage with tax dollars.  Contrary to popular belief among the Buchanans of the world, "tax dollars" does NOT mean "white people's money".  White people aren't the only ones paying fucking taxes.  It's not a white people fix.  They act like white people aren't completely responsible, white people are the only ones paying to try to fix the problem and the problem is fixed.  Sorry for the rant, but all of those things are wrong and it pisses me off.
This sentence is a lie...

AllPurposeAtheist

Don't worry, the door swings both ways with racism and fucking ignorance. I had a run in with an ignorant racist black guy today who said, "The Catholic church rapes more kids than any 'religion'".. to which I pointed out Islam and the little boys raised as girls.. . That really pissed him off and when two other black guys backed me up he said, 'STFU Catholic whiteboy' and was even more stupified to learn I'm an atheist, so now
Whitey' the atheist, who is going to burn in hell by the way doesn't know shit and he backtracked his whole line of bullshit and shut the conversation off refusing to speak with me once called on his blanket of bullshit statements...
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

antediluvian

Good thing you have a private room APA.
I always wondered why having balls was equated with "strength".  Balls are sensitive and delicate, actually.   Better to grow a vagina.  Those things can take a pounding - and pop out a live human being the size of a watermelon.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "antediluvian"Good thing you have a private room APA.
I almost wish it were a dorm again. He's to easy to turn the tables on. He thinks he'll intimidate me with muscle/brute force.. I've had my ass kicked by professionals with less to lose. ;-)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Colanth

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"
Quote from: "antediluvian"Good thing you have a private room APA.
I almost wish it were a dorm again. He's to easy to turn the tables on. He thinks he'll intimidate me with muscle/brute force.. I've had my ass kicked by professionals with less to lose. ;-)
Just remember, Marty - if you don't let him kick your ass, the food in prison is probably better than what you're getting now.  (Just hope no one mentions 'self defense' at your trial, or you'll have to keep living at the shelter.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

pato15

Ah yes, the "Them negras ain't grateful for us givin' 'em civilizashun" argument. Especially ironic, given that it's usually espoused by folks like this:

To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

Thumpalumpacus

What are these "black folk" of which he speaks?
<insert witty aphorism here>

widdershins

Sorry for the rant.  I was furious at those obviously racist remarks thinly veiled in what was intended to be reason.  I came across a page several years ago where the guy stated that he wasn't racist and then went on to explain, "There are black people and then there are niggers."  He then went on to define what a "nigger" was.  Turns out it's someone who wears saggy pants, holds a gun "gangsta style" or, pretty much, exhibits any sign of the media version of "black culture".  Since then I've had no patience for dumb ass pricks misrepresenting the facts who really, truly believe that they are not racist simply because they don't mind black people, so long as they don't act too black.
This sentence is a lie...

Farroc

QuoteContrary to popular belief among the Buchanans of the world, "tax dollars" does NOT mean "white people's money".

My last name is Buchanan... :(
"The idea of getting a, y\'know, syringe full of heroin and shooting it in the vein under my cock right now seems like almost a productive act." -Bill Hicks

Colanth

Quote from: "Farroc"My last name is Buchanan... :(
My condolences.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.