The Song that helped me through life

Started by dtq123, July 27, 2015, 04:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dtq123

To celebrate the mark of the beast, let us dine on fine music and a good story!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaNvzj6H8RA

When I was about in the 7th grade this song helped me recover from a depression that nearly lead me to suicide. The song follows a boy who doesn't like the world and it's hypocrisy, so he decides to keep quite about it and move on with his life. This was especially comforting because I was feeling paralyzed, and that I had gone to confess right before finding this song (as I was still religious at the time.) Confessional always seems weird to me, even then. And when this song came about I did a whole lot of reflection around life in general, but when I reached the rules of social life it was terrifying. Most would say love is to marry someone who is already well off without you, and that love is unconditional. That send me over to another depression in the 8th grade, but having this song as a resource really helped me quite a lot as I recovered much more quickly. This song makes me accept that we all are shitty, and that we shouldn't fuss over it. Again, reflection on life came about and by the time I came to religion in the middle of the 8th grade I was ready to dissect it for what it really was. Superstition and lies. Possibly worst of all was the resentment that came from my parents, but by the time they found out I was already in a niche of just "moving on" like I always do. I accept hypocrisy for what it is, I don't play by the rules, I exploit the lies that are tossed at me. And the whole world is threatened by my presence.
A dark cloud looms over.
Festive cheer does not help much.
What is this, "Justice?"