Another Missing Link Found---Explain that deniers!

Started by Solitary, July 24, 2015, 11:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Right!   Now they want to know what is before and after this one. Good thinking!  :super:
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PopeyesPappy

Already heard a Christer procliam this as proof that the Old Testament version of Genesis is true because, "And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life."

It seems this was a pre-fall snake...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

TomFoolery

It will probably be explained the same way they explain away vestigial hind legs on whales:

http://creation.com/the-strange-tale-of-the-leg-on-the-whale
QuoteBy contrast, there is nothing about the anatomy of modern whales, including the occasional minor abnormalities, which is difficult to incorporate into a creationist understanding of their origins. The Lord Jesus Christ, the Creator-made-flesh, indicated in Mark 10:6 that people were made ‘from the beginning of the creation’ (not billions of years after the beginning). Whales, along with other creatures of the sea, were made just one day earlier.4 The same God Who is able to raise a person from the dead was easily able to accomplish this.

I made the mistake of allowing myself to be sucked into a conversation with these two Bible nuts that used to hang out in front of the science building at USC to warn scientific heathens entering and exiting about the dangers of godless science. I had my textbook textbook detailing homologous structures as evidence of evolution. The picture I showed them was quite similar to the one below. They said it wasn't evidence of evolution at all, but rather evidence of "God's plan."

with logic like that, we should burn down all the labs and turn them into churches. You just can't fix denialism.
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers